• Published 9th Nov 2022
  • 2,181 Views, 47 Comments

CMCQC! (Cutie Mark Changeling Queen Crusaders!) - Mokoma



Chrysalis' devious plan to infiltrate Ponyville while disguised as a filly backfires.

  • ...
1
 47
 2,181

CMCQC! (Cutie Mark Changeling Queen Crusaders!)

The young filly smiled as she gazed in the mirror.

Yellow coat, white mane. Generic look, nothing out of the ordinary. Cute and diabetic in its sweetness. She didn't bother looking too long at her own - new visage. After all, she was unable to wait any longer. She didn't want to delay anything. It was time; time to enact her amazing, flawless plan.

A plan that would have Ponyville give itself to her on a silver platter.

Get into Twilight Sparkle's castle using her newly acquired magic...And - well, do whatever she thought was right! Steal her artifacts, maybe vandalize the cutie map - maybe steal her baby dragon assistant, or maybe just replace her altogether! Who cared? She now discovered magic that allowed her to enter her castle undetected - for previously, it was practically impossible. Twilight Sparkle had a nasty trick that blocked her changeling magic - her own throne's shards. Yet once again, the resourcefulness of the filly who gazed in the mirror let her find a way around it. A magical hairpin, that perfectly fit her new form.

Queen Chrysalis grinned wide as she laughed to herself.

Or - for the time being, it was Daisy Breeze. That name should work well enough - the disgustingly...colorful and sickeningly wholesome naming conventions something she was well aware of. Ugh, Pinkie Pie...Carrot Cake and Cup Cake...Ugh - Starlight...Glimmer!? She hated that the mare she hated the most right now had such a...girly, sugary, utterly cutesy and--

No - now isn't the time for anger.

Daisy Breeze smiled wide. She began to speak - her voice Chrysalis' for now.

"The time has come." She monologued. "With this disguise - I'll slip right under the nose of those two annoying unicorns; and finally we'll end this pathetic charade." She smiled, holding a pamphlet as she looked over it.

"Twilight Sparkle - inviting the school ponies on a tour of the castle..." She said in a teasing - pouty voice...Before laughing. "Cute - and so foolish. You've only yourself to blame for leaving your guard down - and here I thought I was dealing with the smartest unicorn of Equestria. But that's okay..."

Her voice now became one of a cutesy, young filly.

"I'll happily take the tour, Miss Twilight Sparkle."

She was on cloud nine from the sheer thoughts of the future...So much so she forgot something. She was unsure what.

***

Today was the day. Schoolponies were to gather in-front of the castle; from the local school, as well as the School of Friendship. Twilight Sparkle had planned the tour due to the volume of requests from the children - and it was a nice motivator for them to study harder, as their parents had promised their children to let them on the tour if they had good grades.

Daisy Breeze trotted about Ponyville with shifty eyes. She knew that the fact both schools were present was to her advantage - if she's asked what school she's from, she just says she's from the other. After all, she knew the inhabitants of Ponyville well - after her previous attempts and all the reports she had gotten from her loyal changelings...when she still had them, of course.

The sound "ugh" was all she released, at the memory of it all.

However, not all was simple. She had to be smart; she had to be careful. Being just a young filly who shows up without anypony knowing her was not to her advantage. So what to do in this case?

...An idea brewed. Why not just make friends with some local school ponies and warm up to them? She manipulatively grinned; it was as easy as taking candy from a child - if the child was asleep and the candy wasn't even in the same room. She was going to get her way.

But who could she go along with? Who could she fool in this situation?

"Watch out! Duck!" Yelled a squeaky voice.

Daisy Breeze had no issue doing so - her instincts were sharper than of the other ponies. She gently stepped to the side, and the scooter was able to zip past her without collision.

She blinked at the cause of the ruckus - and froze in place.

"Scootaloo!" Yelled a familiar voice. "Are you okay!?"

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle both ran up to the pegasus who was able to barely regain her balance as to not fall off the scooter. Scootaloo sighed in relief as she was able to ensure her transport was intact.

Daisy blinked at them - she tried very hard not to show hostility and aggression. Of course she knew who these fillies were. She remembered them well. One of her attempts to take over Equestria involved taking these brats and leveraging them against the Elements of Harmony; and that plan was utterly ruined.

