• Published 25th Jan 2020
  • 1,438 Views, 32 Comments

Changeling With You - alCROWholic



After an unfortunate accident leads to an infected bite on his right arm - displaced human Franz must make nice with Queen Chrysalis, or lose his original body forever.

Comments ( 7 )

So he isn't going to actually do anything to help himself, just let them use him until he is turned into a changeling and is made an abused slave to Chrysalis? Given changelings have generally show to be untrustworthy and the ones he is putting homself at the mercy of have proved themselves hostile for no good reason, it looks like he is deliberately fucking himself over. There's no reason to believe them, or that this isn't something they're setting up to pull on him. Why wouldn't he just go to a mahor hospital and reveal the changelings and what they did to him? The fact that they can do this to him is something that should be known and him refusing any avenues of treatment is just screwing himself, and the sooner he gets professional treatment the sooner people can figure out how to counteract it in voth him and others.

The one flaw with this story is the protagonist makes himself plain unsympathetic by his actions, or lack thereof. Basically that when faced with the main conflict instead of doing something he submits to it making the story about he fails because he never tried adoing something.

10292814
I'm going to be real man, usually I don't mind negative comments (I find them helpful most of the time) but you doing this every chapter is getting old fast.

You do not know this story yet - we have barely gotten past the prologue. At what point do I imply that he'll become a "slave to Chrysalis?" They very clearly have an adversarial relationship. I don't think I can make it much clearer that Franz does not like or trust her. Your comment suggests that you didn't even really read this chapter, because it explains why he can't just "report the changelings to the hospital." He did explain everything to the doctor, they don't know how to fix it, meaning that his only present choice is to try and find the changeling for chrysalis because she might know.

You are projecting your own worst case scenario onto this story and then criticising me for it. None of these things you've invented are going to happen. They were never planned to happen, and won't happen because you keep insisting they will. Franz is not going to just go along with everything Chrysalis says, but he also is not going to storm around and ruin everything like he's an omnipotent god who knows everthing, because he's a character in a story. He doesn't know everything, and he has his own way of doing things. It wouldn't be much of a story in Franz immediately jumped to the most rational and correct solution to his problem, if there even is one in this case.

Hint, there isn't. There is no easy way out. That's the entire point. Franz is going to have to make hard choices about who to become enemies with, and how much of his principles he's willing to sacrifice. If you hate the story so much because he doesn't immediately become doomguy and slaughter them by the hundred, then I think it's about time you moved on.

Nice to see an update on the story again, can't wait to see how it will keep spreading, I am hoping he will go in a cocoon to complete the transformation.

Also are you looking for a cover art?

Interesting. So far its in interesting story. You caught my interest and I think ill stay with this for a while. I do have a piece of writing advice. Your making a common beginning writer mistake. Over using a word. Its usually a name and in your case it is one. The mistake is something like this. Bob grabbed bobs hammer and went to bobs house where he sat on his couch." Your not as bad as that, but you do severely overuse the name "Franz" way too often when "he", "the human", "the man", "the writer'/producer" etc, would work just as well.

Thats really the only major issue I see.

Keep up the good work.

The Monk
“Winona let out a bark and immediately ran up to Armor and started licking his muzzle, tail wagging like she was promised cake if she did it enough.” -Snakeskin Ducttape

Is another chapter of this forthcoming any time soon?

Don seems like a chill guy, Franz really handled him we.

Now if only he could handle his damn changeling issue better! The premise is real freaking interesting, not gonna lie, but with this being incomplete, it's hard not to judge based on these few chapters.

Franz is more affected than we thought. Don basically outright told him Buzz and the tourist are one and the same, yet he insists they're not. How is he so certain-- wait, he does know that changelings change, right? Right!?
Very curious that the phlebotomist said the changeling blood (venom?) wasn't mixing, but obviously something is altering his body so what is it? It could explain why the spread has been linear, but what happens when critical organs are mid transformation? It's speedy for a disease but way too slow for a harmless autonomous conversion. Even though thus far the changes have been biosynchronous there's no guarantee the changeling analogues of liver for example will be compatible...

Login or register to comment