• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
The Beginning Of The End

After several minutes of complete silence, James decided to break the ice. But he chose to change the subject rather than to keep pressing on about his actual birth.

“So,” he said, “Are we stopping somewhere to get breakfast or are we going home?”

“We’re going straight home,” said Dave.

“Oh, I thought we were getting something to eat because we didn’t earlier,” said James.

“We have food at home, you can get something there,” Katherine said.

“That’s fine,” said James, “I was just wondering if we were going to bring the Crusaders something back.”

“They can manage,” said Dave, sounding more angry with each passing word, “All they have been eating is donuts for the past few days, they can stop for a few days.”

“Okay then,” James said, slinking back in his seat.

Dave steered the car rather quickly into the house drive and accelerated up the drive until he stopped sharply in front of the garage door, James had never seen his dad drive like that before. He was worried in a way, James really didn’t want to shatter his family relationship, he had happily lived with his parents for the past sixteen years and for it all to come to a grinding halt now would be the worst thing to happen to him. Dave opened the door to the garage up and James got out of the car and went inside.

“We’re back!” he shouted once he made it into the living room.

“Hi James,” Jessica said from the living room. Mad scrambling was heard and James found Dart trying to jump over the gate between the laundry room and the garage. James stepped into the living room and stroked Dart as he passed him.

“So where are the girls at?” James asked.

“In the den watching something,” said Jessica.

“How were they?” James asked, “Any trouble?”

“No, they were perfect little angels,” said Jessica.

“Good,” James said, he leaned a little closer to Jessica, “Try not to annoy my dad, I found out something about my life and he’s not in a good mood.”

“What did you find out?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it, it’s too unusual to speak about,” James said.

James went onto the den where, as usual, the Crusaders were watching Top Gear. Apple Bloom was the first to see James.

“Hey James,” she said.

“How’s your morning going?” James asked.

“It’s okay,” said Sweetie Bell.

“Where were you?” Scootaloo asked.

“At the doctors, getting blood taken out of me,” James replied.

“Is that what the papers under your arm are for?” Sweetie Bell asked.
James had almost forgotten the papers, he took them out from under his arm and sat down next to the Crusaders. The Crusaders leaned closer to see what the paper had on it.

“It’s funny how you find out things about your family with just a bit of paper,” James said. He read them the DNA codes and explained what the marks on it meant, the Crusaders eventually got the picture that James wasn’t the offspring of his parents and that James was born in a test tube.

“That doesn’t sound right,” said Sweetie Bell.

“I know but it’s strange how the doctor said I have four birth parents,” James said, “Looks as if science can do anything with the right funding.”

“But who are the four birth parents?” Scootaloo asked.

“I don’t know,” said James.
Jessica came in just a few seconds later.

“Okay I’m going back home now,” she said, “Bye you three.”
The Crusaders jumped up, ran over to Jessica and hugged her, Jessica returned the hugs.

“I was right wasn’t I?” James said.

“They were fine after you talked to them,” Jessica said.

“Will you be back?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Maybe,” said Jessica. The Crusaders let go and Jessica left, James sighed and went back to examining the papers.

“She’s really nice,” Scootaloo said.

“Did you eat anything?’ James asked.

“Yeah, we were hoping you would bring something back,” said Apple Bloom.

“We couldn’t this time,” said James.

“Aw, why?” asked Sweetie Bell.

“Well we got held up and there’s food here,” said James. He felt his stomach growl, he remembered tat he didn’t have any breakfast and the time had gone by so fast it was nearly lunch. He decided to make himself something to eat.

“There is one thing I want to ask you girls,” James said as he rummaged through the pantry, “How come you lot haven’t got dressed yet?”
The Crusaders were still in their pajamas when James found them in the den. It seemed as if the Crusaders weren’t too bothered about getting ready for the day.

“We just didn’t want to today,” said Sweetie Bell.
James laughed as he found a box of Weeatabix, just as he set it down the door to the garage opened and his parents stepped inside. They ignored Dart as the dog ran around them, hoping to get some attention.

“Girls,” Dave said rather loudly, “Why haven’t you dressed yet?”

“Oh, are we going somewhere?” Apple Bloom asked.

“No, just get dressed,” said Dave. The Crusaders didn’t object, they ran upstairs, afraid of Dave’s tone. James had undoubtedly, lit a fuse he could not put out. James now grew more cautious about what he would say and do from now on in order to avoid anything that could possibly ruin his life.

PreviousChapters Next