• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
New Body, New Mark, New Name, New Life

James was the first to try and see what Apple Bloom had seen. There was something else added to his sides, they looked like black swords or clubs above and below the flag but once James got a closer look he saw what they really were, they were Mk. 4 Lee Enfield rifles. The left side of the rifle above the flag was pointed toward James’ front and the right side of the gun that was below the flag was pointed in the opposite direction, the weapons were flipped instead of being mirrored.

“Hello, what do we have here?” he asked.

“Looks like another Cutie Mark or the rest of your current one,” Twilight said.

“Has this happened before?” James asked.

“Cutie Marks have been known to appear over a duration of time rather than an instant,” said Twilight.

“What does it mean though?” James asked as he walked in a circle, “It it to do with who I am or what I am?”

“Look James,” Twilight said, she stopped and sighed, “I can probably help you figure out your Cutie Mark but I really wish you would change your name to fit Equestria.”

“I’ve been thinking of name that might work but I think I might be able to make one from this mark here,” said James.

“How about ‘Rifle Flag’?” Pinkie asked.

“Or Union Lee?” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“No, no that sounds silly,” James said. He sat and rubbed his chin for a few minutes as he mulled it over, occasionally shifting glances between his Cutie Mark and the oncoming storm. He stood up, looked at his mark one more and came up with a name.

“How’s Brit Enfield sound?” he asked.

“Sounds cool,” said Rainbow Dash.

“So where did the name come from?” Twilight asked.

“Simple,” James said, “I chose to mix both of what’s on my mark, you see where I’m going? British flag and Enfield rifles, all I did was shorten British to Brit and use Enfield as a last name.”

“Good idea you came up with there,” said Applejack, “You like the sound of James’ new name Big Mac?”

“Eeyup,” said Big Macintosh.

“So what does the Cutie Mark represent?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Well I’ve had a jolly good think and I think I’m come up with an answer,” said James, “The Union jack represents who I truly am, a smart, lovable, funny British fellow. The guns represent what I’ve always been, a soldier, a protector of the innocent and the newest addition to the Equestrian Guard. From now on, I shall be known as Brit Enfield, Guardian and Enforcer of Equestria.”

“It plays out nice,” said Twilight, “We’ll tell everypony to call you Brit Enfield from now on.”

The newly named Brit Enfield pulled another .50 cal round out, loaded his sniper and fired a round into the sky.

“Long live Celestia!” Enfield shouted.

“We’d best get inside,” Applejack said, “That’s a mean storm coming our way.”

“Good thing too,” said Fluttershy, “I need some rain for the frogs.”

“I might have brought good old British weather with me,” Enfield said.

“Oh, I wanted to give you this as well, um, Enfield,” Pinkie Pie said.
“It’s okay if you call me Brit, Enfield or both,” Enfield said, “I’ll know you’re talking to me. So what do you have?”
Pinkie handed Enfield a few newspapers, one was from Equestria while the other two were from earth. Enfield was going to ask where Pinkie got the earth newspapers but he backed down realizing that Pinkie was capable of anything.
This should be a nice little something to read, thanks Pinkie” Enfield said as he rolled up the papers and stuffed them in a duffle bag, “See you lot tomorrow.”

“Yeah, see you ‘round,” Applejack said.

PreviousChapters Next