• Published 11th Jul 2019
  • 1,601 Views, 40 Comments

Bloom : An Apple Horse Tale - Devious Dazzle



I woke up mysteriously as Apple Bloom. Now everything is changing, and I feel so alone.

  • ...
11
 40
 1,601

The Beginning Of The End

I yawned with quite a crude snort storming out of my nostrils. It was late on a Friday night and to be completely honest, I was a bit stir crazy. My small rounded muzzle nudged the kitchen fridge open in a glorious wave of golden light. I was craving a carrot-like no tomorrow and was sorely disappointed to see we were out.

I blew a loud raspberry, nipping an edge off a slice of cheesecake in the far corner. Mom wouldn't mind if I took a bite, she wasn't the only girl craving tonight. With a dull thud, the kitchen was cast back into the void, my ears pricking quickly afterward as I caught another noise from the distance.

“Late night, hmm?” Dad sighed from the hallway in a deep melancholy voice.

An icy chill crawled down my spine as I glanced into the empty abyss. Shrouded in the uncertainty of the world my father stepped into the dim light of the kitchen. My orange eyes cast towards the floor in light shame, my father and I were never close.

Even before this mess, I felt as if we were miles apart on the emotional spectrum. Things only becoming worse as this fate had trapped me in the body of a frail equine. “Do you ever dream of returning to normal?” He towered over me much like a mountain intimidatingly.

I let a light whiny echo out into the room, full of growing anxiety. “Or perhaps you've resigned to this life?” His oversized hand roughly pet my mane in a condescending manner. The tension between us thick enough to cut with a blade, his eyes burning into my soul like fiery coals.

I took a sharp inhale of air averting my gaze away from his own. Dad simply pushing past me with a light shove. “Your mother doesn't seem to understand the consequences of this predicament.” His hand swung open the door with a gruff grunt.

Swallowing the massive lump in my throat, I felt myself making a pathetic little whimper towards my father's direction. “Don't get sissified on me boy!” He slammed the door shut in a terrifying thud, my ears folded back as I kneeled on the floor shivering.

My muzzle parted to whiny as loud as possible. Father's hands clenching my mouth shut, my hooves struggled against the tile floor in a panic. “Shhh! Shhh!” He tried to settle me down as I flailed on the floor.

“Pow!” My ears rang out in a sharp echo. His fist punched my right ear as I tumbled off onto my side. The world spun in the dark, a sharp pain building inside my ear as it swelled. “You think this freakshow will last forever!” Father spat down towards me in a horrible rage.

“By my standard, my son is dead! ~ I will not raise some filthy animal as a human!!” He bellowed in a dark voice full of untethered hate. With a yelp, I could feel oversized hands wrap around my neck tightening with extreme pressure.

“You're not natural!!” He snarled as I gargled in horror my hooves growing limp, eyes wide in absolute horror of my upcoming demise.

“Arrr...garrr...elp!” I choked out with bloodshot eyes, tears cascading down both cheeks.

His grip loosened around my neck as I curled up in terror. My body formed into a petite ball on the floor, I couldn't stop myself from quivering. “Not my son.” He clenched both fists at his sides, slowly shuffling into the darkness from which he came.

Never had I thought that my Dad would attack me. That my Mom would take me out of town for exercise amongst the horses. I wasn't a human anymore in their eyes, just some beast of burden that was weighing them down.

My eyes stung with the fire of tears that stained my cheeks. I forced myself to stand tall stumbling off into the pitch-black hallway. “ Ooooo! Oooo!” My whiny wafted upstairs in an echo of mockery.

I felt so alone and alien. My hooves tripping up every step of the stairway, my chest began to tighten and my breathing became shallow. “Oooo! Oooo!” I needed to scream for my Mom, I needed to be held.

I wanted someone to whisper in my ear, that all would someday be fine. I could feel my spirit ignite with the drive to speak, to reclaim my humanity and show the world I wasn't a beast. “Ooooooooo!!!” I screamed out before slipping on the final step of the staircase.

My frail body tumbled down each wooden step roughly. I could feel the wind punched out of my lungs as I crashed to the bottom in a dull thud. Silence was the only thing to greet my broken body, spirit shattering into a thousand pieces as I sobbed aloud in despair.

After all, why should the world care?

I was only a pony.

Comments ( 12 )

Another soul to ferry to the afterlife ,perhaps you wanna stick around for revenge or is reincarnation in a new land what you seek.

That's what I imagine are the choices going on here

“Late night, hmm?” Dad sighed from the hallway in a deep melancholy voice.

Aaaand now you need to get the ladder. :ajbemused::ajsmug:

Ending left me confused. Is she dead?

10172083
oh, ok, well be safe

hay do more chapters:ajbemused:

That was great PLEASE UPDATE love your story

It's a nice story, with quite the darker chapter right there. It'd be nice to see it continued

Update please?

Login or register to comment