• Published 26th Feb 2019
  • 7,524 Views, 263 Comments

We're both twins, yes! Now buzz off... - Desperate Dawn



Continuation of a certain story that is never completed, and it has been a long time. Thus, this happened.

  • ...
19
 263
 7,524

Trouble Brewing

Zepher watched curiously at the pot as Zecora blended in the various liquids and ingredients, stirring them as delicately as a fragile vase. The water within turned lightish blue and then to reddish-orange the more she mixed the large pot. Only the crackle of the fire below accompanying the two silent individuals.

"And with it, this potion brewed, I do understand if you find it somewhat crude," said Zecora, putting the large spoon away.

"No, no, it has been highly fascinating. I thank you for providing me with such knowledge." Zepher smiled at her, Zecora returning the favour seconds later.

Zecora shook her head. "No, I thank you for being considerate as most would no doubt find it illegitimate."

Zepher placed a hoof on his chin, "Well, it is unquestionably abnormal practice according to the ponies."

Zecora took a bottle on her muzzle, carefully scooping some of the liquid before closing it shut. "Here, the potion you required, I hope it comes not the situation where it was needed."

"I can only hope it will not go that way either. Thank you, Zecora, you have been a great help."

Zecora nods as she escorted him to the door, waving her goodbyes as Zepher disappeared amongst the trees, heading deeper into the forest. Out of sight, Zepher released his forms and took in the appearance of his true nature. A changeling Hybrid.

It has been at least a few months, Zecora finally found all the ingredients he needed for this particular occasion. However, there is a slight problem. He needs someone powerful enough to contain the devastating side-effect it may occur. One such instance would be those equal to a Changeling Queen, but there is no Changeling Queen in Equestria. The only thing he can think of would be Princess Celestia herself, but even he knows that it would be impossible to even approach her, so much so to even execute his plans.

The potion in and of itself, according to Zecora, was a powerful concoction no normal beings can withstand. While it will grant the drinker the ability to foresee the future as well as a boost to their magical abilities. The potion comes at a great cost, much like every powerful artefact of old, it degrades the drinker's mental state. Zepher planned to have someone drink the potion, and with his hybrid status, he'll suck on the drinker's life force directly to gain said power. Zepher was no vampony, but he is capable of such feats he realized due to his hybrid nature. As far as he knew, he's the only hybrid changeling out there so he's not all too certain if hybrid changelings are capable of such things by default.

His plans, although detestable at worst, or selfish at best. It is for the good of the hive. Risky, it would seem, but it involves Changeling kind as a whole and he'll do anything to help.

As Zepher idly organizing his thoughts, he suddenly smelt a familiar scent that raises his awareness to the top. A distinctive odour of a Changeling Proto-Queen. His eyes contracted to a slit as his fight or flight instinct kicked in, ready for battle as he took his stance. He looked around for the Proto-Queen whereabouts, trying to distinguish the area around him.

Like prey to a predator, he knew these feelings all too well. She's assessing him, determining the threat he poses.

"Show yourself!" Zepher bellowed. He noticed the area around him had gone quiet, no sign of life whatsoever. He turned and shouted once more. "Will you rather hide than showing your true face? Come out, coward!"

He heard a hiss behind him. Zepher immediately turned to face his foe, and as expected, a Changeling Proto-Queen walked out from the bushes to meet him face to face. She was taller, slimmer than Zepher. Her crown showed the signs of almost full maturity. It won't be long until she makes her very own hive.

"And so, the blighted spawn of Niarvana challenges my authority. How pathetic." The Proto-Queen seethed, showing her fangs.
"What are you doing here?" Zepher boldly asks, knowing full well that the wrath of an almost matured Queen can be the death of him.

"What a foolish ploy, have you not realized where you stand, whelp?" Her head raised high as if her very grace was insulted by his very own presence. With every step she took, Zepher found himself backing each time until her breath breezes through his face. "You truly are lucky to meet me, and not my mother. I can assure you of your demise if she is present."

The Proto-Queen pulled her head away from him as Zepher released the breath he unknowingly held, "But still, I suppose I should at least explain as to why I am here."
She turned her head towards Ponyville, "As you can see, that town held, if not all of the Bearers of Harmony, the greatest weapon Equestria had ever wielded. They were used time after time, repelling many that threatened her existence." She turned back at him with a sinister smile, "My task was to eliminate at least one, preferably all of them, before they can tamper with my mother's plans."

"Wha- What!? What are you planning here?" Zepher, his voice wavered as the Proto-Queen's cold gaze penetrated his soul.

"If you think that I would tell you, then you are mistaken, whelp." She strongly asserted. "Leave now, before I consider your slow and painful death."

Zepher wishes to stand his ground but finds himself unable to. The information that he received will not be welcomed well by any of the hive nor the Equestrian. He must do something, or chaos will inevitably descend upon these lands.

