• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 6,582 Views, 4,164 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 5 - TDR



The continuation of Puppy-verse encompassing season 5 of MLP

  • ...
35
 4,164
 6,582

PreviousChapters Next
The Conjuration Map, Episode Two, Part One

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 5
By TDR

The Conjuration Map,
Episode Two,
Part One

[Our Town, Outskirts.]


Rahs was driving the two guards nuts.

The moon dog had yet to stop pacing at the edge of camp and was wearing a rut in the grass.

The two guards had watched for a while before the pegasus, Slipstream, got bored and took to the air to do some perimeter scouting, leaving the unicorn mare, Snowy Path, to watch the moon dog pace like a caged tiger.

Thankfully after a few minutes, or sixty three back and forths, the pegasus came back.

“Not much of note around here besides the town. I spotted an old mine further up on the ridge there, though the path leading to it doesn't look well used. There's another cave near the base of the valley that looks more traveled, but it was closer to the town than I wanted to get.” Slipstream reported. “I poked around the mine though, and found there's a few caves marked with signs along this side of the mountain. Most of them are faded but the one I could read marked it as Snow Drop Mine, number three.”

“Any sign of the company name?” Snowy Path asked pulling out a map.

“I think Snow Drop was the company name.”

“It's not marked on this map, but the name sounds familiar. Pretty sure Snow Drop is a mining group that still operates out of Manehatten. I'm gonna send a message back with the information, see if any of the others have heard of it.” Snowy Path offered, before writing out a note and sending off a message with her horn with a faint wince.

Rahs paused, and looked back at the mare as she rubbed her horn. His ears flicking an apology.

“You're fine, though I'm gonna head over here a bit more to make sure any responses come back easier.” the unicorn muttered.

Slipstream watched Rahs start pacing again, then glanced down to the town watching the locals finally seem to notice the bearers trotting into town.

“What are you worried about? Can't you just pop in there if there's any trouble?” the pegasus asked.

Rahs frowned and shook his head, his ears flicking a little.

“Resistance?” Slipstream questioned rubbing a hoof along his amber furred chin.” How is there resistance in a teleport?”

“According to the information he doesn't teleport, it's more like a dimension door, he steps into another world that allows him to move faster, and then steps out where he wants to be.” Snowy Path offered.

Rahs raised an eyebrow questioning at the Unicorn Guard.

“Don't give me that look. Do you not think the Ponyville Guard wouldn't have a record sheet for every notable individual in town. You and your siblings have a whole file cabinet drawer on your own. We all had to study that before we were reassigned to Ponyville.” Snowy path stated. ”Seems Slipstream here just didn't read that part.”

“It's a lot of big technical magicy words.” The pegasus protested.” Besides I'm still stuck on the file cabinet sized notes for the Crusaders. There's no way three little fillies could have done that much.”

“One's the daughter of the Captain of the Wonderbolts, and her second. Ones an Apple apprenticing to a Zebra Shaman. And ones parents are RED, and that same one is is officially Princess Luna's little sister.”

“Yeah that sums it all up nicely.” Slipstream sighed. “Is it too late to change my posting?”

Rahs shook his head patting the pegasus on the back.

[Our Town]

“Welcome..”

“Welcome.”

“Welcome.”

“I now dub this place, uncanny valley.” Twilight muttered.

“Do you have the power to do that?” Rarity asked.

“I will find a way.” Twilight shuddered offering a small nod to another 'Welcoming' pony.

“This is a very pleasant place.” Fluttershy giggled.

“So much for adventure, thanks, map.” Rainbow Dash grumbled.

“Welcome. Pardon my forwardness, but are you an alicorn?” a blue gray unicorn stallion asked, his smile wide enough that the girls could see the town had a decent dentist if nothing else.

“Ummm... yes?” Twilight agreed eyeing the pony cautiously.

“So what brings you to town?” A pure white earth pony stallion with the same smile and very similar mane cut asked as he trotted up.

“We're not exactly sure.” Twilight admitted.

“I see.” the white pony nodded. “ Well all are welcome here in our little village. I'm Double Diamond and this is Party Favor.

“Well howdy. Ah'm Applejack, this here's Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle.”

“Ahh, well and you all have your own unique cutie marks.” Double Diamond pointed out.

“Is he looking at my butt?” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“If you don't mind me asking. Has there been any sort of … trouble here recently?” Twilight asked.

“Trouble? I don't think we've ever had any trouble in our little community.” Double Diamond considered.

“Seriously? No big centaur guy stomping around draining magic?” Rainbow Dash demanded.

“Can't say I've seen any one like that.” Double Diamond considered.” We don't get that many visitors out here. Perhaps you'd care to speak with out founder, Starlight Glimmer.”

“She's here?” Twilight blinked.

“Oh yes. Her house is right here at the end of the road.” Double Diamond gestured to the odd house at the end of the road before he started towards it.” Come on, I'll introduce you.”

“This place is very friendly.” Fluttershy smiled.

“This place is very wrong. Somethings rotten in Our Town, not our town, our town of Ponyville but this place called Our Town out here... though given Ponyville's track record there might be something rotten there too. I think I forgot to put the eggs away ….” Pinkie rambled.

The stallion rapped lightly on the door of the house. “Starlight. We have some new visitors.”

“Be ready, anything could come through that door.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

The door opened and a lilac furred unicorn mare stepped out looking the group over, her purple eyes settling on Twilight. Her dark purple with light blue streaked mane was done up a bit fancier than the other mares they had seen in town and she didn't have the vest that made Rarity wince, but her cutie mark was exactly the same as the others.

“Welcome. I'm so pleased to have you here.” Starlight smiled.

