• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 6,582 Views, 4,164 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 5 - TDR



The continuation of Puppy-verse encompassing season 5 of MLP

  • ...
35
 4,164
 6,582

PreviousChapters Next
Hearth Stone Breakers, Part Three

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 5
By TDR

Hearth Stone Breakers,
Part Three

[Ponyville, Hearths Warming. Newly constructed Neighlantis embassy]


“No.” Aria stated flatly.

“But it's CHRISMAHANUKWANZAKAH!!!” Sonata pleaded.

“Wrong world dear.” Discord pointed out.

Sonata stopped a moment and considered.

“Then it's Hearth-a-Nest-a-Yule-a-Nino-a-LastFruit-a-MidSnow!!”Sonata listed before adding. “-A-.”

“What?” Aqua questioned.

“Pony, Griffon, Elk, Seapony, Nox-Cal, Buffalo.” Sonata explained.

“She is decidedly your daughter.” Aqua sighed as Discord beamed proudly.

“Look. Sparkles not here, and since we're paroled to her I'm not going any where.” Aria sighed.

“But I wanna see the decorations...” Sonata pouted.

“Look, you can go if you want, if any one asks, I'll cover for you.” Aria sighed.” To be fair I don't even think any one would care much, The Mayor was more annoyed at Twilight pushing her community service time off one some one else than anything. “

“But we've always celebrated together.” Sonata whined.

“Yeah well, it's changed this year whether we like it or not. Still there's nothing stopping you from coming back after seeing the kelp lights and stuffing your face full of poffins. Not like I can really swim at the moment any way.” Aria shifted her fore leg that was still in a sling. “ Seriously go have fun and don't worry about me.”

Sonata stared at Aria.

“Aria. Is there a reason your father keeps trying to offer you a radio?” Aqua questioned.

Aria blinked and looked back at Discord who was grinning like a fool and holding a fancy looking radio.

“ What...... oh that. Ugh of course you remember that. A basic radio isn't going to burn water. It's not even efficient you have to put more power in than you get out.” Aria grumbled.

“But, but, you said....” Discord pouted.

“I said maybe.. for Christmas.” Aria corrected.

“It is Christmas!” Discord huffed.

“No it isn't, it's... whatever Sonata said.”

“Hearth-a-Nest-a-Yule-a-Nino-a-LastFruit-a-MidSnow!!” Sonata provided.

“Right thanks. See,” Aria sighed. ”Not Christmas.”

“But....” Discord whined.

“No.”

“Fine.” Discord pouted.

“I'm not sure what I am happier about. The fact you tricked your father some how, or that you are not doing what he wanted.” Aqua offered.

[ Pie rock farm]

There was a flash of light and a soft popping sound.

“Alright I've got a bag of bacon potatoes.” Twilight offered hefting the bags as she approached her small group after the teleport.

“Gimi gimi!” Sunset squeed.

“Calm down. Chicken Alfredo..” Twilight offered handing over the bag to Applebloom raising her eyebrow at the order.

“Don't yah judge me.” Applebloom huffed.

“Right So anything happen while I was gone?” Twilight asked opening her own food to begin scarfing it down. She was still mad they didn't have any ketchup.

“Dunno about the others, but Spike's in a food coma after Maud kept asking him what certain rocks tasted like.” Sunset offered.

“And did you keep an eye on Mac and Marble?” Twilight questioned.

“Yeah, that was weird.” Applebloom pointed out.

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Then it got weirder when Rahs got involved.” Applebloom added.

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Bark.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Bark”

“ Of course if their goal was tah drive Limestone mad, it worked”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Bark.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Eeyup.”

“Bark”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“I'm kinda surprised at you Twilight.” Sunset offered gulping down half her food like she was starving.” Another mare is with Big Mac and you're not freaking out.”

“It's fine. I trust Mac. I only get upset if the mare after him is the super insistent or flirtatious sort.” Twilight offered.

“No you don't, you see any mare git near um and yah blow up like a psychotic pyro” Applebloom accused.” Yah need tah calm down.”