There was one pony that he can count on bearing these responsibilities.

"Oh, before you go," called out the Proto-Queen just as he turned to leave. Zepher looked back at him, his face defiant, but he knew deep down he was scared. "If I find you inform anyone, rest assured that death will come upon you."

Zepher tries not to think much of her warnings and flies off.


As Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's finest students, explained her plans for the umpteenth time to her group of friends only to find herself growing even more frustrated as her friends didn't understand what she was talking about.

It didn't help that Twivine Sparkle, the twin sister of Twilight, only watches in amusement at her attempts of explaining. She understands what Twilight was trying to tell the other girls, but decides not to help her because it's really funny seeing her struggle according to Twivine.

"Darling, I hate to say this to you, and I dread to say that you've become a broken record, but we still don't understand how this has anything to do with teaching Rainbow Dash a lesson about humility." Rarity said.

"Mhm, I lost you about procure-something," Applejack added.

Twilight sighed. "It's the procurement of an internalized bodysuit that will mask our identity as well as granting the wielder a sufficient amount of strength and agility to make it work."

"And this has something to do with teaching Dashie to be more modest? Why don't we just tell her that she's being over her head and not being like a super sneaky secret agent who intends to catch a bad guy!" That comment alone earned Pinkie a few stares. "What? I've read detective novels too you know!"

"Firstly, I'm surprised you read detective novels, Pinkie. Secondly, what Twilight was trying to say here is that she needed a costume that can do anything at a moment's notice." Twivine explained, earning a collective "ooh" from the girls. "Honestly, I don't see any plans working, we just had to suck it up and deal with it, it's not like Dash has been doing this most of the time."

"That's the reason why, Twivy, we need to do something about Rainbow Dash's growing self-centred view, it won't be good for her, nor any of us," Twilight argued.

"Speaking of costumes, I don't think I'm capable of doing so, darling. The very best I can do is to make a costume so lightweight, there is nothing that limits your movement."

At Rarity's suggestion, Twilight jumped on it. "Then we go with that, if we can't have one suit that does everything, we just have each of us wear it! From there, each of us fit brilliantly depending on the circumstances."

"Except, that's still not going to work," Twivine says. "Firstly, how would you know which of the ponies are suited for those circumstances? Secondly, we have to watch Rainbow Dash and can only hope trouble comes along, which either is going to happen or we're just wasting our time."

"I-I think I have to agree with Twivine, Twilight," Fluttershy affirmed herself, which earned her a sincere smile from Twivine.

"But-"

"I have to agree, I have a farm to take care of, so I can't play that much in the role." Applejack looked at Twilight with her ears flattened. "Sorry Twi, I can't do much, but if yer still wants this plan, I'll try to be there."

Twilight sighed once more. "It's okay AJ, I understand."

"Well, darling, I can still make that costume if needed." Rarity offered.

Twivine raises her brows, concern written on her face. "Wouldn't it tamper with your time from making all that suit that was commissioned to you?"

"Don't worry about that, darling," Rarity said with a smile. "For a friend, I'll have the commissions that I have to put at a later date, I'm sure my clients would understand."

"I can help too!" Pinkie chimed in. "My Pinkie sense tells me something big is about to happen!"

Twivine had a terrified look on her face when Pinkie said that, and knowing Pinkie, it was a justified reaction. "Big in what sort?" Pinkie Pie only shrugs with a sorry look on her face. "I guess we have to wait and see then." Twivine sighed.

The problem with Pinkie Sense is that no pony knew what it is, only that it will happen sooner or later. Both Twivine and Twilight classified the Pinkie Sense as a conundrum of all known laws and physics and even named these often unbelievable situations as The Pinkie Phenomenon. What is that one may ask? Simple, it's Pinkie being Pinkie. The last time Twilight tries to understand Pinkie, it only yields more questions than answers.

"Well, uh, anyway, how about you Fluttershy?" Twilight turned towards the butter-yellow Pegasus, causing the others to look over to her as well.

The unexpected attention gave the timid Pegasus slightly on edge, but she managed to answer. "Uh, I'd like to help too. As long as it's not something dangerous…" She whispered.

"Good enough for me," Twilight happily exclaimed.

And with a plan seemingly forming, it was time for Twivine to leave. "Well, you girls go and have fun then," she says as she heads over to the door, stopping only for a moment when Twilight asks.

"Where are you going?"

"To the Everfree Castle?" Twivine replied hesitantly.

Twilight sighed. "Take Spike with you then, he'll watch over you. I don't want a repeat of what happened before."

"Alright alright," Twivine waved her hoof dismissively. "I'll bring Spike with me, don't worry so much, Twily."

"But that's the thing, I'm worried about you. Take it easy okay? Don't push yourself too much!"