She forgot to even say anything - she watched the fillies as inside the fires of hate began to burn; but she snapped out of it as Applebloom approached her and spoke.

"Hay! We're really sorry about that..." The yellow filly said. "Scootaloo can't ever learn how to drive that thing without an accident!"

"I so can!" The pegasus exclaimed. "You distracted me!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Ahem!" Sweetie Belle coughed to catch the attention of the two fillies, before turning to Daisy. "We're glad to see Scootaloo didn't bump into you. I haven't seen you here before, though! My name's Sweetie Belle - that's Scootaloo, and Applebloom. What's your name?" The filly said with her squeaky, squeaky voice - that nearly made Daisy's eye twitch.

"...Daisy Breeze."

"Nice to meet you!" Applebloom smiled as she approached. "But yeah - I've never seen you before! Are you from Ponyville?"

"...Yes." Daisy coughed. "I'm from the...School of Friendship."

"Ooooooh!" Scootaloo beamed with excitement. "We really wanted to attend it! But now we're honorary graduates and tutors, so that's also really cool!"

"You don't say..." Daisy coughed. She was re-considering her approach. Maybe a different group of fillies would do well. This group was too high-profile, too loud and...too active. "Well - I'm gonna run along now and--"

A collective gasp came from the three fillies.

Daisy blinked at them as if they had just accused her of being a changeling. "...What?"

"You..." Applebloom blinked. "You don't have a cutie mark, and you didn't even tell us!?"

This made Daisy freeze. Oh no. Was she really in such an excited stupor - in such haste that she forgot to add the beloved detail of these ponies? Their...flank tattoo - cutie mark, as they were called. But she now blinked more; unsure just what was so criminal about not having a cutie mark.

"No...I do not. Does that bother you?" Daisy rose a brow.

The three fillies suddenly ran at her - making Daisy screech. However, they had done so to lift Daisy up into the air.

"Daisy, you've approached the right mares for this job!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"...You've approached me." Daisy muttered. "And you're still young--"

"Because you've just run into..." Applebloom smiled, and looked at the other girls so that they could synchronize. Nodding at each other, they threw Daisy up into the air, before catching her - as they then yelled in unison;

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders!" They shouted together - causing Daisy to wince at the sheer terror that was a group of screaming children. Daisy was still however rather surprised to hear what she heard - looking down at the three.

"...The what Crusaders?" She said - genuinely forgetting she actually heard this term before.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Sweetie Belle grinned. "Our duty is to help all ponies find their cutie marks! And we'll help you no matter what it takes!"

"Seriously...?" Daisy muttered, too quiet to be heard.

"Fear no longer!" Applebloom grinned. "We'll help you find your cutie mark pronto! We've got a whole list of stuff we can try before you get it!"

"That's really nice of you - I think." Daisy said, feeling nauseous as the fillies kept throwing her up and down. She used her own agility to flip in the air, and land on her hooves, causing the three fillies to look with opened, surprised eyes. "But no, thank you. I'm kind of busy and I don't really have time for--"

"Oh come on!" Sweetie Belle whined. "But we've got such a big list to work with! And today's a special day because Princess Twilight Sparkle is gonna have a tour in her castle - so if your special talent involves castle architecture, magical archeology, labyrinth design, castle trap design, or going on tours - then this is the best chance we've got!"

"Seriously - I don't need--...Wait." Daisy stopped, and a smile crept up on her face. "...Tour?"

"Yeah!" Applebloom grinned. "And if you come with us, I'm sure we can get you the best spots so you can take a closer look! Maybe we can even introduce you to the princess!"

"Or maybe we can even go there earlier so we have a head start for the rest of the list!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"...That would be perfect. Juuust perfect." Daisy grinned wide.

"Hold up!" Scootaloo exclaimed, turning all heads to her.

"Huh?" The other two crusaders tilted their heads.

"The tour's gonna happen in like two hours, right?" The pegasus asked. "But before that, we can do a whole buncha other things to maximize our attempts! We might get a filly to get her cutie mark on her first day!"

