• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
Plan of Evasion

During the next few days, James became more and more paranoid and jumpy. Each day James would be looking out of the window and pacing around the house. The Crusaders noticed this because they found out that James would be startled by loud sudden noises and he spent more time with his rifle trained on the front door than with the Crusaders. Eventually James would have night terrors with ended with him on the roof of the house aiming his rifle down the road, one day after James had had been found in the shed in the backyard making a set of booby traps he went inside to set them up at the doors and windows. As he was arming the traps upstairs he heard something from downstairs, it sounded like music, James went downstairs to investigate. He stopped about halfway down the hallway and listened closely, the music had something else to it, there was singing as well. James leaned closer to the corner of the hallway and listened closely to the singing, he peeked around the corner and saw Sweetie Bell sitting on the floor singing as she went through her bag. James crept up on her and listened to her, James had never heard anything as beautiful as Sweetie Bell singing since he heard her sing in the TV show. James leaned against the couch as she sang, the fear and paranoia slowly being leeched from his body as Sweetie Bell sang. After she was done she picked up her bag, turned around and jumped back in surprise when she saw James.

“Don’t scare me like that!” she said.

“Well don’t lead me downstairs with your singing,” James retorted.

“You heard?” Sweetie Bell asked.

“And I loved every bit of it,” James replied.

“Thanks,” said Sweetie Bell. She carried her bag over to the table and went outside to play with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. James took it upstairs into her room and set it down on her bed, he took a good look outside and watched the Crusaders play catch with one another. Feeling rather lonely and bored, James went outside to play with them.

“Hey kids,” he said once he got outside.

“Hi James,” said Apple Bloom.

“Do you want to play with us?” Scootaloo asked.

“Why not? It might make me forget everything that happened the past week,” James said.

He spent the next hour playing catch with a rather large ball, Scootaloo seemed to catch it no matter which direction it went, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell occasionally crashed into one another as they tried to get the ball. James caught it at one point and the Crusaders tackled him for a bit of fun. As they were lying on the grass laughing and joking, James looked up and saw something unusual in the sky. He sat up and tried to focus on the UFO. James gave up and went to fetch a pair of binoculars from the house, he returned with a rather powerful pair and he looked back up at the UFO.

“Oh that’s really sneaky of them,” James said.

The UFO was a UAV Predator Drone.

“I have to admire them there,” said James, “I never expected a UAV to be scoping us out.”
The Crusaders saw the UAV as well, they had seen the Predator Drone on a few documentaries and they knew what it was capable of. They hid behind James and watched it glide across the sky.

“There is only one thing I have to ask,” said James, “How long has it been watching us?”
James and the Crusaders watched the Drone as it circled around them and then flew away, they could’ve ran inside but James knew that the minute he saw it was too late.

“Okay then, get your bags packed again,” James said.

“What?” Apple Bloom asked.

“You saw that drone didn’t you?” said James, “It’s probably been watching us for days and there might be Government Agents on the way here.”

“But I like it here,” said Sweetie Bell.

“I know you do,” James said, “But I don’t want you to end up on an operating table being ripped apart.”

“So where can we go?” Scootaloo asked.

“To the airport where my dad’s Cessna is,” said James, “Lucky the immigration papers will get us all into Cuba.”

“When do we leave?” Sweetie Bell asked.

“As soon as you’re ready,” said James as he went inside.

An hour later James had donned his Enforcer uniform and a bulletproof vest, he had also made some smaller vests for the Crusaders to wear. Just as James had loaded his Enfield and his 1911 Scootaloo came over to him.

“Um, James, we can’t open the door,” she said.

“We’re not using the door,” said James.

“Then how are we meant to get out?” asked Scootaloo.

“Through the roof,” said James.

“How do we get down?” Scootaloo said.

“You’ll see,” said James.

PreviousChapters Next