• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,124 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,124

PreviousChapters Next
Tragic Misunderstanding

Author's Note: I'll say it once, and I'll say it again. Huge thank you to Rhino for the new story cover image. And big thanks to Eclipse160 for the recent fanart. Really gives me the warm fuzzies when I see people do this kinda stuff. Now, on with the story.

Dark leads infront of us as we walk through the factory after he just blew the storm room. He now has a satisfied look to himself and even a bit of a spring in his step. I just glare at him as I walk with Dash and Haily.

"Boy, I tell ya. I'm glad I et you talk me into coming here, Blue. I'm having loads of fun." he says smugly.

Okay, that's it. I grab Dark by the scruff of his collar and force him against a wall.

"Hey, what the buck, dude?"

I start furiously shaking him against the wall. "Motherbucker, I told you to behave yourself!" I yell at him.

"Your fault for believing me." he gives me a smug face.

"You're dead!" I charge up a Hurricane Hoof as I get ready to break his face. He panics and grabs his hardhat like a shield. My hoof connects with the hat, but instead of breaking the hat, I start jittering as my hoof shaks from hitting the hat.

Dark looks at his hat and smiles. "Heh, I guess these things really are protective."

I rub my hoof as it throbs in pain. "Geez, it feels like I hit a block of iron."

"Well, serves you right."

"Whatever. It's time to go to my favorite room: the wind room."

"Oh goody gumdrops." he says in an over-the-top, happy voice.

"Being the smart flank is my thing, douche."

"I know *troll face*."

I'm going to kill him.

We start making our way down to the wind room, one of the more important rooms as wind is all year round unlike everything else which is mostly either seasonal or done on ocassion.

As we arrive, we see ponies working on several different tasks from trying different tornado techniques or testing ponies' wind power. While I myself can do this stuff on my own, it usually requires hard work from dozens of ponies.

Taking a step inside the room, the wind starts blowing our mabnes all over the place. THis is why I'm glad to have such a short mane. The room is also very loud with the sounds of wind.

"So, what exactly do ponies do here?" Dark shouts.

"The practice tornado techniques for when ponies have to make tornadoes big enough to get water up here for clouds. The others test wind power for different kinds of wind for different towns." I shout in reply. "Here, let's get a closer look."

We walk over to where ponies can test their wind power. Wind power is different from wing power, where as wing power judges wing strength, and wind power judges how strong the wind you can create is.

"Allow me to demonstrate." I say. This should be good.

I fly up a bit off the ground as I prepare the real ahow. I start flapping my wings furiously, performing my Blue Typhoon. The others in the room start struggling to stand as my winds increase in strength. Haily and Dash grab onto some railing, while Dark isn't so lucky. My winds send him flying and get him sucked up in a tornado. He goes spinning through the tornado before being tosed out and thrown into a wall.

I descend as I finish my test and look over at a scorekeeper. "How was that?"

"Twenty wind power. No surprise coming from you, Blue Breeze." he says.

"Only twenty? Dang it. I probably could've gotten twenty two if I weren't wearing this uniform." I complain. "Oh well. Still ain't bad though. Now, where's Dark."

I look over to see him stuck to a wall. He groans as he slides off of it. "I hate wind."

"Oh, there you are, Dark. Come on, next is the rainbow room."

"All right! It's about time." Dash says in excitement. She really is obssessed with those things, but I'm one to talk about being obssessed.

Dark shakes off his dizzy as we go over to, while it is the prettiest, probably the least important room in the factory: the rainbow room. Getting to the room, you can see fountains of liquid rainbows pouring into huge vats to be stored and used for later.

"So, how are these rainbows made anyway? I heard a rumor they kill ponies and take their colors to make 'em." Dark says.

"What?! No! They simply use a process called pigmenting to take the color out of normal objects and use a spell to seperate the individual colors of the rainbow."

"Well, that's not nearly as fun."

"What is wrong with you?"

