• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,423 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,423

PreviousChapters Next
Don't Leave Us

The Crusaders looked in horror as their savoir was lying in front of them bleeding out. James had only impacted the ground three seconds ago and a massive pool of blood was seeping out from under him.

“James?” Scootaloo said.

“Is he okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“What’s this red stuff?” Pinkie Pie asked, she reached out to tough it but Scootaloo swatted her hoof away.

“Don’t touch him!” she yelled to Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie backed up and rubbed her hoof.

“James! James, can you hear me?!” Apple Bloom yelled.

Sacrificing hygiene for humanity Scootaloo stepped into the blood puddle and tried to assess the severity of James’ wounds. It didn’t look good, he was been peppered by the shotgun blast and his arms had almost come out of their sockets. The wound on his abdomen caused by the stray bullet had torn a massive gaping hole in his side. James’ left arm was over his head and the wound was lying in the dirt. Scootaloo had tears streaming down her face as he shook him, trying to wake him up.

“Can we help him?” Apple Bloom asked as she stood by James’ head.
Scootaloo looked at James and tried to think, she didn’t want James to die in his own blood and in pain, which was shown on his face.

“Didn’t James teach us first aid?” Sweetie Bell asked. Scootaloo looked up at Apple Bloom.

“Keep pressure on his wounds,” she said to Apple Bloom, Apple Bloom pushed down on the wound on James’ shoulder. Scootaloo then faced Sweetie Bell.

“Get something that can plug him up,” Scootaloo said, “You said your sister had something like gauze.”

“Okay!” Sweetie Bell said, she ran to her sisters house to look for anything that could be used as gauze. As for Scootaloo, she gave herself the most important task of keeping James alive;
Making sure his heart didn’t fail.

Scootaloo was trying to perform CPR on James as he lay in front of her, Scootaloo had been taught when she was a human so she couldn’t interlock her hoofs together, but she didn’t let that stop her from pushing down on James’ sternum in an effort to keep his heart beating. She preformed CPR for almost five minutes before she stopped and put her ear to his chest. Scootaloo could barely hear James’ heartbeat, when she took her head of James’ chest the left side of her face was coated in blood. Scootaloo kept trying to revive James but each push on his weakened heart caused blood to seep out of his wounds.

“Where’s Sweetie Bell?” Scootaloo asked.

“I’m here!” Sweetie Bell shouted, she was carrying several lumps of a white fabric, “I found this.”
Scootaloo grabbed it from Sweetie Bell and covered James’ shotgun wound. The fabric turned from white to crimson in an instant.

“Sweetie Bell, that was my best cotton,” Rarity said.

“Not now,” Sweetie Bell said, “We have more important matters to deal with.”
Apple Bloom took some of the cotton and covered James’ other wounds, she had his blood on him but Apple Bloom didn’t care, none of the Crusaders did.

Scootaloo went back to CPR while Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell tried to patch James up before he bled to death. James had become deathly white from the loss of blood and might have even gone into shock, Scootaloo however kept trying to stabilize James. As the Crusaders tried to help James the other six just stood back and watched the Crusaders try and bring James back to life.

Almost ten minutes passed since Sweetie Bell brought the cotton to help coat James’ wounds, and now Scootaloo had become frustrated and upset.

“Live! Why won’t you live?!” she shouted as she pushed down even harder on James’ heart. Twilight finally stepped forward.

“I don’t think he made it,” she said softly.
Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell accepted that they had lost James, they went back to their sisters, Apple Bloom still looked at the body of her savior and best friend while Sweetie Bell stood by Rarity with her head hanging low. Scootaloo was still trying to bring James back, she was pushing down on him, trying to keep his heart going.

“Scoot,” Twilight said, “He’s gone.”

“No!” Scootaloo said, “He’s not dead! He’s got too big a heart to die on us!”

“Come on Scootaloo, you tried,” Rainbow Dash said.

“I’m not going to leave him!” Scootaloo said, tears were dripping from her face onto James, she held onto his vest and started to cry.

“Come on,” Twilight said, she was starting to sound choked up herself, “I think it’s best we leave him here.”

The six left James lying on the ground, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell looked away from James and walked with their sisters, Scootaloo was still crying as she tried to wake James up, Rainbow Dash picked Scootaloo up by her tail and dragged her away from James. Scootaloo screamed protests at Rainbow Dash but she broke down and cried for losing James. His blood still caked the Crusaders’ legs and bodies. They left James and walked down the road, Scootaloo was on Rainbow Dash’s back crying while Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell walked mournfully next to their sisters. Then a distinct click caught Scootaloo’s attention, she stopped crying and looked over to James, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Twilight did as well, but they couldn’t believe what they were seeing.
James was sitting up pointing his 1911 over at them.

PreviousChapters Next