• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 6,576 Views, 4,163 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 5 - TDR



The continuation of Puppy-verse encompassing season 5 of MLP

  • ...
35
 4,163
 6,576

PreviousChapters Next
Alakazam's Most Wanted, Part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 5
By TDR

Alakazam's Most Wanted,
Part 2

[ Ponyville, Seshat]

“Why am I here again?”Saturnia sighed glancing between Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

“Simple, I'm looking to study the changeling transfer thing that your mother used to give me the portfolios of the princesses.” Twilight spoke up. “I'm thinking it may help with figuring something out with the familiar spell.”

“Umm.” Saturnia narrowed her eyes, having been warned a few times to avoid Twilight when she was studying something.

“If you help Twilight with this, she'll use it on her brother and helping the eldest Sparkle sibling will get you points with Rahs.” Sunset sighed.

“So what do you need?” Saturnia stated immediately.

“I need to understand how changelings do something like that.” Twilight offered.

“They can't” Saturnia pointed out.

“Hold on, I've experienced it first hoof...”Twilight frowned.

“No no. A regular changeling cannot transfer power, they can do a bit with energy as it fits in with the feeding, detecting, and siphoning emotions. But that just at best adds up to a jolt of energy like a triple strength coffee, or a burst of emotion, or the love honey some can produce.” Saturnia explained.

“Love honey?” Sunset asked.

“There are bug like traits changelings have, mothers in particular produce love honey rather than milk to feed their offspring. It contains both emotion of love as well as actual nutrients to help the pupa grow. “Saturnia explained further. “It has a rather .. interesting effect on non changelings as well, but it's rather hard to gather in large quantities for obvious reasons.”

“Alright, back to the power transfer.” Twilight stated.

“Yes, that's something mother can do because she's the god of change, and changing a gods portfolio to another god is still change. That's why she was able to move the princesses powers to you.” Saturnia offered. “I can do that to a limited degree, but in my case it's mostly moving the magical energy from one subject to another. There's no other changeling who can do even that, and I suspect I only have that ability because I'm a demi god.”

“Hmmm, still it's something to look into just in case. I might need to study this ability of yours later.” Twilight considered.

“Yeah, that should be for another day though Twilight, better to have your brother here in case of any mishaps.” Sunset offered standing up from the table. “Besides I need to talk with her any way.”

“Remember the rules.” Twilight offered.

“Talk does not mean set on fire.” Sunset snapped, her ears drooping a bit as Twilight and Saturnia both stared at her in disbelief. ”Most of the time.”

[ Appleoosa, Woods.]

A flash of lightning cuts across the sky with a massive peal of thunder that seems to shake the very trees around them.

“Meh, I give it a four.” Spike offered.

“A four?” Firefly asked, Scootaloo having yelped at the crack of thunder and immediately clung to the disguised changeling.

The other girls and Spike were not going to say a damn thing about Scootaloo getting scared on something, as they didn't want a shouting match, and Firefly wasn't going to complain that his filly friend was clinging to him.

Of course he wasn't sure how he even got a filly friend, but he just rolled with it.

“Yeah, given where we are and everything else, the fact it's starting to get dark while we're hunting for a bad guy, the storm is just dramatic overkill. This would have been a much more tense encounter if it was just dark, with odd noises coming from the trees. “ Spike explained.” A storms going to drive off most of the possible threats and now we're probably gonna find our guy in his hide out, off guard because what idiot comes out in a storm? Actually that might work in our favor.”

“I don't think real life works following dramatic timing and story.” Firefly frowned.

“You would be surprised.” Spike nodded sagely.

“Come on you guys, ah found another giant hoof print.” Applebloom stated.

“ What does that make. Three over the whole trip? Does this guy float?” Sweetiebelle asked.

“What worries me is the size of the hoof prints.” Spike frowned. ”Any luck yet Firefly?”

“Hmm.” The changeling colt considered looking around.

“There's a couple of content bears over that way. I think they are bears, the emotions are simple and not too filling. I can feel something akin to... depression? I think, that way.” Firefly pointed a hoof, now that Scootaloo had untangled herself from him and was trying to pretend she hadn't been scared.

The others continued to ignore it.

“Alright, so we go that way.” Applebloom nodded.

