• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,122 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,122

PreviousChapters Next
Cutie Mark Tales

Author's Note: Finally, after nearly one hundred chapters, all of our OC's are getting their cutie mark stories revealed. I know one's such as Blue, Ice, and Dark have already been over, but whatever. The stories are just going to be simply told by the characters and not in exact details, as not every bit of info. is really important. All the cutie mark stories are from their creators. Well, except for Drax's, but I have permission on that. Now, on with the story.

Believe it or not, things have been pretty quiet here recently. No evil monsters, no trolling from Dark or Vine, no big explosions, not much of interest at all. The biggest thing is probably how Lyall and Winona started going out. How they're smart enough to actually go on real, unsupervised dates, I've got no freakin' clue. I also have no idea when they started going out. And like I said before, they better control themselves. I am NOT gonna be responsible for a litter of puppies.

Anyway, out off in Ponyville, a group of three rambuncious fillies are feeling bored from just how quiet things have been lately.

Apple Bloom scuffs at the ground. "Anypony got any ideas on how to our cutie marks today?" she asks her friends.

Scootaloo rubs her chin as se thinks. There's a faint 'DING!' as she thinks of something. "I've got it! Either of you two know where we can get some bungee cords?"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle look at each other worriedly. "Sounds fun, Scootaloo. But I think I have a better and SAFER idea." Sweetie Belle says.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, why not we ask Blue and all of his friends how they got their cutie marks. They might have some good ideas."

"But don't a lot of 'em have those crazy powers?" Apple Bloom says.

"Hmm, I say we do it! Even if some of their stories are impossible for us, the least we can do is try." Scootaloo says.

Without even being able to object, Scootaloo out the others in the wagon attached to her scooter and zipped off to go gather us all up.

This should be good.

With all of us at home, the crusaders were able to get me, Ice, Zephyr, and Drax all at once. They took us over to the town sqaure and told us to wait, but wouldn't say why. Curiosity getting the better of us, we complied and stayed in place.

After a bit, our group grew larger with Rhino, Vine, Dark, Orion, and even Fern joining us.

All of us exchanged confused mutters before Scootaloo whistled for our attention. "Mares and gentlecolts-"

"And whatever Dark is." I say.

'As I was saying, we've gathered you all here for a matter of great importance."

"And that would be?" Vine asks.

All crusaders stand next to each other and put on puppy dog eyes. "Can you tell us how you got your cutie marks?"

All of us look at each other before turning back to them. "Is that all? Sure, ask away." I say.

"Okay, then you go first." Scootaloo says.

"Okay. So, back when I was a little older than you three, I dreeamed to be the first pony to discover the mystery behind the Everfree Forest's weather."

"Which you still have yet to do." Dark says in a troll voice.

I just ignore him. "So, one night, I snuck out to the forest. I was there for a while without much happening, that is until I was attacked by a group of manticores. BEfore they could kill me though, I felt a surge of energy that gave me my wind powers, and that allowed me to beat them and lwave with my life."

"Wow." all three say.

"That's awesome, Blue!" Scootaloo says.

"Yes, well, I try." I joke.

"How's about you, Ice." Apple Bloom says.

He sighs at having to retell his horrible past. "It was just an ordinary day at home, and my father was just coming home from work. My mother felt I was extremely cold and I should go to the doctor's. I fought with her about it, and then my powers actually turned my parents into statues that crumbled before my very eyes. I ran away and lived on my own for a while after that."

Feeling his sadness, the crusaders decided to move on. "What about you, Dark?"

He sighs just as Ice did. "I was left in the care of an adoptive family when I was young. One night, I break something and my dad goes off on me as always. I get fed up and accidentally zap him and kill him. Adter that, I ran to live in the forest for many years. I may be a jerk, but kniw what I did was an accident. I'm no murderer."

There's an awkward silence before they decide to move on once again. "Zephyr?"

"Mine's a bit more normal, so you girls should be able to relate. Ahem. I always had bully troubles inschool, even before I met Blue. One day, this huge group of bullies went after me and chased me all around. I was able to evade most of them, that is until one took me into the Everfree. Inside there we were faced by a manticore. I don't remember ever having such pain while trying fly away from thst thing. I was luckily able to escape from the manticore and get away."