"What?"

"You say killing ponies to take their colors is fun!"

"Buck yeah, dude! It sounds awesome."

"You know, you never cease to amaze me. Why does Twilight put up with you?"

"Because I'm a stud."

"Well, you're definitely a stud in my side."

Haily and Dash just sigh as we continue to bicker. "Hey, Dash?" Haily says.

"What's up?"

"What do you say we just leave this two for a bit and you and I go check out the hail room?"

"Sure, I'm up for that."

The two of them leave as Dark and I just go on arguing. I gotta say, this is probably the longest verbal argument I've ever been in.

"Why do insist on acting like this?" I say.

"Because it's so much fun to piss you off."

"I still don't know why Celestia decided to let you go."

"It's because I have such a cute face."

"Oh yeah, cute. Red and black, the colors of darkness and bllod. That's real cute."

"Better than having the color of piss for my mane and tail."

Oh no he didn't. "Son of a... I'm gonna ram my hoof up your a-"

"Well well well, if it ain't ol' Bluey." a feminine voice says, interrupting me.

I turn around to see the last thing I was expecting: one of my old school bullies, Summer Dawn. Well, more of an annoyance who always got us in trouble rather than a bully, but my point still stands.

The yellow pegasus mare with a red and gold mane and tail walks up to us with a sly grin. "Long time no see, Bluey."

"Ugh, What do you want, Summer?" I say in annoyance.

"Aw, can't an old school friend say hi? And I wanted to meet your friend here."

I sigh. "Summer Dawn, Dark Lightning."

"Dark Lightning?" she says.

"Yeah. What of it?" he says.

"Aren't you the guy who killed his adoptive dad and ran away?"

"Yes."

"Ha! I can't believe Blue made friends with a guy like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, Blue, while a wimp, is a pretty good guy. You're just a flankhole. Annd Blue is at least tough. You don't look all that tough to me."

"Don't look tough?! I'm the toughest guy around!"

"Really? Then prove it.'

"Okay, you choose how."

Summer gets a sly look as she looks at the rainbow bath. "Go drink some the rainbows over there."

"Drink rainbows? No problem." Dark says with confidence. He goes by a the rainbows to take a drink.

"Summer..." I say.

"Don't worry. This'll be good." she says.

Dark dips a hoof in the rainbows and licks it. He smacks his lips before his face turns a bunch of different colors. "SPICY!"

He runs by me and pushes me over, making me land on top of Summer. "Oh, Blue. I didn't know you were interested."

"Wha-"

She stops me as she forcibly pulls me into a kiss. Help! Rape!

As I'm being forced to kiss, Dash and Haily walk back in and gasp. "BLUE?!" Dash shouts.

Summer stops as she realizes what's going on. 'Oh, he just came on to me! I couldn't stop him! He was an anima!" she says.

I get up from on top of her. "Dash, it's not what you think!"

"Stow it! I thought you really liked me, but now I see your just like all the other jerks! I never want to see you again!" she shouts. She takes a hoof and slaps me across the face before running off with tears down her face.

I feel tears of my own stream down my face as I rub where she smacked me.

I just stand there as I feel my heart breaking.

Blue..." Haily says, putting a hoof on my sholder.

I ignore her as I take off after Dash. She follows behind me.

Summer just stands there and laughs to herself. "That was great!"

"Great?" Dark says to her. "I saw the whole thing. You feel good about yourself?"

"I sure do!"

Dark just shakes his head. "I may have done bad, but that was an accident. You... you're just a monster." Dark trots away from Summer, leaving her to herself.

I only hope now I can make this right.

Author's Note: Summer Dawn comes from Dark Lightning. Go figure. The male character he gives is a dick and the female one he gives is a bitch. But after over sixty chapters of being together, Blue and Dash are finally hitting a bump in the road. Ironic that Eclipse 160 just made this image yesterday(ignore Blue's height).

PreviousChapters Next