• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,423 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,423

PreviousChapters
We Dared Win

The next morning Scootaloo woke up much later than she thought. She rubbed the sides of her head and cringed. Her head was hurting and she felt dizzy, she put it out of her mind and went downstairs to find her dad. Enfield was in the living room looking through a pile of pictures on the table.

“Morning dad,” Scootaloo said.

“Hey kiddo,” said Enfield, “Do you have any idea what happened last night? All that I can remember is that Pinkie set it up and it was in the hangar.”

Scootaloo had no clue what happened last night, she too had forgotten everything that happened, last night was a complete blur for her. The only thing she could remember was that both Princess Luna and Princess Celestia had showed up. Scootaloo went to Enfield and sat next to him. She looked through the pictures with Enfield.

“Hey dad?” she asked “Where did you get these?”

“I found them in a package on the doorstep,” said Enfield, “I think Pinkie Pie or Twilight sent them.”
The pictures were something new to Enfield, he never had any pictures of him with his parents. He had a few pictures of himself or him being with relatives. The pictures had been taken when he was either with his new friends, while he was making friends, or when he was with his daughter. As he took a picture of him and Scootaloo hugging each other in happiness and affection, Scootaloo snuggled up to her dad and looked up at him.
“Can we get something to eat?” she asked.
“Sure, I’m starving,” Enfield replied.

Scootaloo and Enfield ate while they watched Top Gear. Scootaloo was really happy that Enfield had the entire series in his DVD closet but she really wanted to watch his with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell for old times sake. As Enfield and Scootaloo cleaned up the kitchen, which was coated in a mess of what looked like cake crumbs, there was a knocking on the door. Enfield went over to it, pushed Dart back and opened it. He couldn’t believe who was at his door at almost eleven in the morning.

“Princess Celesta?” he said.

“Hello Brit Enfield,” Celestia said nervously, she kept looking around, shifting her gaze from the road to Enfield.

“Is there a problem Princess?” Enfield asked.

“Yes, there is actually,” Celestia said, “Can you remember what we did last night? Because I don’t remember anything.”

“No point in asking us,” Enfield replied, “We have no clue about anything.”

“How did we forget?” Celestia asked.

“Post Party Amnesia,” replied Enfield, “It’s fairly common during long sustained partying.”
Without any warning Pinkie Pie bounded out of a bush. She was still wearing a party hat and had streamers and dead glow sticks around her neck.

“Hi Enfield and Princess Celestia,” she said cheerily, “Wasn’t that party fun?”

“It would be if we could remember,” said Enfield.

“Oh, you guys have PPA as well?” Pinkie asked sadly, “Everypony else who came to the party has it.”

“It’s okay Pinkie, even if we cannot remember, we still had a good time,” Celestia said comfortingly.

“Usually I know when a party is really good because I forget about it the next day,” Enfield said.
Pinkie cheered up, knowing that the two were telling her that they loved the party.

“Well I guess you’d better check out your hangar,” Pinkie said.

“You should, it’s probably a mess,” Celestia said, “I must be off now, good day to you both.”

Celestia flew away, leaving Enfield and Pinkie Pie standing on the front doorstep. Enfield called Scootaloo and they headed for the hangar to asses the mess that was made last night. The front door was coated in a mix of foam, confetti and streamers. Enfield braced himself for the worst and opened up the door. The entire place had become a dumping ground. Food and trash littered the floor, stale food and drinks sat on the work bench. Worst of all, the Spitfire was covered in muck and streamers.

“Wow, must have been more intense than I remember,” said Enfield.

“But we don’t remember,” said Scootaloo.

“Yeah,” Enfield chuckled, “Good thing I didn’t.”
Enfield went into the hangar and kicked a cup aside. He looked around and huffed.

“It’s going to take all day to clean this,” he said.

“I’ll help,” Pinkie said.
Before Enfield could say another word, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash appeared.

“Hey Pinkie, what happened last night?” Twilight asked.

“The party,” replied Pinkie.

“I don’t remember,” said Rainbow Dash.

“How come nopony remembers?” Pinkie asked.

“Well one thing is for sure,” Enfield interrupted, “I’ve got one massive job now.”