"No no no..." Daisy nervously laughed. "You don't have to--"

"She's right!" Applebloom nodded. "Come on, Daisy - just bear with us! Maybe we can get your cutie mark before we even reach the tour! Pleaase?"

Daisy sighed softly. She did not want this a single bit - but...there was the potential that she could get into that castle in a much more convenient way than she accepted - but all she had to do for now...was comply with these "Cutie Mark Crusaders".

"Very well." Daisy nodded her head.

She scoffed once the fillies turned away. How difficult could it be - just for a little bit of infiltration?

***

Daisy ran screaming - the swarm of bees gaining on her. How was she supposed to know that the faint hints of her changeling pheromones were still on her!? It didn't help that her dismissive nature ensured that she didn't follow the proper procedure of zipping up the beekeeper's suit - so now as the head protection was blown away by the force of her running downhill, she was completely exposed.

Her saving grace came with the river - she ran over to the bridge; and took a leap of faith. A leap of just a couple meters of course - but with the water came relief; as the smell of her changeling pheromones was worn off, and the bees buzzed off.

Breathing underwater was no issue for Daisy - gills forming on her neck to compensate. She breathed an underwater sigh of relief, before re-emerging, soaking wet and looking like a very bothered stray cat.

"Daisy!" Scootaloo called out as she ran after them. "I'm so sorry! I had no idea the bees would get so upset with you! Guess the beekeper cutie mark's a bust, even though we've already gotten a filly to earn that one..."

Daisy groaned - she wanted to yell at the fillies; but...she couldn't blow her chance. She forced a nervous smile. "That's...Fine. Ah, hey, why don't we just go to the tour? Maybe my cutie mark involves waiting?"

"We can wait for a lotta things!" Sweetie Belle called out. "But we really gotta try this next one!"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. She wasn't concerned. She knew this one; Sweetie Belle. The softest of the bunch. What could this little filly suggest her? Crochet? Piano?

***

The flaming rings stood menacingly on her path. Daisy screamed as the skateboard she was on barreled through the path, before going up a ramp and jumping right through the three rings that were on her way. She screamed louder as she saw that just before the finish line, a deep pit was built that went straight down. However, her skateboard was able to land on the checkered mark, and safely kept rolling to the flat grass.

Daisy was left gasping and hyperventilating as she fell off of the skateboard, and laid on the ground.

"Scootaloo - this was great!" Sweetie Belle grinned. "I'm so happy we got to trade our cutie mark activity ideas! It was so fun to set up that race track - especially with the pit near the finish! I'd say I did pretty well!"

"Daisy!" Scootaloo yelped. "Sweetie Belle, I-I think you did too well!"

"Huh!?" Sweetie Belle squeaked as she ran up to Daisy. "But the fire was harmless! I used that cold fire chemical kit Twilight gave me for my birthday! And the pit was fake too!" She said, casually approaching the pit and...lifting it up; it was revealed to be an optical illusion that was printed on a sheet, placed on the ground. "See? You were never in any danger, Daisy! I just thought this was the best way to coax the cutie mark out!"

Daisy, upon hearing the news, shot Sweetie Belle a glare. Yet; the fact wasn't...too awful. At-least the fillies hadn't planned on hurting her...much.

"Ooookay..." Daisy muttered as she slowly rose. "S-So, are we done? I'd reaaaalllyyyy want to go on the tour now, and--"

"Wait!" Applebloom squeaked. "Just one more thing! We got half an hour!"

Daisy grit her diamond-strong teeth, which produced sparks due to the tension. "That's fine..." She muttered angrily. "I really don't--"

"Pleaaaaaaaase! I promise it's not dangerous, and I promise it's not gonna involving anything risky! All it is is gonna be just a bit of gardening!" Applebloom softly whined in a pleading manner...

The other filly could only groan. Fine - if Sweetie Belle had somehow set up the wild skateboard ride to be actually safe...Maybe this would go well. Gardening was an easy feat - wasn't it?

***

"And now, carefully add the solution to the pot!" Applebloom smiled warmly.

Daisy...hated that she was smiling. This was actually nice - for a change. In the hive, there was no real vegetation. And of course, being the creature that she was - she had a thing for nature; even if for the purpose of using it to disguise herself. This cute little plant would shift and move as she added the green liquid - almost as if it was happy.

