• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,127 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,127

PreviousChapters Next
Familiar Faces

As I walk through the streets of Cloudsdale, I have probably the biggest scowl I've ever had on my face. Literally all I could think of was my rage at Dark. He's always caused us problems, but I had finally had enough of it all.

'That son of a mare is lucky I didn't send him through a wall back there. Hay, he's lucky I didn't kill him at the end of our first fight.' I think to myself. 'Trying to kill me, my friends, and worst of all, innocent ponies. And even after living with Twilight for a bit and hooking up with her, he's still a humongous flankhole. Why did I ever listen to Celestia about letting him stay? He's caused nothing but trouble since he showed up. I oughtta just put him out of all of our miseries.'

I contniue walking for a bit longer, ignoring basically everything. I get tired of walking and go sit down on a lone crowd, my hindlegs swaying over the edge. I exhale as I try to callm myself down.

'I'm getting too worked up. I really shouldn't be getting so upset. In general I've been getting too worked up these days. Dark may have followed us, but he hasn't caused any damage yet. I really should just let it go and try 'making the best of it'.'

I lay back as I try to calm down some more and start watching the clouds. I'll admit, clouds being stationary on their own is pretty boring to look at. Wait, I see something moving towards me in a strange pattern.

"May day! May day!" the object is a pony flying and losing control, heading right for me. Wait, that pony looks familiar. "Blue Breeze?!" the pony shouts, noticing me.

My eyes widen as I realize who the pony is. "Zoom?!"

"Look out!" he shouts as I duck under him. He crashes down and gets stuck in a cloud with his hindlegs hanging out.

I grab hold of his legs and start pulling. "Don't worry, buddy. I got you."

I give a strong pull that frees him and throws him over me, but neither of us are hurt.

I get up from having fallen over and look at my pale yellow pegasus friend with an orange mane, red tail, green vest, blue legbands, watch, glasses, and scroll cutie mark.

"You okay there, Zoom?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. You know I've had a lot worse." he answers, dusting himself off.

"Your lazy eye get you again?"

"Yeah, seems to always get me at the worst times."

We share a bit of a laugh together. "Well, anyway, good to see you again, dude."

"Yeah, same with you. I thought I saw you, so I rushed over. What brings you back to Cloudsdale?"

"Came here with my marefriend and a friend to visit my family. You know, keepin' busy."

"I'll say. You and all your friends are the talk of the town right now. Everypony is so thrilled to have such well known pegasi come from here."

"Well, I don't know about well known. We were just trying to help."

"I hear ya. Anyway, how are Zephyr and Drax doing?"

"Driving me crazy like always."

"Yeah, that sounds about right. Seems like crazy just follows where ever you go, huh?"

"You know it."

We share another laugh as Zoom gets an idea in his head. "Hey, I was just about to go meet SeaBreeze and Purple Blaze for lunch at the Cloudsdale Cafe. You wanna come with?"

"Breeze and Blaze? Buck yeah, I wanna go!"

"Sweet. I'm sure they'll love to see you. It'll just be like old times."

"So, crazy?"

"Probably."

"Meh, I'm used to it now."

"Haha, glad to hear it. Now let's get going. I'm already running late from the crash."

"Alright, lead the way."

We talk off from the small cloud and I start following him as he leads the way to his meet up spot with SeaBreeze and Purple Blaze. For the record, SeaBreeze and I aren't related. Kinda weird when we first met.

We fly for a bit before Zoom looks down and sees them. "I think I see them!" he announces.

"You sure? You're eye's not playing tricks on you, is it?" I jokingly ask.

"Oh, haha. Very funny."

We descend as Breeze and Blaze stop their conversation. They look over to us and stare at me in silence. "Hey, guys. Look who I found." Zoom says.

"Sup, guys?" I say.

"Blue!" they each shout

Breeze, a brown pegasus with a red and blue mane and tail and a cutie mark of a golden snitch, comes over to me and brohoofs me.

Then Blaze, a purple pegasus with a blonde mane and tail and a purple comet cutie mark, comes over and does the same.

"It's great to see you guys again." I say.

"You too, Blue." Breeze says.

"Yeah, it's been pretty boring since you left." Blaze says. He characteristically pulls out a pie from nowhere. "How's about one of these for old time's sake?"

He throws the pie in my face, making a big splatter. As the tin falls off of my face, I blink before bursting out into laughter.

"Wait, you're not mad?" he asks in confusion.

"Normally I would be, but getting a pie from you and seeing you guys again is bringing back too many good memories for me to be mad. Besides, I was still hungry anyways." I take out my tongue and lick off all the pie from my face. "Mmm, banana cream. Good choice."

"Woah, how'd you do that?" Zoom asks.

"My friend Pinkie Pie taught me how to do that."

"Wow. That's pretty cool." Breeze says.

"Yeah, it is. So, while we're all here, how's about some hanging out?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Sure."

"I'm cool with that."

We all take some seats around a nearby table. "So, you never said why you're here, Blue." Breeze points out.

"Eh, Haily invited me and my marefriend to visit. We'll be staying a few more days."

"That's cool." Blaze says. "Man, with all those stories we've read, it definitely seems like you could use a break."

"Heh, you're telling me. So, how are all the others doing?"

