• Published 11th Jul 2019
  • 1,585 Views, 40 Comments

Bloom : An Apple Horse Tale - Devious Dazzle



I woke up mysteriously as Apple Bloom. Now everything is changing, and I feel so alone.

  • ...
11
 40
 1,585

As The Days Go By

Karen and I became closer as time went on. It was just a few days after the change before I experienced my first bath as a pony. Karen had made the water far too cold and simply dropped me into the tub with hardly any warning. Needless to say that bubbles and water went flying everywhere, leaving a disaster zone behind.

I did enjoy the brushing afterwards though. I had never known that my Stepmother was so gentle around people...err animals? She kept me calm over those first couple days. Talking to me when I felt lonely, feeding me many treats, and cradling me to sleep at night.

She was my beacon of light in the ever growing darkness. She insisted, I didn't feel like an Adam anymore. So, to my surprise she had started to label off names for ponies. Each one even worse than the last, though she was sweet for trying.

Buttercup.

Firefly.

Oranges.

So glad none of those stuck.

As she listed off a hundred names to never name a filly. I galloped to my large open closet nuzzling a shoebox open with my muzzle cutely. Grabbing a soft yellow plushie in my mouth, carrying over my favorite collectable to my Stepmother.

She seemed genuinely surprised when I offered her the toy. A beaming smile of joy spreading across her face slowly. I remember her bursting into a fit of giggles, giving my plushie a tight squeeze of love.

A name tag stitched in feminine cursive across it's front.

“Apple Bloom, my little Bloom.” Karen lowered down, placing a tender kiss upon my forehead.

My heart melting with the warmth of love.


Sure enough.

Days turned to weeks.

Weeks into months.

Months slowly compiled into something special.

“Happy birthday to Bloom!” Karen danced out of the kitchen swaying her hips in a feminine manner. An extra large pink cake on a silver platter as she walked deeper into the dimly lit dining area.

I sat at the head of the table in excitement. A tiny frilly birthday hat nestled atop my head. Lifted up on my hind hooves, feeling my tail swishing side to side joyously. The buttery scent of warm cake smothered in strawberry frosting, driving me near insanity. I let a loud squee escape my muzzle before tapping both hooves over the large wooden table happily.

Dad sat in the far corner of the room. Sipping out of a large glass of liquor with a look of indifference upon his face. Karen on the other hoof was excited to celebrate a whole year since, I had become her daughter. Placing the cake in front of me, she placed a single turquoise candle in the center lighting it.

“God's sake Karen! She's only an animal!” Dad was quick to anger now days. My ears folding down, a bit taken back by the comment.

“Bloom, is our daughter!” Karen gave a small huff in place.

Turning towards me, I felt her give me a special extra tight birthday hug! My heart filled with warmth as I gave her a tender cuddle in return. Dad sneered in place lifting to his feet before exiting the room grumbling.

“Don't listen to him, Bloom! He's just weary, but loves you dearly.” Karen giggled patting my vibrant red mane gently.

I happily gave a loud whiny into our large open dining area. Focusing my mind, I blew out my candle making a wish with all my heart. Yet my gift was never given, I still was covered in a yellow coat and of course had hooves.

My smile fading into a broken frown, as I slumped down in my seat, sadly. Part of my soul had hoped that it would work. Karen always quick to show affection tilted my chin upward to face her smiling face.

“Don't be sad. I got you a present!” Karen grinned with a coy wink walking over to a nearby dresser reaching for something.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. Using my tiny hoof to maybe swipe a bit of frosting off my cake as well. Licking the sweet taste of strawberries off my hoof, my large orange eyes widened in absolute surprise towards Karen.

“Surprise!” She nearly screamed, holding out a large rose tinted bow.

I gave an excited squeal in reply. My eyes lighting up brightly from the cuteness of it, I had slowly begun to find more and more things adorable lately. A piece of my heart yearning to be pretty, I suppose a side effect of being a little filly so long.

I've started thinking more as a child recently.

My college education becoming more hazy and faint.

Right now though, that bow was the only thing on my mind!

Karen could see how excited I was. Walking over she tied the oversized gift into my mane with the utmost care. Cupping my cheeks afterwards and smiling sweetly.

“You're beautiful!” Karen spoke in a melodic tone, using her finger to gently boop my nose.

I scrunched my muzzle in return cutely, happily pouncing off my seat in excitement. Within seconds, I was running in circles over the hard wooden floor, enjoying some well earned playtime. Karen was happy to just watch in silence, cutting us both off a slice of cake to enjoy later.

I might not be human again.

But this birthday was one of my best!

I nipped my own tail, with a loud squee in triumph. Pouncing back up onto my seat with a large grin over my muzzle. Karen broke into laughter wholeheartedly, reaching for the table to grab an old camera.

I was already busy smooshing my muzzle into my cake. The taste beyond anything I ever tasted. My back hooves clopping together in satisfaction, strawberry smeared over my whole muzzle cutely. With a delicate “ahem”, I gave Karen my full attention.

“Say Apples!” Karen cooed as I lifted my head towards the camera, a huge smile over my frosting tinted face before the flash went off.