• Published 26th Sep 2012
  • 3,422 Views, 189 Comments

The Final Crusade - Enfield



What would you do, and how far would you go to protect the ones you love?

  • ...
12
 189
 3,422

PreviousChapters Next
Vengence

After several days it pretty much did, the Crusaders all knew CQC and could execute moves pretty well. Apple Bloom Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo were evaluated after all the training, Scootaloo had exceeded expectations and was taught a few other moves because she had amazing balance and coordination. James also decided to teach the Crusaders basic first aid that he learned in school, he did this just in case one of them got hurt and he wasn’t around to help. The day after evaluation James trusted Scootaloo with going down the street once more to deliver misplaced mail to one of the neighborhood residents. She had gave the mail to the right people and was on her way back to James' house when some clanking caught her attention, Scootaloo span around and saw Rod hobbling his way over to her. Rod was in a traction brace because of the damage that he received from James, his legs were in braces and his head fixed in place.

“So the girly come back for more,” Rod said, his vocal chords were also damaged from when James kicked him in the throat, his voice sounded slurred and somewhat deep but with spit bubbling around in his mouth.

“Go away,” Scootaloo said.

“Aw, someone scared?” Rod taunted, he was still the same stupid person like he always had been. Rod clearly didn’t learn to back off as James had warned him to.

“No,” said Scootaloo, “I’m not scared of you.”

“This time I’m going to make sure that James never finds out about what I did,” said Rod hobbling over to Scootaloo.

“Don’t push me,” she said sternly.

“What are you gonna do? Get James?” Rod said, “I’m not scared of him.”

“I said go away,” Scootaloo said as she backed away. Rod lunged forward and grabbed hold of her arm, Scootaloo sprung into action taking a hold of Rod’s arm and escaping his grasp then she threw him to the tarmac.

“Stay away from me!” Scootaloo said. Rod struggled to get up.

“So you learned a little something,” Rod said, “But I’m an orange belt in karate so I know more.”

Rod tried to kick Scootaloo but she knocked him back. Rod grabbed her shirt but Scootaloo grabbed him and threw him over her shoulder and slammed him into the ground. Rod looked up at Scootaloo and cowered.

“Stay down if you know what’s good for you,” Scootaloo said fiercely. She then left a more crippled Rod in the street and went back to the house. She went inside and headed for the den, eager to tell James what had happened. James was in the den with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell showing them his dad’s M4 carbine.

“This is what I hate about most assault rifles,” he said fumbling around with the gun, “You have to take it apart in order to clean it.”

“James!” Scootaloo said loudly.

“Hi there,” James said, “Did you do as I asked?”

“I sure did,” Scootaloo said.

“And judging by your messed up clothes and the fact you’re out of breath means that you’ve done a little something extra,” said James.

“That Rod kid tried to hurt me again,” Scootaloo said. James pulled the charging handle on the rifle and gripped it tighter.

“I told him to stay away from you three,” said James.

“It’s okay James, I took care of it,” Scootaloo said. James dropped his gaze and stared at Scootaloo.

“You managed to fend him off?” he asked.

“He won’t bother us again,” said Scootaloo, proud of what she did.

“You got rid of him?” asked Apple Bloom. Scootaloo nodded, James stood up and walked over to Scootaloo.

“I really think this deserves something special,” said James, “You wait until I find the perfect day.”

PreviousChapters Next