• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
New Job Perks

Once morning rose, Enfield ate a quick breakfast, prepped himself for his job on Sweet Apple Acres, and headed there in his 550 buggy. Working at the farm was probably the easiest thing Enfield had ever done. It was easier than working at the old gas station. Enfield had picked up the skills on how to apple buck, but while Applejack and Big Macintosh used brute force to acquire apples, Enfield used cunning and carefully targeted strikes to bring down a hail of apples. This earned him praise from Applejack. Just as the sun had reached it’s peak in the sky, Applejack called for a break. Apple Bloom and Applejack were under a large tree waiting for Big Macintosh and Enfield to show up. The two got a shock when Enfield flew up the hill and skidded to a halt in front of them. Enfield hopped out while Big Macintosh sat frozen in his seat.

“Is he okay?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah, just a little shock but he’ll snap out of it,” Enfield replied, taking a bottle of apple cider out of the box next to Applejack.

“How do you keep the buggy going?” asked Apple Bloom.

“There’s a few large gas cans in the back of the hangar,” replied Enfield, “Come on Big Mac, no point in sitting around in the buggy.”
Big Macintosh shakily clambered out of the buggy, went over to the tree and sat down next to Applejack.

“Did you enjoy yourself?” Enfield asked.

“N-n-nope,” Big Macintosh stuttered.

“You wait, he’ll beg me to take him around in the buggy again,” Enfield said as he pulled his knife out and popped the bottle cap off the cider.

“So how does that thing work?” Applejack asked.

“It’s got a four stroke, turbo charged engine in it,” said Enfield, “Full throttle and I can reach forty.”

Enfield hadn’t turned the buggy off and he showed the power of the buggy. He stepped on the accelerator a few times and the roar of the engine echoed across the farm. Enfield then switched the buggy off and turned back to Applejack.

“What can I say?” he said, “I’m a speed freak.”

“You wouldn’t have got that without our help,” Apple Bloom said.

“Yes, thanks,” Enfield said, “Oh take a look at what I made.”
He pulled a small box out of the buggy. Inside was what looked like a leg brace which Enfield fitted to his front leg.

“What’s that?” Applejack asked.

“A little device that simulates writing like a human,” said Enfield, “I made this because I still haven’t grasped the trick of writing in my mouth like the rest of you.”

“You’ll pick it up eventually,” said Applejack.

After the break was over, Applejack, Big Macintosh, Enfield and Apple Bloom continued with their work. Enfield now using the buggy’s engine to shake the trees of apples. Because of the help that Enfield provided, the trees were clear of apples and the barn was stocked with an entire years worth of apples. Applejack, pleased and impressed with Enfield, gave him double the pay and let him have a small bag of apples as a bonus. Enfield drove his buggy back to the hangar and walked to town. Now that he had the money that he needed for his plan to got into effect, he just needed to find the place to put the second phase of the plan in motion.

PreviousChapters Next