“I can help you, dad,” Scootaloo said.

“I know, but it’ll still take forever,” Enfield replied.

“We can do it for you,” Fluttershy said.

“No, you don’t have to do that,” said Enfield.

“No,” Twilight said, “You go and spend time with Scootaloo. After all, you are her dad now.”
Enfield turned and looked down at his daughter. Scootaloo was smiling at him and Enfield couldn’t help hugging her.

“Yeah, you know what, we need to spend a little quality time together,” Enfield said, “We’ll probably be out in the countryside if you need us.”

“Why out in the countryside?” Scootaloo asked.

“Because I’ve never got to see what an undisturbed ecosystem looks like,” said Enfield, “It’s just so peaceful looking. Why didn’t I come here in the first place?”

“Because you were on Earth,” Scootaloo said.

“And now I’m here with you,” said Enfield, “Life’s worked out for me.”

Enfield and Scootaloo left and walked around the outskirts of town. Enfield checked each and every plant they came across, eager to find out more about the mostly unusual plant life. Scootaloo had no trouble teaching them to him, in return for knowledge about the land Enfield told Scootaloo that he would teach her how to shoot, military history and how to fly the Spitfire. As they ventured around the country Enfield began to learn more about Scootaloo’s life. She did have a family at one point, but she couldn’t remember them in any way, nor did she have any sort of solid information about them. She told Enfield that she was in an orphanage for a few years before she ran away to escape adoption by a crazed pony with three legs and one eye, Scootaloo managed to make it to Ponyville where she remained hidden for a few days until she decided to try and make money for food. Each sentence made Enfield feel bad for Scootaloo but he reminded her that she was his daughter now and nothing would take that away from them. Scootaloo grinned and leaned against Enfield. The two eventually stopped to watch the sun set over Equestria.

“This is the first time I’ve truly seen the sun set,” Enfield said.

“Surely you’ve seen it at least once,” said Scootaloo.

“Yeah, but those times were either over cites or war zones, this is something much more,” said Enfield.

“Dad?” Scootaloo said, “Why did you adopt me?”

“Like I said before, you needed a family,” Enfield said, “I’ve always wanted to have a family but now because of the civil war and my confirmed death on Earth, I won’t have a chance there. Here, the opportunity rose when I discovered about your true life. I could not let you stay in a grotty box for the rest of your life, I knew that I had to do something, and adopting you was the pinnacle of changing my life. I did this not just for you, but myself also.”

“You adopted me to redeem yourself?” Scootaloo asked.

“People back on earth think I’m a heartless killer, I needed to show that I was the good person all along. Me taking you into my care probably did it,” said Enfield “Also, there’s something about you I really like. You remind me of myself.”

“How though?” Scootaloo asked.

“You’re funny, easygoing, smart, adventurous, and above all, very cute,” Enfield said gently tapping Scootaloo on the nose. She giggled then sighed, feeling happy.

“One more reason I adopted you was that you must of spent a lot of your life being very lonely, I know how that feels. I don’t want you to suffer being alone anymore, you needed a father,” Enfield said.

“But can you be a dad?” Scootaloo asked doubtfully, “You were only sixteen on earth and now you’ve adopted me, do you think you’re capable of taking care of me?”

“I don’t think, I know,” Enfield said.
He huffed and looked down to Scootaloo.

“I will ask that you do not bring that up again,” he said, “But I can promise you that I will be the best father ever. I’ll keep you fed, safe, accepted and happy. Nothing with any intention of harm towards you will ever get close, I will protect you even if it kills me.”

“But I don’t want you to die doing that,” Scootaloo said, sounding a little upset.

“Don’t worry, hopefully it’ll never happen,” Enfield said.

They sat and watched as the sun slowly dipped down. Scootaloo leaned against her dad happy that he had told her that he would protect her for the rest of her life. Enfield knew that if he did go back to earth, people would try and kill him once they realized he wasn’t dead. He wouldn’t allow that, he had another good reason to stay alive, he had to see Scootaloo grow up. Soon, Scootaloo broke the silence.

“Dad, what will happen to us now?” she asked.

“Dunno,” Enfield replied, “But this is only the start of something. Our lives have only just been changed and I have a feeling that we’ll be going through some amazing adventures.”