[ Ponyville, Le- ho Foxes]

“So what is it you want?” Saturnia asked regarding Sunset with a bit of worry. She hadn't had too much interaction with the other demigod. To be asked to lunch by the mare was quite worrying. Still she had heard the beet chow mein in this place was delicious.

Sunset snapped a pair of chopsticks apart expertly guiding them with a hoof to gather noodles. Saturnia didn't even try to figure out how she knew how to do that, even the changeling had to take a form with fingers to use chopsticks.

“It's fairly simple. I want to make a deal.” Sunset explained as she clicked the sticks and gathered up the noodles, the kitsune shop keep was a little surprised that the pony ordered a meat dish with chicken.

“A deal?”

“Yep.” Sunset offered slurping a noddle. “The two of us are the ones who are going to be around the longest as such we are the ones who are likely going to have the best chance of hooking up with Rahs. Even if it's after some one else dies of old age. As such I'd like to make a deal with you.”

“And what might that be?” Saturnia asked gathering a forkful of food.

“Simple, the two of us don't fight each other. Hell, we might even be able to team up and ensure that we get him by working together.“ Sunset offered before downing another bundle of noodles from her chopsticks. “It's not as if something like that is unprecedented with the Sparkles, look at Cadence, Shining Armor, and Chrysalis. Maybe it's something sort of ingrained into their heads?”

“Neither Spike nor Twilight have more than one they are interested in.” Saturnia pointed out.” And besides, my mother and her mess are a special case.”

“Not hardly. There's quite a few gods out there with multiple partners, granted not many of them are married to any of them, but still.” Sunset offered. “Besides I expect you'd be willing to share if you get what you want. I may not be into mares that much, but if it takes something like that to ensure victory, I'm down.”

Saturnia frowned a little as she ate, not liking the fact the fire bug was making sense.

“Heck, it seems to work out well enough for your mom, and the married couple.” Sunset offered.” I mean, what does you dad think of that, or is he still around?”

“She is quite enamored with the arrangement.” Saturnia sighed. “Cadence is my sire.”

Sunset paused a moment tilting her head a little before she swallowed what was in her mouth.

“Cadence is your father?”

“Yes. And yes, I know it's weird....”

“Pfft, welcome to the club, Celestia isn't my mom.” Sunset chuckled.

“What? Wait....” Saturnia blinked.

“Yeah, Cadence had to have learned that spell from somewhere.” Sunset offered with a shrug.

“Eww.”

“No kidding.” Sunset agreed as she considered. “Huh. I just thought of another reason for the two of us to join forces.”

“And what's that?” Saturnia questioned taking a moment to get back to her food.

“Think of how pissed off Chrysalis and Celestia would be if the two of us worked together, let alone their reaction if we win and the pair of them suddenly become related by marriage.” Sunset grinned.

Saturnia considered, then laughed at that.” Alright, I do like that mental image. We'll work out the details, but you have a deal Sunset Shimmer.”

“Sweet. Then maybe you can help me with this other spell I've just seen in action, Rahs seemed to enjoy the result of it so I'd like to duplicate it.......”

[Crystal Empire]

Cadence frowned, standing on the balcony of the rebuilt palace staring southward.

“Shenanigans are at hoof.” Cadence uttered as she narrowed her eyes.

“Get back in here already or close the door, you're letting out the heat.” Chrysalis shouted.

[ Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapleoosa, woods]

“I don't suppose you know where we are?” Sweetiebelle sighed.

“There's too many random jolts of fear from all the animals every time there's lightning or thunder. Every things drown out, and we're too far from town for me to feel that.” Firefly sighed.

“Great.” Applebloom sighed.

“It's not that bad. Soon as the rain lets up Scootaloo can fly up over the trees and either spot the town or the mountains and we know to head north from them to get back to town.” Spike explained.” Our biggest issue now is finding some place to shelter from this mess.”

“How about that?” Scootaloo pointed out from her new perch half wrapped around Firefly.

The group looked to where she was pointing and in a flash of lightning they could see an old gypsy cart broken down under a tree.

“What was that about real life not working by following dramatic timing and story?” Spike asked.

“Stuff it lizard.” Firefly sighed as the rain poured down on the group.

PreviousChapters Next