• Published 26th Feb 2019
  • 7,519 Views, 263 Comments

We're both twins, yes! Now buzz off... - Desperate Dawn



Continuation of a certain story that is never completed, and it has been a long time. Thus, this happened.

  • ...
19
 263
 7,519

Tale in the Library

The Grand Galloping Gala is coming soon in the coming month, and I’m the only pony who’s not expecting it alongside with a certain purple drake. We both went to the previous Gala and it was boring, and to make matters even more unpleasant, Blueblood's attempts’ to court me. If I could fling somepony with my vine that day, you’ll know one noble that will experience that.

I don’t know why he tried to do so, but I’m not going to find out why. I am NOT going to deal with nobles and their petty problems.

I greeted Spike at the kitchen and vice versa, continuing along with our usual morning routine. The breakfast alone is fairly simple, just a couple of daisy sandwich and hay bacon. I poured coffee on my mug as Spike equally divided the meal on three sides of the table.

After setting up the utensils and other dining-related stuff, we finally sit down on our usual side of the table, Spike on the opposite of me while Twilight either on my right or left depending which way she stumbles her way too. Shortly thereafter, Twilight came into the room while yawning, we both exchanged ‘mornings’ as Twilight went to sit down beside me, pouring milk on her mug.

We ate in silence as per our routine, no one attempts at a conversation unless something interesting happened, and for the past few days, I think getting swarmed by Parasprites, the CMC somehow covered the whole town in tree sap is anything but interesting, in the terms of Ponyville. Fluttershy getting herself a career in modeling, however, now that is an interesting development.

Of course, we don’t talk about it because honestly, the three of us wouldn’t understand fashion. I mean, for god sake, Twilight still had that dress she wore during Student Fall Assembly, and that was three years ago!

Nonetheless, we finished our breakfast and we both head on our duty, it’s my turn taking care of the library for today and I already knew this is just one of those boring days. At the upside, however, I usually miss things that happened around town unless a big ‘boom’ is involved. I don’t know if that was a good thing or bad thing, either way, the downside is consistent; it’s boring as hell.

After reshuffling the books that went out of order and/or unceremoniously placed properly, I overheard Twilight talking with Spike in the kitchen. My interest is piqued and perks my ear up as I quietly made my way closer.

“-just it, Spike, I still haven’t pick which one of my friends that are going to come to the Gala with me!” I heard Twilight muffled voice, faintly I heard Spike sighing.

“Twilight, let us based things on which one should go with you first,” I heard something wheely rolled in there. “Now, from these charts, you know all the girls' intention on why do they want to go to the Gala.”

“Wow, I didn’t know you put this much, Spike,” Twilight complimented. I think whatever is going in there Spike is doing a very good job.

‘Pfft, where did that photo came from?” I etched closer to the wall, planting my ear as my interest really piqued.

“I don’t know, to be honest, Pinkie gave it to me and when I asked her about it, she said she didn’t know but gave it anyway because she feels doing it.”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?”

“You tell me, I’m not a Ph.D. on Ponyville weirdness stuff.”

That’s it! I need to satisfy my curiosity or I’ll be damned on missing things like this. I walked into the room and saw Spike and Twilight with a blackboard in the middle. “Hey, guys, what’s going on?”

“Just Twilight deciding which one should she take on the Gala,” Spike answered nonchalantly.

“Wait, you still haven’t decided?” I asked, somewhat surprised that she didn’t figure this out yet.

“No!” Twilight exclaimed. ”Whenever I want to take somepony to the Gala, I know the others would be upset because they didn’t get picked, and I’m afraid our friendship is ruined forever!”

Yeah, I think Rarity is rubbing off on her, she’s gone dramatic. I sighed, “Twilight, let’s look on the charts, shall we? Speaking of which, how did a blackboard get in here anyway?”

Spike and Twilight suddenly went to make a face that basically says ‘why are you asking this, you know it already.’ I groaned, “You know what, forget I asked.”

“Okay, so,” Spike began. “From these charts here, we know Applejack wanted to sell things on the Gala, Rainbow Dash wanted with the Wonderbolt, Fluttershy wanted to see the Castle Gardens, Rarity wanted to be with somepony and Pinkie wanted…to…do stuff.”

I noticed that when Spike said Rarity is going to be with somepony, he said it with spite. I swear him muttering something about burning somepony’s mane later on. I placed a hoof on my chin, staring at the charts, I almost burst out laughing when I saw the photo of Rarity with her dress, gets a face full of pie taken so perfectly at moment of impact.

“Hppmh, Spike, why is that photo there?” I pointed at the photo of Rarity getting pied on the face. His reply was a simple shrug, took me a moment to compose myself.