“Seriously, you do. There's only room in Ponyville for one psychotic pyro, and that's me.” Sunset offered ignoring the other two looking at her with a hint of worry.

“So how'd yah meet Iggy here any way?” Granny Smith asked.

“We were chosen by the Pairing Stone and betrothed within a fortnight.” Cloudy offered.

“The choosing stone decreed, "Thou shalt love one another." And lo, it was so.” Igneous stated.

“Hoo-wee, I gots to look into this oldfangled choosin' stone thing. You reckon it knows any apple-farmin' hunks?” Granny Smith cackled.

“Indeed so.” Igneous agreed.

“Mmm “ Cloudy added.

“Must be somethin to it too given yah got four daughters outta what tha stone told yah.” Granny nodded.

Igneous and Cloudy spared a short worried glance to each other.

“Indeed.” Cloudy stated.

[That night]

“Can't believe ya didn't save me any food.” Granny Smith grumbled.” Ah'm still to pretty tah be wasting away from starvation.”

“We've gotta do somethin', y'all! Pinkie Pie's family never had a real Hearth's Warmin'!” Applejack muttered to the group with her.

“What really?” Granny Smith asked.” She tell yah that?”

“Nah but she described her whole thing and it's jus kinda weird. They hide the presents rather than give um out, and some years they don't even find tha gifts.” Applejack explained.

“Woof?” Rahs asked.

“I don't think it's a finance sort of thing, rock farming has always been very lucrative given how many things need specific crystals. Sure I bet the market dipped in the last few years thanks to the return of the Crystal Empire, but the demand for them is still higher than the supply.” Twilight explained.

“Even if it was that , it's not something easily brought up as it might be a sore spot.” Sunset shrugged.” We can ask Fluttershy later though if we need to.”

“These are prolly just their traditions.” Applebloom shrugged. “ They're weird, but that's cause we've used tah ours.”

“I know they have their traditions and we have ours, but I just want them to see how much better theirs could be.” Applejack offered. “Ah mean ah don't expect them to change up theirs, but maybe we ken bring some of what we do intah what they do. Particularly if we're family.”

The others looked at each other.

“Well that would mean we would have had to open the presents yesterday like we do.” Twilight offered.” We started doing that for Spike to try and spread his birthday as far from Hearths Warming as we could.”

“Urp.” Spike offered from where he had been rolled into the corner, the dragon having stuffed himself into a food coma on all the rocks and gems.

“Look ah ain't saying we should go all out, but at least a little bit tah show um how we do things as Apples.” Applejack offered.

“Ah suppose we ken try that out.” Granny agreed. ”Save's us from hauling all our extra luggage back ontah tha train.”

[Canterlot, Winter, Not long before Hearths Warming]

Celestia sighed sitting back in her throne.

“Alright every pony. Be ready.” Celestia muttered after Raven told her of the next petitioner.

The Guards around the room tensed and backed away from the throne to press against the walls.

Raven swallowed and darted off to the side diving behind a hastily built bunker.

A moment later the doors were kicked open and a pink alicorn stormed into the chambers.

“Oh Aunnnnntie...” Empress Cadence sing songed.

“And here we go.” Celestia sighed. “ Hello Cadence.”

“I need a word with you....”

“You're pregnant and so is Chrysalis and you want me to not do anything to her .” Celestia offered.

Cadence stumbled in her advance towards the throne, her whole rant derailed.

“How? What?” Cadence stammered.

“You're the third one today to come in. Shining Armor was first, then Twilight Velvet.”Celestia offered with a small smirk.

“What?! I told them to leave this to me.” Cadence huffed.

“Yes well, Twilight Velvet said the same thing.” Celestia shrugged. ”Would you like to at least offer up your threat?”

“Not much of a point now. I was just gonna use the fact I'm the goddess of love to take away your love of tea and cake.” Cadence huffed.

“Mmmm, credible threat.” Celestia nodded.

“Don't patronize me.” Cadence snapped and turned to storm out of the throne room slamming the doors behind her.

PreviousChapters Next