"Okay - now if you mixed all the right ingredients, he should be getting his nutrients!" The earth filly smiled. "You added the white, yellow, and blue potions, right?"

"Of course I did." Daisy dismissively said. "You said so yourself."

"...In that order, right?"

Daisy blinked as she stared at Applebloom.

"...In that order, right!?" Applebloom gulped.

"What does it matter in what order I mixed the solution!?" Daisy barked at Applebloom. "Besides, how can just a little liquid hurt this puny little plant!?"

Of course - the verb hurt applied to Daisy - not the plant. The plant rapidly grew; and developed something of a mouth, akin to a venus fly trap. It did not take long for it to completely swallow Daisy in one loud "chomp!" - however a plant could make the sound without teeth.

Daisy could only release muffled yells - as Applebloom gasped and rushed to get the reversal potion.

***

"This way! This way!" Scootaloo yelled.

"We're not gonna make it!" Sweetie Belle whined.

"We are - just keep runnin'!" Applebloom shouted.

Daisy cursed - she had been stuck in the killer plant for so long that none of the fillies had any idea how much time passed. They ran with the castle in sight, and they were fast on approach.

"We're almost there!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

Daisy - despite the predicament, was able to smile. A wicked smile. Finally - she'd enter the one place she dreamed of entering, and under a guise that would not raise a single eyebrow. It was the perfect plan - and finally, with this plan in motion, she would be able to take over this pathetic little land! She would claim Equestria, she would be its ruler - she would be its Queen! She would be--

"LATE!?" The crusaders shouted in unison...As they saw Twilight Sparkle waving goodbye to the foals, who were being picked up by their parents and led home.

...

Daisy's heart sank. "Wh--...But--...I--"

Twilight Sparkle saw the four, and smiled - then gasped in surprise. "Oh! Hi girls...Where were you? I thought you were gonna come along for the tour..." She said, and blinked. "Although I guess you've been in the castle so many times by now that you probably don't even need one..."

"Aw...It wasn't because we wanted the tour." Applebloom frowned.

Sweetie Belle sighed. "We wanted to let our friend inside and let her take the tour of the place, but we messed up and ended up coming late..."

"Oh!" Twilight smiled. "What's your name?"

"Daisy Spring." The filly sighed - trying her hardest not to look visibly upset; both over the situation, and also the fact she had to keep up the act in-front of the mare she hated the second most.

"Huh? I thought it was Daisy Breeze." Scootaloo tilted her head.

"I-I mean, Daisy Breeze." She coughed. "Sorry, I'm...sad I didn't get to attend it."

Twilight Sparkle smiled wider. "No worries! You can come in - I actually finished the tour kinda earlier than expected."

Daisy's eyes began to sparkle - becoming alive with the prospect that actually she had a chance to make it. "Really!?"

Twilight nodded. "Uh-uh! Of course! By the way, do you need a hairbrush?"

"A hairbrush?" Daisy tilted her head.

"Well, eheh...Your mane's a bit messy." She said.

Daisy's eyes shot open - and a hoof went to feel her mane - which was loose and flowing. "...M-My...My hairpin!" She yelped. "W--...Where is it!?"

"You must've lost it while we were running here." Scootaloo shrugged. "No worries - we'll get you a new one!"

"No! That..." Daisy grunted. "That hairpin was special, it blocked--...I mean, it was a gift from my mother!"

Twilight couldn't help but to release a smile of adoration and pity; which nearly made Chrysalis lose her disguise altogether from how angry it made her; eyes flashing green which Twilight, thankfully for her, wasn't able to quite catch.

"It's okay!" The alicorn smiled. "Why not come in and have the tour? I think we'll be able to cheer you up, and I should be able to get you one of my hairpins while we look for yours!"

Daisy gulped - cold sweat pouring down her forehead.

"I...Uhm...You know...One thing I should--..." Daisy coughed and cleared her throat. "...Excuse me for one second."

"Of course!" Twilight giggled.

With that - Daisy ran off as fast as her hooves could take her.

