• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 6,578 Views, 4,164 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 5 - TDR



The continuation of Puppy-verse encompassing season 5 of MLP

  • ...
35
 4,164
 6,578

PreviousChapters Next
Hearth Stone Breakers, Part One

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season5
By TDR

Hearth Stone Breakers,
Part One

[ The Pie Family Farm]

Lights glittered from every surface, reflecting off the pure white snow and lighting up the multitude of crystals scattered around the yard turning the scene into a kaleidoscope of colors shifting and moving in an almost hypnotic pattern.

“This is beautiful.” Applejack gasped as the others nodded in agreement.

Spike however was rubbing the back of his head and glaring at his brother who had smacked him for trying to eat one of the crystals.

“Come on, every pony! Meet my super-mega-fun-derful family! Every pony, meet every pony! “Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

The front door to the house opened and a very earth tone series of ponies walked out, a brown stallion in a black hat, a gray mare with a pair of rather fancy looking glasses. A very angry looking grayish purple mare, and another gray mare that was half hidden behind the others, at least until Pinkie Pie pushed her forward.

“May Providence favor thee well, and to thou comfort our humble homestead bring. “ The stallion spoke.

“Umm well hello then.” Granny Smith offered.

“Surely thy name is not but Granny Smith. I am called Igneous Rock Pie, son of Feldspar Granite Pie.” the gray stallion spoke.

“Thou shalt know me as Cloudy Quartz.” The mare stated.

“Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie. Ma and Pa may own this rock farm, but I keep it running. Cross me and— “

“Aye aye, Captain Grumpy! No one's gonna mess with your precious mine!” Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes pushing her sister away from Applebloom and Spike..

“Or Holder's Boulder! “ Limestone snapped.

Pinkie Pie sighed darting across the lawn to point up at an ovoid shaped boulder sitting in the yard.

“Or Holder's Boulder.” Pinkie pointed it out. “There, you happy now.”

Twilight looked at the boulder a moment.” Actually that looks like an egg more than a geological formation....” Twilight offered.

“WHAT DID I JUST SAY!” Limestone snapped.

“I had considered that a few times before miss Twilight. But I don't know everything about rocks, yet.” Maud placated.

“ Woof?” Rahs asked offering a paw to the gray mare who Pinkie had pushed up before him.

“This is Marble Pie, my baby sister who's only a few minutes younger than me but she'll always be a baby to me, isn't that right? She's so excited to meet every pony! Oh, and she wishes you all a happy Hearth's Warming! “ Pinkie Pie added in chipperly.

There was a moment of expectant silence as everyone looked at the mare.

“Mmhmm...” Marble muttered.

“I suppose Pinkie does the talking for her.” Sunset muttered to herself getting a smirk but a shushing motion from Applejack.

“ Well okay .. But yes Ah'm Granny Smith. This is my Grandson Big Mac.”

The Pies all looked up to the towering stallion with draconic features.

“What prithee art thou feeding him?” Cloudy asked.

“Apples mostly.” Granny Smith Shrugged. ”This here's his mare friend Twilight Sparkle.”

“An alicorn?” Igneous blinked. ”Thou are not related to the dark one of the moon are you. She hast been insistent on learning mine mother's recipes.”

“No that's Princess Luna, I'm not a Princess.” Twilight stated.

“Actually...” Spike began.

“Finish that statement and I'll return all of your presents back to the store.” Twilight growled.

“Rude.” Spike huffed but he didn't finish.

“This here's my middle grand foal Applejack. She's got a bit of an issue bout magic though it ain't nothing tah worry bout. That orange one over there's Sunset Shimmer, my half sister, she and Applejack are currently feuding over tha big blue one there, Rahs Sparkle.”

“Charmed.”

“A moon dog?” Cloudy blinked.

“No, he's a moon... wait what?” Twilight asked. “Most ponies thing he's a Diamond Dog... how did you know he was a Moon Dog?”

“Umm, Pinkie told us?” Cloudy offered.

“Mmm.” Marble offered looking up at Rahs curiously.

“ Err so they're feuding over him?” Igneous asked changing the subject.

“They are with a couple of other ones.” Granny shrugged.” Not sure what anyone sees in im though.”

Rahs clutched his chest and gasped as if in shock at the insult.

He was ignored.

“This here's mai youngest Grand foal, Applebloom. And tha dragon fella with her is her colt friend, dragon friend, whatever.” Granny Smith offered.

“Not sure I am comfortable with a dragon around.” Igneous offered. “No offense.”

“None taken really, but trust me you'll want me around if these two idiots start something.” Spike Gestured to Rahs who stuck his tongue out at him and Twilight who just glared.

“ATTENTION!!” Pinkie Pie shouted zipping up to the top of Holder's Boulder.

“ WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE BOULDER!?” Limestone growled.

“That he was conflicted?” Sunset asked.

“What!? NO!”

“So the boulder is no longer conflicted.” Sunset nodded.

“What... PINKIE GET DOWN!”

“I'll just be a second. Every pony get settled in! There's plenty of room upstairs. And then it's time for Hearth's Warming Eve dinner! “

[Canterlot , Winter, Not long before Hearths Warming]

Shining Armor looked up at Princess Celestia, cricking his neck from side to side a little.

A few of the Guards around the throne room were wary as most of them expected another Chrysalis plot, particularly as Shining went through the usual channels to gain an audience with the other petitioners to come before Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia herself was regarding him warily as well.

“So what brings you here today Emperor?” Princess Celestia offered warily.

“Oh I'm not here in any official capacity Princess. So just Shining Armor works.” Shining placated. “ I mostly came down to visit my sister and brothers with my parents for a early Hearths Warming before they went off to the Pie family farm for Hearths Warming there.”

“And you're alright with that?” Princess Celestia raised an eyebrow.

“Not in the slightest, but I can't protest about Big Mac as much due to what he went and did, plus any protest against him would lead to me getting into an argument about Spike and Applebloom, and Rahs and AJ and Sunset with my mom. And no thank you to that.”

“Understandable, while I wish Sunset was going to be here for the holiday, that she is going to meet some of her extended family works as well I suppose.” Princess Celestia offered relaxing a little as this seemed to be Shining. “So what brings you here then?”

“Ahh, well, to put it simply Cadence and Chrysalis are both pregnant.” Shining offered. “My mom was more than ecstatic, insulting at points, but ecstatic.”

“Well congratulations, though I don't know why you needed to go through official channels for that.” Princess Celestia offered.

“Hmm? Oh no that wasn't just for that. As I said Cadence 'and' Chrysalis are pregnant. As such. You're going to stop this feud with Chrysalis until the foal is born. If she attacks you, ignore it. “ Shining Armor stated flatly.

“That sounded less like a request and more like an order Shining.” Princess Celestia frowned. ”Emperor or not you do not out rank me.”

“And I told you that I wasn't here as the emperor. What I say has nothing to do with the Crystal Empire.” Shining Armor stated still standing there calmly. “And it was less an order and more an ultimatum. Ignore anything Chrysalis does to you until the foal is born. Period.”

Celestia narrowed her eyes. ”Shining Armor, whom do you actually think you are to come before me to threaten me?”

Shining Armor seemed to consider a moment before offering a small smirk to the Princess of the Sun.

“Fuck around and find out.” Shining Armor stated flatly before he turned and trotted out of the court with the Guard and the Princess watching him leave in confusion and a good bit of worry.

Author's Note:

This episode is going to be longer than i wanted.

PreviousChapters Next