• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,124 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,124

PreviousChapters Next
Enter Ice

I had hurriedly gathered up the other girls and brought them back to Fluttershy's. They weren't too happy about being brought out this late, but they came nonetheless.

"So, why did you bring us all down here, Blue?" Twilight asks.

"And at such a late hour? Some of us do need to get our beauty sleep." complains Rarity, puffing up her mane.

Geez, Rarity can be prissy, even during something serious like this. We were all following Fluttershy up to her second floor. "Is this it, Fluttershy?" I ask, pointing to the door where I assume she put the unconscious colt.

"Yes, but do be quiet."

"Alright. This is what I brought you all here for." I open the door to reveal the colt, sleeping in a bed.

Everypony gasps at the site, noticing some cuts and a bump on his head. "Who is that?!" Dash asks worriedly.

"You know how I was going to the Everfree Forest tonight?" I ask them. They all nod in response. "Well, I found him while I was out there, but he wasn't like this when I first found him."

"Then, what happened for him to get this beat up?"

"The thing is, when I found him, he was fighting a manticore."

"What?!" they all shout in confusion.

"Yeah, and the weirdest part is that I saw him stomp his hooves and create a wall of ice."

"Are you seious?" Twilight asks.

"Yes. Similar to my wind powers, this guy has ice powers."

"Well, what's with the horns on his head? Ah ain't ever seen anypony, especially an earth pony, with horns like that." Applejack says.

"Yeah, they look like itty, bitty party hats." Pinkie says excitedly. Even in the middle of the night, during a serious situation, Pinkie is as hyper as ever.

"Pinkie, not now." I order. "As for the horns, I have no idea. Twilight, have you ever read of anything like this?"

"No, nothing. I haven't even seen anything like this in books, and I've read every book in the library at least three times."

EVERY book? THREE times? Wow.

"So, what are we gonna do with him?" Dash asks.

I put a hoof to my chin and start thinking. I have one idea, but it's risky. "Fluttershy, is he badly hurt?"

"No, just some cuts and a large bump on his head."

I guess I have no choice. "Then, I guess I'll let him stay with me until we can figure something out."

Everypony looks at me in surprise. "What?! You don't even know if this guy is safe or not! He could kill you!" Dash yells.

"Him? Kill me? Somepony doesn't have a lot of faith in me."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt." Dash says in almost a whisper.

"I think I have an idea." Twilight announces.

"What?" everypony asks.

"I'll send a letter to Princess Celestia and see if she has any ideas."

"Wait, how do you know the princess?" I ask. How are there still things this important that I'm just finding out about is the better question.

"Princess Celestia chose me to be her personal student back when I was just a filly."

I look up and shake my head. "I know I should be surprised, but I'm not. But why do you need to send the princess a letter?"

"I just want to do it to make sure he's safe."

"That sounds good." I say happily.

"Ugh, my head. What happened?" groggily says a voice from behind us. Turns out all of our talking had woken up the colt. He looks around the room in confusion. "Where am I?"

"That manticore knocked you out." I begin to explain. "I got rid of it and brought you here to get you some help."

"Oh, well, thanks."

"No problem. I'm Blue Breeze." I begin to introduce myself and the girls. "This is my marefriend, Rainbow Dash."

"Sup?" Dash says

"This is Twilight Sparkle."

"Nice to meet you." Twilight says with a smile.

"This is Rarity."

"A pleasure to meet your aquintance." Rarity says.

"This is Applejack."

"Howdy." Applejack greets.

"This is Fluttershy. She's the one who fixed you up, and this is her house."

"Oh, um, hello." Fluttershy says meekly.

"And I'm Pinkie Pie." Pinkie Pie says, getting in the colt's face and freaking him out.

"Yes, thank you, Pinkie."

"No problem."

"So, what's your name?" I ask the colt. Getting a better look at him, he looked to be a little younger and shorter than me.

"Um, it's Ice." he says nervously. Clever. "So, what are you gonna do with me?"

"Well, we decided that you can stay with me in my house until we can figure out something else."

His eyes widen. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Just believe me when I say you'd be better off leaving me out of your lives."

I put on a determined face. "No way, man. I'm not the kind of pony to just leave someone hanging. I insist on you staying with me."

He sighs. "Fine, but I warned you."

I'm still curious as to what he means. After that, we all make our way outside and say our good byes.

Before leaving, Dash comes close and whispers to me. "Are you sure about this, Blue? I don't trust this guy."

"But you trust me, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"Then you gotta trust me with this."

Dash looks down and then back to me. "Okay, I trust you."

Dash and I share a quick kiss before she takes off back to her house. "Okay, Ice. Ready to go?" I ask him.

"I guess." he responds

We eventually reach my house and head inside. We get upstairs and stop. I point to a door. "You can stay in the guest room. My room will be right down the hall. Bathroom's right inbetween them."

"Alright. Good night, I guess."

"Good night." we each head into our designated rooms.

I hope Dash's suspicions about Ice are wrong.

Author's Note: Here's the next chapter, everyone. Ice, if you ever think I write you out of character, just tell me and I'll try to fix it the best I can.

PreviousChapters Next