"We haven't heard from most of them in a while. Steel is still working at the school, and Book Worm and Comedic Arts are are busy trying to start up their own business." Zoom says.

"Ha! Those two starting their own business? I'm sure they're having loads of fun. So, why is it I didn't see you guys at the reunion?"

"I was too scared about running into Charge." Zoom says.

"I was playing at a gig." Blaze says.

"Meh, didn't really feel like going." Breeze says.

"Okay, fair enough."

We all just sit there in an awkward silence, not really sure of what to say next. You'd think after not seeing each other for so long we'd have more to say.

"Sooo, now what?" Zoom asks.

I snap(yes, it's possible in Equestria) my hoof as I get an idea. "How about heading to the old arcade? It's been forever since I got to play any video games." they all look at each other and nod before nodding at me in a group. "Alright, then let's get a move on.

Skipping ahead of pointless flying scene

We land outside the old Cloud Gaming(oh the puns) arcade, ready to go in. Ah, the memories I have of this place. The playing of games, the raging at losing of games, the countless quarters I've wasted. Good times.

We step inside and see tons of flashing lights from the many cabinets and hear the loud buttons and joysticks being used. Ah, I feel like a kid again. Well, when you think about it, I am kinda just like a kid in a stallion's body already.

"So, what do you guys wanna do first?" Zoom asks.

I look around the room in search of something in particular. I beam as I notice it and run over to it. Prance Prance Revolution! Buck yes!

"Oh, I've missed you." I say as I rub the machine. I turn back at the group. "Any of you ladies wanna challenge me to a dance off?"

That sounds weird outloud.

Blaze steps forward. "Yeah, bring it on."

"Somepony is eager to lose."

"That's because I'm not losing."

"Heh, we'll see about that."

We each take a spot and I insert fifty cents into the machine. I get the honor of selecting the song myself.

(Hatsune Miku - Po Pi Po)

The cartoony intro plays for a moment before the title drops. After the title disappears, the flashing arrows start appearing on the screen and Miku starts that irresistibly catchy tune of hers. Blaze and I each start matching the arrows in perfect rhythym, neither of us missing a beat.

"Go, Blaze!" Breeze says from the sidelines.

"Go, Blue!" Zoom says, rooting on the opposite, and bound to win, team.

As we continue to go and go, we start attracting a crowd around us. Ponies on opposite sides each cheering for the pony on their side.

Just then, Dark and Dash walk in and stop as they see me. Out of curiousity, they go see what's up.

Blaze and I go faster and faster, matching the increasing pace of the arrows. Pretty soon, we go so fast that the machine starts smoking. Eventually, the machine blows a fuse and ends our game.

The crowd aws in disappointment.

Blaze and I turn to each oher and shake hooves. "Good game." I say.

"You too. Definitely seems like you haven't lost your touch."

"Wow. That was so awesome, Blue!" Dash shouts, flying above us.

"Oh, hey, Dash." I say. I look down and see Dark. "Oh, hey."

"Hey." he says. "Look, sorry about earlier, I-"

"Nah, it's cool. Let's just put it behind us."

"Really?" he asks, smiling and raising an eyebrow. "So, you don't want me to leave?"

"Nah, you can stay in the guest room. Just make sure to tone it down, will ya?"

He taps a hoof to his chin. "Nah."

"Hehe, yeah, I was expecting that. So, how'd you guys find me?"

"Haily said you always came here when you were younger, so we thought we'd check it out." Dash says. "So, who are your friends?"

"Oh, yeah. These ae my friends Zoom, Purple Blaze, and SeaBreeze." I say, pointing to each one. "And guys, this is Dark Lightning and my marefriend, Rainbow Dash."

"Woah, you got THAT as your marefriend?" Breeze asks in surprise.

"Yep."

"Good going, bro." Blaze says.

"Agreed." Zoom says.

"Well, it's been fun, but I think I'll be going. See you guys later." I say, exiting with Dash and Dark.

Later that night

Thundercloud lays in bed as he waits for Raindrop to join him.

"Oh, it's so wonderful that Blue and Dark made up." she says, about to get in bed.

"Yeah, Blue actually had me worried. He looked ready to rip Dark to shreds, and Dark the same to Blue." Thundercloud says.

Raindrop stops as she hears a strange noise coming from the other room. Sort of like a squeaking noise. "What in the world is that?"

"Probably nothing. I say leave it alone."

"Well, I'm going to check it out anyway."

She exits the room and goes into the hallway. She stops infront of my room, hearing the noise from there. She opens the door and gives out a small scream.

Dash and I stop and look at her, me on top of Dash under the blanket. "Mom! Geez, haven't you heard of knocking?!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she screams back. All thre blue pegasi now have a bright red blush on their face. Raindrop hurries out of the room and goes back to her room with a blank stare as she gets into bed.

"Found Blue and Dash, uh-"

"Yes." she says, cutting off Thundercloud.

He shakes his head and chuckles. "Hehe, I told you to just ignore it."

Author's Note: Zoom and Purple Blaze belong to their owners of the same name. SeaBreeze comes from superfunnelc. For anyone who caught what SeaBreeze's cutie mark is, yes, it's exactly what you think it means. But that will have to wait until it happens in 'Those Awkward Teen Years'. Same goes for the other characters I mentioned.

PreviousChapters Next