• Published 23rd Jan 2019
  • 6,093 Views, 613 Comments

Halo: Twilight of a Spartan - dalek117



When a newly discovered archeaological site is accidently activated by Twilight Sparkle, she is teleported into a conflict beyond her wildest dreams, forced to fight alongside the human known as the 'Master Chief'

Comments ( 98 )

Wow. This is an interesting take, Judging from what discord explained, humanities universe is a quarantine zone to protect everything else from the flood. It just show's you how terrifying the flood really is. Spike and Luna have no idea what they're messing with.

Twilight passing out in space is not a good idea, if the spell she caste around her has a lasting effect that doesn't require constant magic pumped into it.

All good mate, real life comes first. Still thank you both for writing this. I'm enjoying every bit of it.

Can't wait for the next one :twilightsmile:

10371713
Yeah, I enjoyed writing the first bits of this, and it was originally just supposed to be a solo chapter by me. But all uin all, This is going to be a great Story.

her consciousness faded as her sight went black.

damn :rainbowdetermined2:

Well, this was an interesting chapter.

10371713
Makes sense, since the Flood are mutated Precursors who were Lovecraftian godlike-beings who may have created the Halo universe.

Just for everyone reading, there is a reason the barriers are breaking down, and there is a reason why similar sites are popping up all over Equis. And one more thing. A riddle.

Between The Universe of Myth and the Universe of Science, Many things have mirrors. But where Equis Supports life from Myth, It's Counterpart saved the worthy from a holy flame. The center of salvation holds the key.

DM me if you solve the riddle.

Oh no Luna and Spike...

Whatever you do, don't break a bucking universal quarantine. :unsuresweetie:

Poor Keys gets the short end. Well maybe his kid will be more lucky

WELL IT’S ABOUT TIME!





Jk, glad to see you back my nigga 😁👍🏿.

10372071
I mean, he is in the middle of University.

10372088
Ohhhhhhhhh... That makes sense, lol.

This story deserves 300 likes so I am giving it its 300th like!

she is currently in Rijekograd, trying to negotiate with the River Federation in order for Equestrian archaeologists to be allowed to excavate a newly discovered site, on the coast of the Nimbusian province,

I know where you got that from :raritywink:

10372252
Haha, I hoped someone would recognise the reference :twilightsmile:

I did not expect that outcome, well done! Xd

Very good story so far, I like the format of Equestria having a section in the chapter and Twilight and crew having another section. Allows us to see both sides of the story and I like that, I hope it sticks around in future chapters. Also, don’t stress yourself about the story, real life must come first after all. Anyway hope to see you in the next chapter.
SonicDJM

Oh no. The structures were designed as gates. But those gates are now used to quarantine the Flood. HOP ON THE CHOPPERS LADS! WE NEED TO STOP THEM!

10373571
That may be one purpose, but as you have already seen, they have another.

10374084
Hmm...they do? Care to clarrify?

10374393
Part of my answer lies in the riddle, but they have the ability to relay anything across dimensional barriers.

10374519
Ah....ah ha! Their a gate way and communication hub. Probably a forward base set up by the Forerunners

10374587
Not quite. If you solve the riddle, all will be revealed, but something else that may help you may only be shared in pms

I haven’t read Halo First Strike, but doesn’t it tell a different set of events to some degree about what happens at Reach then the game Reach? If it does, what will be taking priority for cannon?

10378751
It was Bungie, not 343, who replaced the AR with the BR. Personally, I love the BR and AR equally and hold them in a high regard, especially the H2 and H2A BR and H2A AR. But we all have our preferences and I know some people who agree with you 100%, so I won't dissuade you from your opinion.

10378844

For me, since I'll be covering events from Chief's and Twilight's perspective, it will mainly focus on First Strike lore (it does have a different timeline but 343 have made an effort to place it and Reach lore together), but I'll try to balance Reach lore since both are canon.

10378963
I mean, there are ways to make it work.

10379346
But as it stands now, I am just reading about a game I have already played with Twilight tacked on. Nothing has really changed from the main Halo: CE story. I feel Twilight needs to more drastically change events to justify her inclusion; else, this is just a rehash of Halo: CE and Halo: The Flood.