***

Daisy sighed. She refused to count the days. Was it even days? Or was it weeks? Was it maybe a month?

On and off she'd appear in Ponyville. That hairpin was one of her best trump cards - not only against the magical defenses of Twilight's Castle, but also Canterlot itself! How was she going to infiltrate the newly-established magic defenses, that so shamelessly utilized shards of her own throne, if her hairpin was missing!?

So she had to resort to doing her best as a changeling.

Another day, another attempt at getting her cutie mark - another way to comb over all of Ponyville. She had to admit - these Cutie Mark Crusaders weren't the brightest tools - according to her - but they were resourceful and adventurous. She didn't like or need those qualities - she just knew that with how many activities they did, sooner or later - surely she'd run into her precious hairpin?

Now, she walked towards the place where all the planning had occurred.

"Daaaisyyyyy!" Applebloom grinned from the treehouse, waving over. "Come on! We're gonna get your cutie mark today - and you got our guarantee! First we're gonna work on your scuba diving cutie mark, then your eating ten-million scoville peppers cutie mark, and then your chess-boxing cutie mark! Come on!"

"Hi girls! Coming." Daisy said through gritted teeth, and walked up the stairs to the treehouse.

Daisy sighed. This was becoming routine - to the point she practically lived in Ponyville by now.

She had no idea that this whole time, the glistening hairpin was used as an addition to the nest of a bird on the outskirts of the Everfree forest.

Of course - she'd recover it eventually, when the Cutie Mark Crusaders would attempt to go for Daisy's tree-climbing cutie mark.

Which would only pop up after the next 300+ activities they had planned, of course.

Comments ( 47 )

Me like, into my library you go!

Chrysalis? Some people are just...too stupid to make any plan work...

And I say that with all the love, affection, and support one can have, but...you're just...too dumb, sweetheart.

Nice story, I enjoyed reading this one! The idea of Chrysalis disguised as a filly and spending time with the CMC has a lot of potential... I could even see that becoming a redemption arc for Chrysalis if she started to genuinely appreciate the CMC's friendship, which presents a whole host of potential problems since she's not who she says she is.

I really like this one. Do you plan to continue on this, or will it stay a one shot?
Either way, good job and good writing…

11418205
This is Chrysalis when the CMCs are gonna get her CQC Cutie Marks.

...The CQCCMCs?

11418350
Me say thanks for adding to library!!!

11418500
Maybe it's stupidity for her - part of me thinks she's also just got an ego the size of a zeppelin.

11418538
Mhm! I did have other ideas for how to redeem Chrysalis - but maybe interacting with the CMCs might help get her even closer to opening herself to redemption. We've already seen her interact with the fillies in the comics (granted it was kidnapping...Foalnapping) - so I can totally imagine that a way to get her to soften up is just by spending more time with the CMCs. I also think because Chrysalis is a changeling queen who lives in her weird hive/nature, she may not be aware of a lot of things that ponies do - so doing a lot of activities with the CMCs might help her see what it's like to be a pony, and she might think that she missed out on a lotta things. Definitely some potential ideas to write about!

11418560
So this was written as a prompt entry with a short amount of time to write (relatively), and a 4K word cap. However as I wrote this I realized there's definitely a potential to make this story go on for a bit longer. So I think yes - this might be a fun project to return to in-between breaks of writing my main fic or contest entries. Just short comedy-based stories of Chrysalis vibing with the CMCs - which can maybe lead to a redemption arc of sorts.

11418591
Cool, I keep an eye on this…

This is my entry for the recent prompt in Bean's Writing Group! The prompt was "Chrysalis secretly lives as a pony in Equestria", but I kinda voided the bonus prompt.

Why did you decide to cancel this hint? it seems to me that many more people will be able to find this story if it is among others with a similar theme.

11418661
The bonus prompt was more so an optional thing, but both were related to writing POV's. I kinda figured that I wouldn't be able to do what I want or the way I want it, sooooo I kinda thought to just go for the main prompt itself.

11418591
I look forward to the sequel!! Chrysalis is my favorite mlp villain

Funny that three young, innocent fillies manages to do what the adult, trained officials have repeatedly failed over the years. Successfully prevent infiltration from the most cunning, shape-shifting villain in Equestria's history.