“All of these are great! I just don’t know which one I should choose!”

“Maybe you should pick somepony instead?” I said jokingly, that earned me a Stun-Flash to the face. I quickly shook my head in an attempt to get myself oriented.

“Maybe you should be more serious instead,” Twilight said with a roll of her eyes, a mischievous smirk crept to my face. My horn glowed as I charged up the very same spell that she cast on me, Spike wisely backed up upon noticing my predatory gaze.

“If I choose Applejack, Rainbow, and Fluttershy, that would-“ Twilight was interrupted by the Stun-Flash spell that disoriented me earlier. That took her by surprise, she shook her head and the effect soon wears off.

“Please tell me we’re not doing this,” she said with a deadpan as she turned to me. Upon noticing my smirk, however, she returned it as if accepting my challenge.

Oh. It. Is. On!


Queen Twilight Sparkle, the overthrower of the Monarch alongside her trusted General, Smarty Pants. My trusted Lieutenant, Captain Shade at my side.

We both stared at each other for a moment… then it began.

I was first on the offensive, casting a (Stun-Flash) magic beam at her, scrambling over to the nearest (bookshelves) resources. Twilight quickly deflected and also scrambled to nearby (bookshelves) resources. With precise accuracy, I created my (book) fort in the shortest amount of time possible and began my assault on her (book) fortress before the fight even began.

I summoned a barrage of (Stun-Flash) beam at her, but she put up a (small) purple dome over her land, rendering the spell ineffective while simultaneously building her (book) fortress uninterrupted. I scoffed at this, assembling all available (papers) soldiers at my side of the (book) fort and quickly made a (miniature) army, a familiar Royal Guard (plushie) come up to me and saluted.

“Captain Shade, status report!”

“Twenty Regiments of 800 units is ready to be mobilized, and more soon to come to our aid. We also have a platoon of Tanks necessary to assault their fortress, Councilor.”

I nodded at this as I oversaw my (miniature) army, four tanks plus a command vehicle at the center of the 1st Infantry Regiment banner. I look over to the no pony’s land ahead of me, five networks of trench in front of my base, but as I looked over further my eyes widened. 10 heavily armed Legion of 1200 are marching in columns.

“Everyone, to Battlestations! Enemy assault incoming!”

The 8th onwards to the 18th Regiments took up position on the walls and trenches I created earlier, their weapons aiming at the marching army columns.

“Captain, we need air support immediately!”

He saluted and scrambled (stumbled) his way to the communication center, as I glance over back to the no pony’s land, I saw Queen Twilight marching just at the center of her Legions.

She smiled at me wickedly (gleefully), “Give it up, Councilor Twivine, your army is no match against my Legions.”

“Yeah! We’ll see about that!” I taunted as I turned to the nearest Artillery position, “Fire mission, Foxtrot-Uniform!”

With a deafening (quiet) salvo of two Artillery battery, the shells landed and scarred the no pony’s land with (paper pellets) explosive shells. One of the shells manage to land on one of their columns, breaking and shredding their formation as it impacted and then scream (chitters) of agony came.

Queen Twilight gritted her teeth in anger, “Rrh, Dragons, march forth and consumed those who defy you!”

Dozens of very large (A4 paper) dragons suddenly appeared behind her (book) fortress, in panic, I shout at my Captain who haven’t yet leave the communication center. “Captain, where is that air support!”

The Dragons roared as it approached my (book) fort, the Regiments tried to fire their small-arms weapon at them, but their thick hides prevent for any sort of damage. The heavy Anti-Air gun tried it’s best to shut each one out of the sky, but there is just too many before the Dragons finally right up on our air-space.

By this point, the Legions have already marched up closer to my trenches where the 16th - 18th Regiment was. Our ranged firearms are useful against them, but 3 regiments against a whole Legion aren’t going to be enough.

I diverted 4 Regiments at the back of the trenches to assist the frontline. However, the Dragons kept the pressure by snatching groups of soldiers from their platoon thus decreasing their combat effectiveness.

Then a large (small) boom, the very largest dragon screams (chitters) in full agony as its hide was pierced with thermobaric missile, consuming it in flame before vanishing in grey ashes alongside with the fire. I quickly look over to the left side of the no pony’s land and I smiled as the cavalry arrived.

More than twenty Assault Helicopters has arrived, complete with an escort of ten Fighter Squadrons. I finally cheered on as my Air support tattered many of the dragons that have been a nuisance to my forces in both the trenches and the (book) fort.

“Send in every single available flying creature we have! We must not let the enemy have Air superiority or everything will be in ruin!” She barked in frustration, and as soon as she said that, large swarms of every flying creature imagine charged up to my Helicopters and Fighters.