“You should write books or something,” Scootaloo said.

“The computer does have programs that can make documents, maybe I’ll take up writing about our little adventures,” said Enfield.

“Will I be in them?” Scootaloo asked.

“Sure, if you want to stick with me as I go back to earth,” Enfield said.

“You want to go back?” Scootaloo asked, confused about why Enfield wanted to go back.

“Even if my old life had been crushed, I’ve still got loose ends to tie up,” Enfield said.

“You mean your parents?” Scootaloo said, “What are you going to do?”

“Go back, find them and show them what they have created,” Enfield said darkly.
He grinded his teeth and relaxed, he remembered that he had to see the rest of his family and friends and show them that he wasn’t dead and that he now had a family and a new life.

“Do you think it’ll work out?” Scootaloo said.

“What will?” Enfield asked.

“My life,” Scootaloo said, “Will it work out?”

“It already did,” said Enfield.

Scootaloo once again jumped up and hugged Enfield around his neck. He was right about her life taking a turn for the best, she now had a dad and a new life to live. All thanks to her arrogance of trying to save Enfield when he was dying in front of her.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” she said through tears.

“I am too,” said Enfield.

“Do you think I’ll become a flyer like you?” Scootaloo asked.

“You might, I will teach you to fly with your wings and the Spitfire,” Enfield said.

“You’re the best dad ever,” Scootaloo said.
Enfield held Scootaloo tightly to his chest and they watched the sun disappear behind the horizon.

“Who Dares Wins, Scootaloo,” Enfield said, “Who Dares, Wins.”

The End.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 19 )

This Is The Best Story That I Have, Or Will Probably Ever Read. I
congratulate You On Creating This Work Of Art.

I Read it again! :D
Still good :rainbowkiss:

Meh, it's fine. A little short, and not too tasteful. But I did think you wrote it well, that and it had pretty nice dialogue. To be honest I'm not sure how I ended up here, oh well reading 37% of this in the past hour has helped kill time, and it looked pretty nice up to that point. :pinkiesmile:

I am so glad to have found this and read all of this. This was the best story I have read so far. TRIPLE:moustache::moustache::moustache: STACHE

1591870
I know quite a bit about jets for two very good reasons. The first is that I've been in a military grade fighter simulator and It was a lot like being in a jet. The second reason is that I live next door to an F-16 Air National Guard pilot who is friends with my parents. Best part was that I got to see his jet up close on the base where he is stationed. Best day of my life.

2000410
Just keep up reading, all questions will be answered in time.

Wow! I gotta hand it to you, you really have shown a work of literature here! This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read, and I believe it deserves much more attention! I'm looking forward to the next story! I hope you start working on the third story pretty soon. Good luck, and congratulations to you!

That William character was a badass!

The most amazing story i have ever read thank you for writing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best sir, you have successfully touched the core of my soul, and therefore I give you something that I only give to the best stories I read:weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-found-exactly-one-fuck-it-is-my-gift-to-you.jpg

Finally another CMC on earth story! There are too few of those, to my knowledge only two excist on this entire site, and yousr is one of them. Have five yays and a moustache :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::moustache:

I downloaded your story a while ago, before you broke it up into smaller pieces. I think its a pretty cool story and I also read the sequel. This is my comment letting you know I think they are both awesome.

My best friend is called James Rogers funny thing is that he hates the British and is part Scottish.

3081089
Enfeild returns

“Come on James this isn’t like you,” Sweetie Bell said.

“I know, I know,” James said, “I’m just not in the mood.”

Apple Bloom cuddled up to him.

“How about now?” she asked.

“A little,” said James. Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo hugged him as well.

“How about now?” Sweetie Bell asked.

Oh, how I love quoting out of context...


This is a really great story. Loved every bit of it. Just wish it was a bit longer, showing more of his time in Equestria.

Great story well written lots of respect for the plot overall very well written

Oh and also I love top gear so I was like yeeeaaahhh top gear

Very good story... I liked it, but I think almost all of the story was "Slice of Life"

6952060
I can't judge, I once responded to a comment over two and a half years old just to call the other person a silly bitch, or some equally lazy insult.

Login or register to comment