• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
A Nice Lunch... Yeah, not so much

I just have the best friends ever. One of them loves me so much that they decided to go against my orders and followed me, my sister, and my marefriend to my parents house and invite themselves to stay with us and ruin the first time I've even seen my parents in about three months.

We ponies normally don't curse, but thanks a lot, Dick Lightning.

Right now I'm just enjoying the few moments we have while Dark is still washing up in the bathroom. What in Equestria is taking him so long anyway? I'm starving.

I slowly reach out for my sandwich. Come to papa.

"Blue!" my mom says.

I flinch at her sudden outvurst. "What?"

"You know we don't eat before everypony gets here. It's rude."

"Ugh, fine." what's rude is making everypony wait like this. Just then, Dark comes out of the hall looking satisfied. "Well, it's about time you decided to join us."

"Sorry, but I had to take this huge dump." he says.

"Oh, that's just a lovely thing to say before we eat. Thank you."

"No problem."

Haily and Dash just exchange somewhat worried expressions, each of them concerned things might start getting heated. They definitely should be. If it wasn't for my mom, I already would've broke Dark's windpipe.

Dark takes a seat as I make another grab for me sandwich. It's about ti-

"Ah ah ah." Raindrop says. "Blue, you know we always say a prayer before eating."

I slouch in my seat at that. Yeah, my mom likes to pray before every meal. It's pretty stupid if you ask me. Celestia and Luna have already proven a long time ago to be useless outside of moving the sun and moon.

We all put our hooves together as we close our eyes and si lently pray. I open one eye to see Dark take a bite of his sandwich. *mental sigh*

We finish the prayer and take our sandwiches as we begin chowing down.

"So, Blue?" my mom says.

"What?" I say through a mouth full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, dear."

I swallow my bite of sandwich. "Okay, what?"

"Tell us about what you've been up to since you moved out."

"Yeah, how did you and Dash hook up?" my dad asks.

You can basically think of this as somewhat of a story recap.

Dash and I smile as we look at each other. "Well, I asked her out last Hearts and Hooves Day and asked her to be my marefriend. She said yes and we've been going out ever since."

"That's my boy!"

"Oh, that's wonderful."

"And expensive."

Dark pretends to gag from the storyu, but I just ignore him.

"What else has been going on?" dad asks me.

"Well you've probably read about Ice."

"Yeah, how'd you meet him?"

"Found him one night at the forest. Celestia asked me to train him to control his powers and I did. I helped him get a job and he's been living with me ever since."

"Woah, that's so cool." Haily says.

"Yeah, Ice is pretty 'cool'." I joke.

We all share a laugh at Ice's expense.

"I also met a pony named Vinetion while in the forest. She's pretty cool too."

"So, how are Zephyr and Drax doing? We heard you took them in and got them jobs."

"Yeah, I did. It's been hectic having four guys live in one house."

"Gay." Dark says.

I glare at him before continuing. "But it's been fun. Though Zeph may be moving out soon after winning all that money in Las Pegasus."

"Money?" my mom questions.

"Yeah, he won the jackpot while betting. He's rich."

"How about starting from the beginning. That Las pegasus story has been all over the news." dad says.

"Alright. Well, after getting out of the hospital from that whole Everfree Forest incident-"

"Hospital?!" my mom shouts worriedly.

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine, mom."

"Oh, good." she exhales in relief.

"Anyway, after that we decided to go to Las Pegasus. The couples basically went off on their own. Dash and I had fun."

"What kind of fun?" dad asks me knowingly.

"Sexy time."

"Blue!" mom shouts at me.

"Oh, come on! I'm twenty years old!"

"Fine, but I don't want to hear about it."

"Fine. Anyway, the others didn't have it quite so easy. Zeph stayed out the entire night, Drax got taken hostage at a fight club, our friends Vinetion and Fleur got turned into stallions and mistaken for strip club owners, and Ice and smart one here got arrested." I say, pointing towards Dark at the end.

"You making fun of me?" he says angrily, getting up.

"Maybe I am." I answer also getting up.

We both get into each oher's face and growl. "Let me handle this." Thunderclud says, getting up and going towards us. He grabs each of our heads and slams them together. "There. Now, are you two going to behave?"

"Yes." we both answer, rubbing our heads.

"Good, then continue."

"We found Zeph, Vine, and Fleur a day later. Vine and Fleur had decided to take in a bartender named Fern. We used Zeph's money to get Dark and Ice ou he next day, but they weren't around. Fern had helped us find Drax, who also happened to be at where Dark and Ice were. So we freed them, fought off all the guys there, and then partied it up on our last night."

"Wow. Definitely sounds like it was a hay of a vacation." dad says.

"Yeah, it really was." I say sarcastically, looking at Dark.

He just gives me a 'you mad, bro?' face in response.

"Just one thing." mom says.

"What?"

"How did you and Dark meet?"

This is the part I was dreading. My dad is a former Royal Guard member. How would he feel of us being friends with an ex-criminal?

I sigh as I begin to answer. "One night while I was out in the forest, I ran into Dark. When we first met... he wanted to kill me for fun."

Everypony but Dark and Dash look dumbfounded by my answer. They never thought Dark would be so vicious.

"We got into a fight, me winning in the end."

"I still want a rematch." Dark says.

He's not helping. "Princess Celestia decided to have Dark stay with our friend Twilight. Apparently they're going out now."

"Yep." Dark says.

"While Dark may not have started off so good, he has helped us out a few times. And I do appreciate that."

My parents just sit shocked by the story I just told. "So... you tried to murder Blue? For fun?!" my mom asks in shock.

Dark just slowly nods.

"Wait, Dark Lightning!" my dad says. "I recognize that name. You were a fugitive of the Guard for fifteen years."

"Yeah, what of it?"

"What of it?! How could Celestia let you go like that?!"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?! She is supposed to be our all knowing ruler after all!"

"Hey, don't talk to my parents like that!" I say.

Dark turns to me. "And what are you gonna do to stop me, blue boy?!"

"How about I show you?!" I get right up in his face. "I need to let go of some of my pent up rage from you following us in the first place!"

"Enough!" my mom shouts, silencing us. "I will not allow fighting in this house!"

"Oh buck this!" I shout, slamming hoof on the table. I walk away from the table and out the front door, away from everypony else.

Everypony else just sits in silence for a moment. "Listen, Dark..." Thundercloud says, breaking the silence. "Sorry I snapped at you."

Dark sighs. "No, it's all right. I probably would've done the same."

"What about Blue?" Dash asks.

"I think he just needs time to himself. He likes to be alone when he's upset." Haily says. "Just give him some time."

Dash looks down as she thinks it over. "If you say so. I've just never seen him like this."

PreviousChapters Next