• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
Back To School: Pt. 2

The bell rang and James made his way through the crowd to his history class, as per usual he was the first in class. James sat down and waited for the rest of the class to turn up. James tried to ignore the staring eyes coming from the hallway, several of the students had entered the class, a few of them getting a second glance at James before sitting down. James' friend Jones came through the door, he took a headphone out of his ear.

“How you doing James?” Jones said.

“Doing fine,” replied James, “Judging by how quickly things spread around here I’m guessing that you heard about my little story.”

“I was one of the first to know,” said Jones, “You seriously did what you did?”

“Like I’ve said several times, I had to,” James said. Jones was about to say something else but was interrupted by the history teacher Mr. Cosby. James had always liked history with Mr. Cosby, his name did make it seem like he was the celebrity Bill Cosby but he was just a History teacher with the same last name. Although he might as well be a comedian mainly from his impersonations of US presidents. Mr. Cosby was pretty much one of the most liked teachers in the entire school. As Mr. Cosby strode across the classroom and sat down at his desk he took one look at James.

“Well look who it is,” he said.

“Sorry?” James asked.

“You of course,” said Mr. Cosby, “Taking those kids into your care. Really unusual story.”

“I just did what was right,” said James.

“I would have taken care of them,” said one of the girls in his class.

“Well if they turned up on your doorstep you might of,” James said back to her, “But the people who took them in before I found them had kicked them out of their houses a day later.”

“What are you kidding me?” Mr. Cosby asked, “They just left them to die for no reason?”

“From what they told me yes, rather despicable because they’re good kids,” said James.

“Alright enough of this,” said Mr. Cosby, “You’re all here for one thing, and one thing only. The final exam.”
This announcement stopped everyone from talking. Mr. Cosby then got up and handed everyone a test paper.

“There are one hundred twenty questions on this test, I expect to see each one answered,” he said as he handed James a test.

“Let’s see how quickly I can do this,” James thought.

The test took over forty five minutes for James to complete, and it wasn’t long after that everyone else finished. Mr. Cosby received all the tests before class was finished so he spent the rest of the remainder of the time talking about the war in Iran. Class soon finished after and James then proceeded to the cafeteria.

“Second to last lunch with my friends,” he thought as he looked for the table he usually sat at.
James tossed his bag onto the table and looked for his friends, he expected that he would of heard of the Crusaders living at his house and that they would start asking questions about the girls. A sudden thud on the table caught James off guard, he looked up and saw his friend Carl who was smirking about surprising James.

“Did I scare you?” Carl asked.

“Rather a bit,” said James.

“You weren’t paying attention, I couldn’t resist,” Carl said as he sat down and took out his laptop.

“Well I’m just going to have to keep watch then,” said James seeing his other friends, Molly and Maria walk over. Molly sat down across from James and Maria sat a seat away from Molly.

“Hi,” Molly said casually.

“Morning,” James said as he rummaged for the food he had packed.

“First things first,” said Maria looking at James, “Are the stories true?”

“Yep,” James said taking out a Gatorade and a bag of chips.

“What stories?” Molly asked.

“You haven’t heard?” asked Maria.

“Finally someone who’s clueless,” said James.

“James said that he found three girls at the gas station he works at and he’s got them at his house,” said Carl.

“What?” Molly asked.

“Don’t know how they got there but I felt that I had to take care of them,” said James.

“I heard you have pictures,” Maria said reaching across the table. James got his phone out and gave it to her, Maria looked at the picture with a puzzled look.

“I think I’ve seen them before somewhere,” Maria said.

“Same here,” James lied, his friends were clearly not aware of the show and James wanted to keep it that way. Molly was looking through her Spanish, she then stopped and looked up behind James then ducked back down.

“Oh no,” she groaned.

“What?” James asked, he then felt someone sit to the left of him.

“HEIL ROGERS!” the person sitting next to him said. James crushed the handful of potato chips in his had and looked to the left.

“Shit,” James thought. That person was Bob, the racist, egotistical, all around unlikable twat.

“Why do you always do the same thing every time you sit here?” Molly asked.

“More importantly why is he even here?” James heard Carl say.

“Because he’s German and therefore a Nazi,” said Bob.

“You know I only speak German and the Nazi regime crumbled after 1945,” James said.

“Who cares?” said Bob, James looked over at the three Rivet energy drink cans that Bob had.

“Bloody hell,” James said, “Who can even fathom drinking even one?”

“I can, because I drink whisky and smoke pot,” Bob said chugging one of the cans.

“You don’t drink or smoke,” said Carl.

“Yeah I do,” said Bob, “I get it from the dealer and my mini fridge.”

“You mean the dealer who tried to rob me and ended up paralyzed from the neck down?” James asked coolly.

“No the other one,” said Bob.

“The entire ring was exposed and shut down about four months ago,” said Molly.

“Here’s your phone back,” said Maria handing the phone back to James, but before James could get it Bob snatched it and looked at the picture of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo.

“What the fuck is this?” Bob said with a slight laugh.

“Lives that I saved,” James said with a angry tone.

“So the rumors are true,” Bob said tossing the phone to James.

“I helped them out and made something good of myself,” James said putting the phone away before Bob tried to steal it.

“So they’re living at your house right?” asked Maria.

“Three days and we’ve formed a bond like nothing I’ve experienced,” said James.
Bob snorted and looked at James.

“Are you planning what I’m thinking?” he said.

“Judging by your twisted mind no,” said Carl, not looking up from his laptop.

“James, are you gonna, you know?” Bob said. James stared at him confused.

“What are you trying to say?” he asked.

“Oh god,” Molly said going back to her Spanish notes.

“Are you gonna do it?” Bob said making gestures that James clearly understood.

“I’m warning you Bob,” he said gritting his teeth, “You’d better stop this perverted thought now.”

“I’m just saying that you might be,” said Bob.

“Now you listen here you ignorant piece of shit,” James said hitting the table with his fist, “I am not doing what that sick and psychotic brain of yours thinks I am doing, and if you dare mention it again, I will tear your organs out of that surgery scar of yours and hang you with your intestines. You had better get this message through your fucking head or else I will crush your skull and see if there’s a side to you that’s likeable, but just by looking at you I’m gonna have to dig real deep.”
Bob stared at James, he got up taking the Rivet cans with him and went to the lunch line. James relaxed and turned back to the stunned faces of his friends.

PreviousChapters Next