• Published 30th Jan 2021
  • 6,576 Views, 4,163 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 5 - TDR



The continuation of Puppy-verse encompassing season 5 of MLP

  • ...
35
 4,163
 6,576

PreviousChapters Next
Brother Hooves Shazam

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 5
By TDR

Brother Hooves Shazam

[ Manehatten]

“If I would have known a cutie-mark would lead to forced manual labor, I would have tried harder to avoid getting one.” Sombra grumped as his magic held up some boards for Rahs to hammer into place.

“Ahh quit yer grousing, yah do more work in yer forge than yah've done here.” Applejack fussed.

“Yes, but I enjoy that.” Sombra grumbled. “I expected this would be some sort of problem that could be taken care of with a bit of quick violence. Not weed pulling and rebuilding a stage.”

Sombra had been rather careful not to insult the rundown old outdoor theater.

Particularly with Rahs there.

The god of theater had set paw on the ground of the theater and had frozen in place in some sort of trance for a good five minutes. The moment he was out of it however he was off and bounding everywhere around the old stage revealing a hidden old storage area, then he had drawn up the full layout of the stage and the outbuildings as well as the park itself as if having perfect memory of how it looked new.

Sombra had heard of some gods communing with what they represented at times, though this was the first time he had ever seen anything like it.

He was also doing his best to not piss of Rahs as only a fool would challenge a god on their holy ground.

Certainly a god could gain power from a thing, like being in the shadows or the sun being out. But if a god had a portfolio that was a location, such as Aqua and the ocean or Troph in Tartarus, they were neigh unstoppable in those locations.

Rahs was the god of theater, and this was a theater.

Sombra would have sooner wished to fight with Pinkie Pie.

“Woof.” Rahs pointed out gesturing to the stage canopy that was set up.

“He's got a point.” Applejack offered ripping out another bushel of weeds. “Aside from Twilight, yer tha only unicorn who doesn't get headaches from using a lot of magic around us. We prolly couldn't finish this as quick without yah.”

“Hrumph.”

“ Well we got this place starting tah look pretty good. Nice tah see yah can actually do some work when you got motivation.” Applejack snarked at Rahs.

“Hrumph.”

“Don't copy me.” Sombra growled.

“Still feels kinda silly that this is what we were all sent here for. Doesn't seem all that important...”

Rahs clutched his chest drawing in a sharp high pitched gasp of shock at that statement.

“You know what ah mean!” Applejack huffed. “After that first mission ah agree with Sombra, ah thought we'd be fighting something.”

Rahs paused a moment to consider then gestured to the over grown mess of the park.

“Woof?”

“No. A don't think tha weeds count, though they are annoying.” Applejack offered.

[Ponyville]

“Soooo this … this is a thing that's happening?” Scootaloo asked.

“You know. I would make a lewd joke here, but that's Big Mac in a dress and Twilight is in earshot. “ Rainbow Dash muttered. “I ain't saying shit.”

“Did... did he forget that Sunset exists and could have taken Applejack's place?” Firefly asked the changeling colt having come to see Scootaloo preform in the game. He was currently in a form that seemed a colt version of Scootaloo's colors only reversed.

“Sunset is teaming up with me since technically I'm her aunt. And that counts for the sign up.” Sweetiebelle stated. “But that's only because Rarity got called away and Luna is too busy so she suggested Sunset.”

“Glad to know I'm number three on your list.” Sunset huffed. ”Auntie.”

“Mai life is ruined.” Applebloom groaned.” Years from now ah'm going to be talking to mai therapist and this repressed trauma is gonna come up and they'll put me in a jacket that allows me to hug maiself.”

“It's not that bad.” Spike offered.

“How is mai brother dressing up like a mare and pretending tah be mai cousin in tha most easily seen through disguise ever, not bad?” Applebloom demanded.

“Oh not that. The straight jacket. They are very comfortable.” Spike corrected.

“What?” Applebloom blinked in confusion.

“Keep in mind who his siblings are.” Rainbow Dash pointed out. “Can you honestly tell me that you don't think there are personalized straight jackets out there for all of them?”

“Also his sister helped with Big Mac's makeup.” Scootaloo offered.

“Is that why it's so awful?” Firefly asked.

“Twilight doesn't do makeup.” Spike agreed.” But, every pony knows Twilight helped him get ready for this. And not a single one of them is stupid enough to call him on it in earshot of Twilight.”

“If he wanted tah spend more time with me there are plenty of other options.” Applebloom muttered.

“He's been hanging around Twilight, Rahs, and Pinkie Pie too much.” Sunset offered. “This is clearly the most over the top dramatic way about this that any one could think of. Honestly if Rahs didn't get called away I bet he'd try something like this.......”

“Picturing Rahs in a dress huh?” Rainbow Dash grinned as Sunset trailed off.

“Oh yes.” Sunset purred.” And I don't know why that interests me so much.”

“I have pictures for sale still with him in a dress.” Spike exclaimed, “Both in pony form and moon dog form.”

“How much?” Sunset demanded.

“How are you okay with this?” Applebloom demanded.

“You have to make the trauma work for you.”Spike stated with a grin. “How else do you think I can buy all the game stuff I have?”

[Manehatten]

“..... so if I was youze I would suggest youze purchase our fine insurance policy. Would hate fer there tah be any sort of accident to youze lovely stage.” the gruff looking pony offered.

Rahs raised an eyebrow at the group of six toughs who stood around the speaker.

He turned his head to look at Sombra who returned the look.

The pair of them looked back to Applejack who frowned as she looked between both of them before sighing.

“Quick question, do any of yah know what a Sparkle is?” Applejack asked.

“Isn't that that Japony cleaning product?” the largest goon asked after a moment of the ponies looking confused.

Applejack sighed. “ Whelp, every pony's got tah learn sometime. Y'all two have fun, but don't take too long we got a lot of work tah do.”

Rahs smiled.

Sombra smiled.

The mobsters did not smile.

[Ponyville]

Amber Waves and Purple Mountains sat on the bleachers , several empty bottles of Berry Punch's 'Special blend' laying empty between the two mares as they tried to finish off another few bottles to wipe the event from their memory.

For the third year in a row the event was trashed.

And there were no participating Princesses this time.

Between Big Mac having the grace of a freight train, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's over exuberant 'have to win' mentality, and Sunset 'if fire doesn't solve your problems, you're not using enough of it' Shimmer, there wasn't much left of the events.

That wasn't even taking into account Twilight's reactions to any one who got too interested in 'Cousin Orchard Blossom'.

The two sisters were quite certain this event was cursed. And yet, ponies kept signing up every year.

The list for those interested for next year was even longer after this years events.

The pair sighed and knocked back another bottle each. That was their future selves problem.

Author's Note:

Sure the last few chapters were filler , but that's cause i'm still setting up the important episodes.

PreviousChapters Next