• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
Crime Of Self-Defence

Two days and several more watermelons later James decided to find his Emergency Escape box. James had stashed two boxes and several keys in the house in case something like this happened, he had almost forgotten where the boxes were when he found the larger box in the garage and the map with the box and key locations on it inside a shotgun shell. James was rummaging around in his crawlspace in order to find the first key that unlocked a box in his bedroom, after almost slicing his hand on a rusty pipe he found the key hanging from a section of piping under the living room. He came out from the crawlspace and dusted himself off. James was particularly pleased with his escape plan and how he had planted everything around the house in case something was stolen. James was about to shut up the crawlspace door when he saw that the front door to the house was wide open. James shut up the crawlspace, went to the den and retrieved his 1911 from under the couch and went outside. What he saw he couldn’t believe, there were three police cars and six cops by them, two were standing by the rear car looking around and making calls, two more were searching the house from across the road while one sat on the hood of the first car. James then saw the sixth cop trying to force someone into the middle car, it was Scootaloo.

“Hey! What are doing?” James shouted. The cops saw him and drew their pistols, James dove behind the bush and pulled his gun out as well.

“Come out with your hands up!” one of the cops shouted.

“Tell me what you’re up to!” James yelled back.

“We have our orders,” another cop shouted.

“What order is that?” James asked.

“James!” Scootaloo shouted, “James! Help me!”

“Let the girls go!” James ordered.

“We’re not here to negotiate,” a cop said, “We are here to take the girls away.”

“And where would that be?” James asked as he parted the bush so he could see if Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell were in the back of a car, he then saw Scootaloo in handcuffs.

“Hey! Take those cuffs off her!” James yelled.

“Can’t do that, she’ll escape,” a cop said.

“Let the girls go, now!” James said.

“Show yourself!” a cop shouted.
James slowly stood up with his 1911 ready, the cops tensed up and aimed at James.

“Drop the gun!” a cop shouted.

“Let the kids go!” James yelled back.
One of the cops slowly went to the truck of one car, James saw this and pointed his weapon at him.

“Don’t even think about it,” James said.

A shot rang out and James heard the bullet whiz past his ear, instinctually James returned fire and killed each of the cops. James stood with his smoking 1911 for a few seconds then his senses returned to him.

“Oh my god,” he whispered, dropping his gun and sinking to his knees.

“James!” Scootaloo yelled as she ran over to him, James stood up and ran over to her. He grabbed her and held on.

“What have I done?” he said.

He stood there holding Scootaloo for a few minutes staring at what he had just done, James couldn’t believe that he just killed six cops. The only settling thing was that he did so in self defense and it was more of a reaction rather than him actually doing it.

“James these things are hurting me,” Scootaloo said as she tried to pull her hands free of the cuffs. James picked up his pistol and used a bullet to shoot the lock off.

“Where’s Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom?” James asked.

“In that car,” said Scootaloo. She sat on the grass and rubbed her wrists, James went to the car that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell were in and opened the door. He pulled Sweetie Bell out first and, using a key he found on one of the bodies, unlocked her handcuffs. James noticed a few bruises on Sweetie Bell, but when he went to get Apple Bloom his entire body burned with fury. Apple Bloom had been pepper sprayed.

“Those bastards!” James shouted in Russian.
He pulled Apple Bloom from the car and examined her face, she had been shot with pepper spray and she was still suffering.

“I can’t breath!” she said.

“Apple Bloom, can you hear me?” James said.

“Help me,” she said, Apple Bloom then coughed up a lump of mucus that almost made James sick. James got the handcuffs off her and tried to see if he could help her.

“Scoot, get one of the gallons of water we have!” he said.
Scootaloo jumped up and ran to the garage, Sweetie Bell sat next to Apple Bloom and held her hand.

“Why did they do this?” James asked.

“I don’t know,” said Sweetie Bell.

“Did they hurt you?” James asked Sweetie Bell.

“They dragged us out of the house, Scootaloo kept fighting them and Apple Bloom kicked one of those people,” Sweetie Bell said.

“They wouldn’t pepper spray any kid who kicks them,” James said, “There must be another reason behind this.”

“I can’t see anything!” said Apple Bloom.

“It’s okay,” James said, “I’m here.”
Scootaloo retuned with a gallon of water, James tore the top off and told Apple Bloom what he was going to do. Apple Bloom begged James to get the stuff off her, James emptied the whole gallon on Apple Bloom’s face and helped her wipe the pepper spray residue off. Once they did, Apple Bloom sat up and rubbed her eyes, saw James and hugged him.

“You okay now?” James asked.

“Better now,” said Apple Bloom, “Why did they do that? Why did they shoot that stuff into my eyes?”

“I don’t care why, that’s police brutality that was,” said James.

“So now what?” Scootaloo asked.

“Well it isn’t safe staying at this house anymore,” James said, “We have to relocate.”
The Crusaders looked up at James.

“Relocate to where?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Anywhere but here,” James replied.

He told the Crusaders to pack up as much as they could into separate backpacks at to hide in the attic until James had hidden the cop cars and found the Escape Box. James found a nice hidden driveway and house at the end of the street for him to conceal the cars and bodies. Just before he yanked out the car batteries and the radios he opened up the trunks of each car and took the weapons that were stashed inside, James also took the side arms and ammo from the bodies and stuffed the guns in a large duffle bag that was inside the trunk. James then went back to the house and dropped the bag on the couch and told the Crusaders to come out of hiding. Apple Bloom said to James she had found some sort of box in James’ room. James followed Apple Bloom and she showed him the box that was resting on his bed.

The box was no bigger than a shoebox but James had stashed something in it and hidden the box for a reason. The Crusaders gathered around James as he took the key from his pocket and opened the box with it. Inside was five hundred dollars in cash, a passport, two more keys and a revolver speed loader with .38 rounds.

“Is this it?” Sweetie Bell asked as she picked up the money.

“There is another box,” James said, “I just have to get it first.”

James left his room and was about to head downstairs when he saw the plywood covering the door opposite his room. James stopped and looked at it, there wasn’t much to look at, just a sheet of plywood covering a door. But James realized that the door must be hiding something. He backed up and charged into the plywood, the wood snapped and the door was busted off its hinges. James picked himself up and saw the secret that was hiding in his house.

PreviousChapters Next