“Captain, if you can, send in every available Air assets we have and send them now! It’s crucial for our success in this operation!” I shout out, glancing over at the engagement in the sky.

Many of Twilight’s flying army was shredded to pieces in the ground on its initial charge, but half of my Helicopters lay tattered in the ground with at least three squadrons shut down. Now, either one can be victorious, my Air support, or Twilight’s flying creatures, they all fight for survival and the dominance of the sky.

Back in the ground, the Legions have captured the first two trenches with the cost of three legions, I focused and directed my Infantry forces to fully reinforce the third trench, pillboxes are made and machinegun nest ready to tether through the Legions reinforce shields.

All was well before the war-drums started to beat, I looked over to Twilight’s fortress and my eyes widened; about dozens of a behemoth sized Mammoth, along with other varieties of large creature such as Rhinos, Elephants, etc, they all marching towards me.

“Captain Shade, we need a heavier firepower!” I shouted as panic fills my voice because if they get to the trenches, it’s all over. Air Support is still dealing with the problem in the skies and slowly overcoming the numbers as Squadrons after Squadrons arrived to assist.

“Give it up Councilor Twivine, you cannot win this!” Twilight shouted, her tone grows frustrated as the battle continued longer and longer, it seems her superiority in numbers doesn’t work against superior technological qualities.

“NEVER!” I shouted back as I turned to my Artillery battery. “Fire mission, November-Oscar-Uniform!”

More shells battered the land, more specifically targetting the large creatures that slowly made its way in no pony’s land, hitting them either directly with Piercing rounds or indirectly with Explosive rounds.

“Ma’am, two legions coming on our right flank!” A soldier loudly exclaims. I glance where he was directing and my eyes once again went wide that day as another column of two heavily armored legions marching towards the unprotected flank.

“1st Regiment, 2nd Regiment, and Tank platoon take care of that flanking force!”

Then another soldier ran up to me, “Ma’am, two more legions approaching on the left flank!” As I look over, the legions are lightly armored than the others but they are charging straight unorganized and I fear my Regiments may have to resort close quarters.

With no other choice, I reluctantly ordered my soldiers. “Buck, divert 3rd Regiment and 7th to protect that flank, we’re spread thin as it is!”

I turned to stare the Queen, grinning as for sure that she would win this, and then I glance up to the skies. My hopes filled up as I stared the situation in the skies, curiously, Twilight followed my gaze and her eyes widened, about two dozen of Flying Gunships flew overhead the no pony’s land, the guns at the side of the aircraft belly all targeted the large creatures and fired.

The effect is instantaneous; the large creatures are no more but a pile of ash.

“Agghh, that’s it!” Before I could react, Twilight fired a (Stun-Flash) beam at the center of the frontline, dispersing her forces and mine alike. She charged straight up to me, I, of course, replied it with a charge of my own.

The two of us fired a stun-flash spell at the same time and it impacted at the center, momentarily disorienting the both of us, but I lunged at her as I let out my battlecry. The two of us became an entangled mess as we both rolled in the ground and came into what one would consider a ‘catfight’.

Eventually, we both stopped rolling in the ground with me standing over her, I smiled at my victory. “I win, Twilight.”

Twilight scoffed at this, “No way, I definitely win that with 89% chance of success, but you just have to cheat, huh?”

“Supposedly,” I corrected her about the numbers. “And what do you mean I cheated? Don’t you know ‘superior firepower’ means?”

She shook her head, “You cheated because you know all of that sci-fi stuff that I don’t, that means it counted!”

“No, it isn’t!” I insisted stubbornly. “You just never imagine things like that, because you are so ‘ooh~ Twivine, you should read this book about quantum metaphysics, oooh and also books about Starswirl’s spell.’”

That mock imitation of Twilight clearly pissed her off, but when she was about to explode into a rant, Spike broke our little argument.

“Girls, are you done yet? Can I go and fix the library now?” He said within the safety of his own book forts at the far corner of the library, soon after, he poked his head and stared at us with a concerned look.

I sighed as I step aside, letting Twilight stood up. Spike gets out of his book fort and all three of us all looked at the damage as the effect of ‘Come-to-Life’ spell vanishes, all animated papers lifelessly fell to the ground with a small thud. There were a few scorch marks here and there, but Twilight’s fireproof spell does wonder to not let any of the books get damaged by the fire we occasionally throw at each other.

“Yeah, we need to clean up the library again, because that’s a lot of unused papers…”

Author's Note:

EDIT[3/11/2019]:
-Grammatical error fixes

-Desperate Dawn & 'DeeDee'