10379496
Oh, she will...

She will indeed :pinkiecrazy:

10374388
Damn, you're old? Then I must be ancient. I got my XBOX cause of Halo: Combat Evolved back before I started high school.

ooooohhh! Fun story, please don't let it die like so many others have.

Any chance of a progress update :)

Guess who's here! And this is one of the best crossovers evar!!!

10489749

10496726

Sorry about the lack of updates, 2020 burnt me out a bit but I am close to fully recovering. Don't worry, H:ToaS is still being worked on as I am currently working on the latest chapter. Hopefully it'll be released soon.

10439877

Oh, this is far from dead

10446598

Your welcome :)

10614856

Thank you! and Welcome!

10615996
No worries, take all the time you need.

This is really good

Hey,

I just wanted to thank you for writing this story and all the effort you put into this.
I finally came around to read everything you posted so far.
I have to admit that i binged the whole thing, just ate it all up *nom nom*

Also Badass Twilight is best Twilight

So thank you again for all your freetime you are investing in this.
Have a good Day or night or whatever have you.

~RL

PS: Twi and Chief are best battle buddies now
PPS: Are Moon Horse and Purple Lizard Boi going to join Book Horse in her quest to becoming the ultimate Badass of the Multiverse?

“I admit, I do get jealous of how they worship you almost as highly as Cadance.” Luna sighed. “Even though I’ve gotten used to being back in Equestria and I no longer hold any ill will towards my sister, I still feel like the least liked out of all of the princesses.”

Me: Quick, deploy the Orbital Drop Snuggie Troopers.
Random Bridge Crewman: Wait sir, look.

Spike looked back at the Night Princess, spotting the depressed look on her face. With a look of empathy, he went up to Luna and gave her a hug. Luna briefly stiffened with surprise but quickly relaxed and returned it, a smile on her face and a tear running down her cheek.

Me: Eh, there is no hug like overhug, launch the Hugjumpers anyway.

As a huge Halo fan, I really hope this fic gets updated soon.

It's a well-written story and I hope it continues, though I have some gripes I just gotta vent.

McKay woke up to both a pounding headache

Damn, you cannot be serious. The idiot bitch who killed all of her crewmates just because she thought there was Flood aboard the ship? If the UNSC or anyone else did things her way, the Flood would win in a few days just by sticking some infection forms on a ship and just going "Yo, sup, I'm here now" and they'll self-detonate the ship and then the Flood could just walk right into every world and chow down with basically no way to stop them or escape them. She COULD have proposed they seize an enemy ship. Also, the UNSC forces had already proven they could indeed contain the Flood and defeat it in its current state, so a Flood outbreak aboard the Truth and Reconciliation, while somewhat damaging, would be quickly purged.

From how the Flood behaved in both the game and in the book, it is incapable of holding back its hunger long enough to use any kind of sneakiness or complex planning. Even when fighting the Forerunners and the ancient humans, the only reason it was able to get such a strong start was because in the human case it evolved suddenly all across human space in large quantities. In the Forerunner's case, they were just so arrogant that they didn't take the Flood seriously and treat it as an actual enemy until it was much too late.

The soldiers on the Truth and Reconciliation do not have that problem. But they do have a bunch of Covenant vehicles and boarding craft they could use to take another covvie ship even without serious damage if they pretend to be covvies themselves only for ODSTs to pop out of boarding pods.

John and Rawley stared at the ball of magic as they saw it fly straight into the Cruiser and pierce it. Within seconds the Cruiser broke apart, the debris colliding with the Corvettes, blowing them up as well.

Bullshit. Far beyond anything any enemy who has curbstomped Celestia and more has ever been remotely capable of.

Is this still in the works?

I need moar! :flutterrage:

I want more Chapters!

So, we’re moving into First Strike are we? All aboard the Uneven Elephant! And Twilight will have an opportunity to meet Halsey soon when she revives Linda. That should be…interesting.

Login or register to comment