"Wow. That's cool. Too bad none of us can fly." Scootaloo says.

"Aw, I'm sure your wings will grow in eventually. Just give it time."

She smiles at him. "Thanks."

"Okay, what about you, Vine?" Sweetie Belle asks.

She clears her throat, as if giving a speech. "When I was younger, I lived in a village full of ponies similar to me. When I was thirteen, I still didn't have a cutie mark, making me the oldest in my village's history to not get one. I ran away because of this, into a forest. I lived in there for about four months before I found this gargantuan tree, as big as a building. I started to hum a song, and flowers appeared around me. As I became louder, more and more popped up, even tually creating a huge grove of them. Seeing this, I went back home and found I had a cutie mark."

"Wow. That's like something out of an old pony tale." Sweetie Belle says.

"I think it sounds cheesy." Scootaloo says. "Rhino, you're next."

"Sure. When I was ten and in Canterlot, I saw a bright flash come from behind a building. I went over to inspect it and saw a bunch of ponies drawing circles with runes on the ground. All the unicorns there touched their horns together and created some kind of mirror. I heard the ponies saying that they were trying to create a portal that would take them to another city, but that didn't work too well. Still curious on it, I went home and grabbed an old spell book. I went on to try and recreate a simpler version of the spell they did. I showed it to my mom, and I actually teleported because of it. After that my cutie mark appeared and we were so happy about it."

Scootaloo taps her chin. "Pretty cool. Okay, how's about you, Drax? I'm sure a big, strong, and tough guy like you has an awesome story."

He chuckles a bit. "Well, yeah. Just like Zeph, I also had bully problems before high school. One day, a group of bullies jumped me and took me down to the forest. They threw me inside a small cave and blocked the entrance off with s boulder. I literally sat there for hours, that is until a hhroup of lupine showed up on me. I started panicing and pushing the boulder. At first it didn't do much, but seeing the lupine get closer, I pushed harder and harder and moved the boulder just enough so I could escape the cave and fly away."

"Ha, I knew it'd be awesome!" Scootaloo cheers.

"Alright, you're next, Fern."

"Sure, okay." she says. "Las Pegasus was my first bartending gig, my first was actually when I was younger and in Canterlot. I was on the streets, so any job would do. I got this one job serving drinks, which led to me always get lude remarks from customers, and even worse, slaps on my flank." the crusaders flinch a bit. "Yeah, it sucked. Anyway, one day I asked to get a job making drinks instead of serving them. During an arguement with my boss, he pointed out my cutie mark, which I didn't even know I had. I won the arguement and started making the drinks after that."

"Yeah... I hope getting my cutie mark is a lot more present than that." Scootaloo says.

"Agreed." the others say.

"Okay, last up, Orion."

He steps up. "When I was younger, my mother started giving me flying lessons, and it was really great. But one day, my wings cramped up and I landed outside an ursa cave in the Everfree Forest."

"The forest again?" Scootaloo questions.

He shrugs. "Anyway, a baby ursa saw me, and I guess he thought I looked appetizing. I started running, and desperately tried flying. Eventually, I did start flying, ignoring the pain in my wings. I roundedback to the ursa, ready to fight. As I flew at it, a start trail formed behind me and gave me a boost that let me hit the ursa hard between the eyes. After escaping, I noticed this baby on my flank." he turns to them, showing off his cutie mark.

"Those were all great stories, but they don't really help us with gettin' our cutie marks." Apple Bloom says, a bit depressed.

"You girls shoulsn't feel too discouraged, we're all just kind of special cases. If you want to find your cutie marks, you should try expanding your reaches and go out a bit further like we did." I say.

"Hey, that gives me an idea." Scootaloo says.

"Oh?" I raise an eyebrow.

Scootaloo looks at her two friends. "You guys thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"Mmhmm." they say, nodding.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER CAVE EXPLORERS! YAY!" they all shout before darting off.

We all look at each other and just sigh. "Kids."

We then go after them to make sure they don't get thmselves killed, because if they did, then we'd be the ones who are dead meat.

PreviousChapters Next