“This is Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash , and Twilight Sparkle.”

“Forgive my bluntness but I'm assuming it's Princess Twilight Sparkle?” Starlight questioned.

“I'm not a princess!!” Twilight snapped.

“Ignore that, it's a bit of a hot topic with her dear.” Rarity offered.

“Err right, sorry, we don't get many alicorns out here.” Starlight continued eyeing Twilight warily. ”Sooo how did you hear of our little village?”

“It's kind of a long and confusing story, let's just say we found a map.” Twilight sighed.

“Well, however you found us, we're happy to have you! We're happy to have any pony who want's to experience true friendship for the first time.” Starlight explained.

“Say what” Applejack questioned.

“Oh, indeed. That's what's so unique about our village, you see. Around here, we don't flaunt our special talents because we don't have any special talents to flaunt.” Starlight continued.

“Is that what's going on with the cutie-marks?” Twilight questioned.

“Perhaps it would be easier to understand if I gave you a tour of the village!” Starlight offered.

The six of them blinked as a odd drum cadence started up from somewhere.

[Ponyville]

“What the hell!?” Sunset demanded.

“I don't understand the context of that query.” The tree responded.

“Okay, what the Tartarus?”

“I still do not understand. What does that phrase even mean?”

“It's slang!” Sunset pointed out. ”Common slang at that.”

“Miss Shimmer I was only born a week ago. How much slang do you think I could learn in that time?” the tree protested.

“Yeah I suppose you're right on that...... wait a minute.” Sunset frowned. “Are you messing with me? You've got a pretty complex vocabulary for something born a week ago.”

“Define,' Messing with me.”

“GAH!!”

[Our Town]

“Well.... I now know how Sombra feels about random songs like that.” Rarity shuddered.

“I'm more worried she expects us to give up our cutie marks.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“She does seem rather convinced they are a bad thing for some reason.” Twilight sighed.” Though I have serious doubts that we were sent here to join this town.”

“There's no need to be so suspicious. They do seem to be rather happy with their choice.” Fluttershy offered.

“Don't believe the smiles Shy.” Pinkie growled.

“What in tha world is a false promise of a cutie mark. This whole thing is weird.” Applejack muttered.

“It seems we have a bit of another issue. We are being watched.” Rarity offered, the others trying not to notice the plethora of purple eyes that opened in her mane to watch in all directions at once, thankfully they weren't that noticeable past a certain distance. “Not only is Double Diamond hanging close but there are quite a number of other ponies watching us and trying to stay out of sight or pretend they are not.”

“How many?” Twilight questioned.

“Most of the town is, though they are being blatant, some are trying to pretend they are not.” Rarity grumbled the eyes fading before she whipped around to a shop and the stallion there pointing a hoof at something on display..” Oh my stars. WHAT. IS. THAT!?”

“It's the local fashion. We have cloaks this month!” the stallion announced.

“Wha— Ooh, er, perhaps another time, good sir, thank you. “ Rarity shuddered muttering to herself.” No wonder most of them aren't wearing anything.”

“Ah can't believe we ran to the end of Equestria before we even knew what that map was.” Applejack sighed.

“If we were at the end of Equestria, we'd be sitting on a big 'A'! “ Pinkie chimed up. “Get it?”

“Pinkie Pie this is hardly the time for jokes.” Rarity huffed.

“It is always time for jokes.” Pinkie nodded solomly.

“Yes well, why were we even sent out here?” Rarity asked as the group took seats around a table out side what they expected was a cafe.

“Well something is clearly wrong here.” Twilight muttered.

“Way to state the obvious Twi.” Rainbow Dash sighed.

“Is this a bad time?” A mare asked as she walked up to the table to take their order.

[ Ponyville]

“ Okay... now is everything settled, or can I expect more bullshit after I explained slang, swearing, and phrasing?” Sunset growled.

“I think so fucker.”

“What did I say about the appropriate timing?” Sunset snapped.

“Sorry.”

“Right. Now then. I have some questions of my own.” Sunset sighed. “ First off why did you send the others to that little town on the map?”

“Because something is wrong there.” the table replied.

“What's wrong there?”

“I do not know.”

“What?” Sunset demanded.

“I do not know what is wrong there. I only know the ones I sent are the best ones to solve the issue. Rahs going might alter that some how though and I am no longer certain if it can be solved.”

“How do you mean.”

“I can pin point a problem to a fairly small area of a quarter of a mile. I do not know what the problem is only that it is something that cannot be solved with out outside interference.” the table offered.

“Hmmm. A disruption in harmony perhaps?” Sunset offered.

“Yes. That sounds correct. “

“Okay that makes a bit of sense given whose seed you sprouted from. I guess Harmony wanted a bit more insurance.” Sunset considered. “There's precedent for that sort of prediction with the zebra god Velkorn, Pinkie's Pinkie sense, and Rahs' dramatic timing.”

“I also have a vague understanding of who would be best suited to go. Which may be a problem as I do not think Rahs was supposed to go with them.” the tree table offered, there didn't seem to be any one source of where the tree spoke from and while it bugged Sunset, she was trying not to dwell on the fact she was sitting inside a sentient creature, tree or not.

“Alright. Well, we'll have to see how that turns out. But now for the most important question.” Sunset nodded.

“What is that?”

“Are you interested in trying to date Rahs? Cause there are already far too many and I don't want another one.” Sunset demanded.

“I'm a tree.” the table responded.

“At this point something like that hardly seems to matter.” Sunset snapped.

Author's Note:

This took way longer than i liked and it's another one i'm not happy with. I followed the episode too much i think. Still next chapter was supposed to be the last one of this episode and it's not.

PreviousChapters Next