Twilight's voice muffled when Twivine exited the Boutique, rolling her eyes. See, Twilight says that but oftentimes she also pushed herself beyond. She assumed it's integrated into their mind to push and solve any hurdle in front of them.

Ah well, a twin sister like no other.

Twivine made her way back to the Golden Oak Library, exchanging smiles and greetings to the ponies she met along the way.

"Twivine Sparkle?" She heard someone say, his voice was familiar but she's unable to recognize it. She turned her head to face a brown earth pony, and his facial features seemed so recognizable yet not. Have I met this pony before? Twivine thought to herself.

"Yes, can I help you?" The pony looked around before he closed in the distance, whispering onto her ears.

"It's me, Zepher, and I need your help."

Author's Note:

I AM SORRY!

Sorry for not being active for so long and sorry that it took me such a long time to update this story ;w;

Worry not, dear readers! Life has been cruel but I bounced back. Depression reared its ugly head and I was on the lowest, but thankfully, in these past months, my friends online and my parents had been supporting me through these difficult time. I also blame Discord (the social app Discord, not Discord the- you know who) but I can't because majority of my friend was there to help, so instead I have to thank them!

This has been my fourth rewrites and this chapter still has a lot more to it but I feel I need to update as soon as possible.

ALSO, I'm also sorry that the story turned into Third Person instead of First Person whenever the focus is on Twivine, but I feel more smoothly writing in Third Person so from now on, it'll be a fully Third Person narrative story! I'm sorry again for this changes though, I'm sure some of you favours the First Person POV. ;w;

But anyways, that's all for today, I'll see you folks later in the next update!

-DesperateDawn

PS: I have been very active on Discord, and I think I still in Fimfiction Discord Server, so if you want to say hi or something, ping me on that server or dm me, I'm open.

My user is DesperateDawn#7696

Comments ( 24 )

It's been a long time. Heh. Sorry for that folks.

so from now on, it'll be a fully Third Person narrative story!

AND THIS RUINED THE UPDATE FOR ME.

10709780
I'm sorry, but based on the rewrites, the First Person POV I feel are just a bit wonky for me, it feels rough when writing the pacings so I decided to turn Third Person POV which is far smoother for me. I hope you understand ;~;

10709793
I mean I get it but it still ruined it for me.

Desperate times, eh?
What does he need power for? Curious...

Oh thank god your not dead.

"It's me, Zepher, and I need your help."

He is taking a huge chance and risk. His being a hybrid is a risk on its own. But letting his Changeling half be known could cost him his life. Either through being killed or captured. Ponies are the most xenophobic race in the mlp universe. His dad being a Pony from that nation likely won't help. And since Changelings would be viewed as a "predator" race well, it will only get worse.

10712317
I'm pretty sure I said that exact same thing or something similar before

10710561
I mean, if you're dead either way, why not go and try your final effort?

10712543
There are worse fates then death. And he could experience a number of them just for being a hybrid.

nice but when will the next chapter come out?:heart:

me gusta mucho la historia :)

The original was great but when it finished i was like awwww but u brought it back thanks alot great story so far looking forward for more chs

Oooh no…
I have 2 Ships know :(
It’s either the Pony Guard or Changeling Hybrid
To Twilight Twin Sister

I love this. My favorite part was where discord got his butt kicked. You have to finish please.

11309260
True a mental health doctor would make a difference definitely though I wonder sometimes how much mental health care they have considering this is a problem that should have been dealt with years ago back when they were still kids. Twilight is so anxiety ridden that if she not learning or pleasing Celestia she will go nuts.

11309273
Definitely not much mental care, considering NMM happened because of neglect + jealousy, and Twilight being like what you said and Celestia just allowing it to happen (or didn't even know, a.k.a neglect... again).

I wonder if there'll be more chapters it not

10709793

I don't deny Twilight's prominence. I could see her road paved towards greatness. Heck, it may as well be, destined since the very beginning. It wasn't because of coincidences that Elements of Harmony chose her as Bearer of Magic. I believed it to my very core.

Me, I'm just a construct, for all things mattered. Just a throwaway? Maybe, it didn't stop Mom and Dad to love me, though.

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled to relax my mind from these dark thoughts. It keeps happening lately, whenever Twilight and the girls do something great together, and I was there to see it.

I'm proud of her, yet at the same time, I don't know how to feel about it. This nagging feeling that I don't know how to convey keeps plaguing my mind. Maybe Dash's right, I might need to explore my abilities further. I need to shine alongside my siblings, or else, I'd fall behind them as they continue to do great deeds.


(Future)

"She meant everything to me. I loved her so muçh as my sister."
"But she shunned me away, no longer paying attention to me."


"So I'll destroy everything SHE and her friends have created!
PIECE BY PIECE!!!

Really great story and like the change to the main story ☺️

Login or register to comment