11419428
Eheheh, it's the ones you underestimate you gotta look out for.

At least Chrysalis has friends now? I hope. Would be terrifying if she somehow got a cutie mark out of all of this lol

This turned out better then expected and I am eager to read more of Chrysalis (mis)adventures with the CMC.

This was a cute story. Changeling mishaps always crack me up, especially if it's with the most villainous changeling of all.

Huk

Eh, Chrissie, Chrissie... when will you learn? You can beat Celestia, Twilight, and maybe even Starlight... but Cutie Mark Crusaders are way out of your league :rainbowlaugh:.

And by then Chrysalis could look at the hairpin and think... "Do I really need it?" and leave it to play with the crusaders and forget about her revenge against Twilight

11419788
Failed infiltration cutie mark!

11419814
Thank youuu! The comments here are quite motivating, so I'll maybe post some more of this when I can muster up the time!

11419965
It comes from the trope that for some reason, something always has to go wrong in disguise-based infiltration. Can't really recall a lot of media with successful disguise infiltration all that easily!

11419968
Forget the Elements of Harmony or the Pillars; the CMCs are basically the only true saviors Equestria has.

11420000

It was Twilight's plan all aloooong~

...Well, not really - but fate truly can be interesting!

Huk

11420014

Yup! they're unbeatable! ... literally, I mean. The PG rating would not allow anyone to beat them up :rainbowlaugh:

11418500
(sigh) yeah...but at least she's cute.

There is nothing about this story I didn't like.

11419788
I prefer the idea that having the opportunity to draw a cutie mark for herself at any time, she will deliberately leave her side empty so that her adventures do not end.

given that the former queen raised her hive in a peculiar way in the past, can Chrysalis awaken "maternal instinct" during her adventures with children?
at least doing something new every day seems more fun than sitting on a throne all the time and issuing the same type of commands.

11420015
Twilight can't think for that long... It was maybe Celestia or Discord... Or maybe Megan Williams the human from G1

A leap of just a couple meters of course - but with the water came relief; as the smell of her changeling pheromones was worn off, and the bees buzzed off.

Bee pun, ha.

Daisy, upon hearing the news, shot Sweetie Belle a glare. Yet; the fact wasn't...too awful. At-least the fillies hadn't planned on hurting her...much.

The CMC in a nutshell.

I love the idea of the heroes inadvertently foiling the bad guy through kindness...even when the bad guy isn't that appreciative.

It's too bad she never thought to place a locator charm on it, 😈

And today's a special day because Princess Twilight Sparkle is gonna have a tour in her castle - so if your special talent involves castle architecture, magical archeology, labyrinth design, castle trap design, or going on tours - then this is the best chance we've got!

:twilightoops:: "I don't even have any traps installed!"
:applecry: :scootangel: :unsuresweetie:: "Awww..."
:rainbowhuh:: "Yeah, how could you? A castle without traps is simply boring."
:facehoof:: "And you simply read too many Daring Doo books."

She scoffed once the fillies turned away. How difficult could it be - just for a little bit of infiltration?

I can already see her covered on tree sap...

"See? You were never in any danger, Daisy! I just thought this was the best way to coax the cutie mark out!"

Chrysalis: "Congratulations, you brats just managed to climb up on my revenge list."


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.

At the end I expected Twilight had actually known all the time and was merely toying with her, hoping to reform her this way.


11419428
Better get used to it, because that's how Equestria works. Somehow...

11420283
Eeee! Thank you so much!

11420444
It's an interesting thought - part of me thinks she still feels hurt over losing her hive so it might be something she yearns for - to have a motherly role again.

11422015
It's a fun trope, eheh!

11422285
She was way too hyped over the plan, of course. What a ditz.

11422827
Twilight would be able to usurp Celestia's #1 spot as Equestria's biggest troll if she pulled that off!

That was a good story.

11431699
Thank you!!!

"Pleaaaaaaaase! I promise it's not dangerous, and I promise it's not gonna involving anything risky! All it is is gonna be just a bit of gardening!" Applebloom softly whined in a pleading manner...

Gardening? Like mandrakes in Harry Potter?

Login or register to comment