• Published 27th Dec 2012
  • 7,383 Views, 391 Comments

No Room For Regret - archonix



Star Sparkle. Accomplished author, diplomat, historian and mother to one of the most famous mares in Equestrian history. She has no regrets, but she does have a problem: she ran out of gin last night. And her daughter is marrying an ape.

Comments ( 20 )

Stop time traveling Archonix!

9626574
my god i have to warn the world about megahitler!

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

9626695
I can't not hear Star as Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development.

... it is a surprise to see an update.

Took a year, but i'm glad we get another chapter for this story. I really missed your updates, thanks for your work!

Okay real talk, this story is interesting sometimes, we get that star is a shity mom... what is interesting is her interactions with her kids and their relationships everything else I literally do not care about. I get it backstory, but it's backstory that no one asked for.

I just realized that discrepancy with the last chapter I read was from 2014. From that chapter it's been updated 5 times in the last... 5 years I literally don't have anything to say about that...

9626996
I pinkie promised. I can't rest until I've written the entire thing. :pinkiecrazy:

9626817
Pretty much! Or Malory Archer. Yes I know they're the same person. Shush.

9626695
I don't have specific actors in mind for most, but Lucent would be vaguely upper-class British, Glint is probably mid-atlantic, most of the girls are some sort of American. Crincile (pronounced crin-cheel since someone mentioned it) sounds a bit like Naomie Harris putting on a bit of stereotyped eastern european accent.

9626993
To be sure, but a pleasant one?

9628155
well, if you're going to twist my arms...

9628151

Crincile (pronounced crin-cheel since someone mentioned it)

All this time I thought it was pronounced Crink-ill :rainbowlaugh: though now that I actually read it correctly, makes so much more sense as crin-cheel lol

Crincile is from a people with a different religion?

... Okay, it might be weird I'm focussing on that, but it stuck out to me.

the clatter of falling rockery

crockery

Lucent abruptly rose from his seat and stride

strode

I found two typos so I get two of you.

You know, when you said you "had something in the works", I was looking forward to eventually seeing another chapter of this wonderful tale. Imagine my surprise when just a few days later this appeared. Thank you for your dedication. I look forward to reading the next chapter in a year or however long it takes. :twilightsmile:

And I'm pretty sure having you anywhere near my face would count as drinking on duty.

Dang. Just because he's a shieldmage doesn't mean he can't go on the offensive.

I'm not sure what I love more, the solar anticlimax just before things could go full Game of Thrones, or the irony of Sparkle's male relatives assuming she missed all of this.

In any case, wasn't expecting a flashback chapter, but I'm always happy to see more of this story. Thank you for it. Looking forward to more.

I think this might be the last Xenoverse story that still updates. Thank you for that.

She laid a kiss on Glint's shoulder

Forgot the period at the end there.

their cuddling having turned to a a frantic, grunting tussle.

Double a.

the last slivering crescent of the moon slide across the face of the sun

moon slid across

he paused when he opened it and looked around the room.

Capitalize first word.

prone to terrified flight in at the sight of a misplaced cloud

Cut 'in' and have a comma after cloud.
Love the idea of this look into happenings of non main characters while the world appears to be on the verge of doom.

She sat closed her eyes and took a deep breath

Probably cut 'sat'.
The whole questioning of succession reminds me a lot of what Ned Stark had to deal with at the end of GoT season 1.

"Lucent, I need another drink." She sat back and rubbed her eyes."Because I am not remotely drunk enough to be seeing another bloody alicorn."

No typos here. I just love Star's reactions.
Here's hoping we don't have to wait a whole year for the next installment.

9640761

I think this might be the last Xenoverse story that still updates. Thank you for that.

Oof. The legacy.

Thanks for the typos. :pinkiehappy:

9640657
They give as good as they get, these kids.

9631780
I try.

I have the rest sketched out, so in theory it shouldn't be so much of a wait between chapters. In theory.

9629316
She's an odd duck.

Ok the truth is, I work on the assumption that contemporary ponies are mostly agnostic or vaguely worship Celestia in a non-committal sort of way, but that something as existential as the sun disappearing without explanation might make some of them fall back on older beliefs in their panic.

Nice to see this again. Now if only Divided Rainbow would update...

Always happy to see an update!

Login or register to comment