• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,362 Views, 14 Comments

Mystic Equestria Girls - Shadow Master



Human Mane and Dragon Strike Force are facing their High School Life challenges.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,362

PreviousChapters Next
S4E8: How I Adopt My Puppy?

On the next day, inside her bedroom, Twilight was looking through her photo album. It has several photos of herself with her family, her friends, her boyfriend and even her pet dog – Spike on several occasions, which involved of vacation, school activities, family outing, hangout, adventures and even saving the day too. She smiled warmly and happily to see it.

While still looking through some photos, she came across of her younger self and young Applejack holding Spike and Winona on their hands. She awed happily to see it. She then heard a knock from the door. She called 'come in'. Nyx came into the bedroom.

"Hey guys," Twilight greeted them.

"Hey, Twilight. We're almost ready," Nyx said happily. She then found her older sister reading the album. She asked, "Hey, what are you reading?"

"A photo album." Twilight answered calmly. She then shown the album to Nyx. She smiled, "Guess who's in the album?"

"Is that Spike?" Nyx asked.

"Yeah. That's him. I'll be honest with you, Nyx. He's quite the mischief and rascal for a stray puppy."

"Really? Spike? A stray puppy?"

"Didn't I tell you the story about how Applejack and I found him when we were 10 years old?"

"Definitely not. Care to tell me?"

Twilight giggled, "Sure. Why not? C'mon, Nyx. Sit down. I'll tell you the story. We'll start with how Spike was a stray."

Nyx smiled happily as she sat down, close to her older sister. Twilight began narrating the story of how she met and adopted Spike to be her pet and part of the family.


7 years ago…

Long before Twilight met and adopted him, Spike was a nameless and orphaned dog, lonely living in the alley until he was found by a group of stray dogs. Like him, they too have no family or even the owners. And so, he was adopted into their pack. They became his family.

At the downtown, a pack of stray dogs were hiding at the alley as they were looking at the wet market from the opposite of alley. They were consisted of Puppy Spike, a strong-build German Shepard named Echo Five, a short crimson-white colored Swedish Vallhund called Boomer, a purple-colored Greyhound dog called Rob, a large and broader Mastiff named Grunt, a muscle crimson-colored older brother Dobermann Garble and his younger orange-colored Akita Inu Smolder, twin cyan-colored Labrador Retriever brothers are known as Aero and Rak, and finally a slim yet well-built and beautiful young blue-colored Siberian Husky puppy named Ember.

"Alright, this is it, guys. You ready to rock," Echo Five asked calmly and confidently.

Boomer scoffed, "You kidding, Echo? We're always ready!"

"Yeah. If you can keep up, shorty," Garble taunted, prompting the Swedish Vallhund whacked him with a pole. He yelped in pain, "OW! Hey!"

"You asked for it, punk! You want a fight?!" Boomer snapped back.

Garble growled angrily, "Be careful of what you asked, punk. I can be real nasty!"

"Hey, knock it off, guys. We're in the middle of the work, you know," Ember said sternly and firmly. She turned and looked at Echo Five, "Okay, Echo, what's the plan?"

Echo Five nodded as he explained, "Alright, we only need to take the food as much as we can since our shelter is near to the docks."

"Yeah. We mostly have fishes," Smolder agreed firmly. She scoffed with teasing smirk, "Unfortunately, we have some knuckleheads hate them."

Garble and Grunt yelped in disgust. Boomer scoffed while crossed his paws, "You've said it, guys. I hate fish. Their meats are too little for me to eat. Yeesh. What's up with that?"

"You should try to eat them. I was told it was made of protein and healthy too," Rob remarked calmly. He smiled proudly, "I know coz I tried it."

Boomer gave annoyed looks, "Yeah. I'm pretty sure you make this up."

Looking concern and scared, Puppy Spike asked, "Echo, you sure this is a good idea. I'm worried that we might get into trouble."

"What's the matter? You scared?" Garble teased, only get elbowed by his younger sister – Smolder. He growled a bit, "I was just kidding."

"Spike does have the point. We should be careful. There are some guards around there. They shouldn't be mess with," Aero said seriously and stoically.

Rak gulped in fear, "Not to mention, they've got some crazy weapons to shoot at us. I saw some dogs got shot for trying to attack them."

"Which is why me, Aero, Garble and Grunt will create diversion to get these guys away from the market. The rest of you get the food," Echo Five instructed calmly, "And remember, not to pick a fight with anyone. The last thing we need is getting captured or shot. They won't take us kindly if we attacked them."

"Like they give us a choice, Echo," Boomer grumbled.

"Even so, we don't hurt people. Just scare them. Pretty sure they're afraid of you being a chihuahua," Ember remarked playfully.

Boomer groaned in annoyance, "Hello! I'm a Swedish Vallhund, not littles and cutest dog! Don't even call me that. Why not call Spikey-Wikey that. After all, he's your boyfriend."

Ember flustered, "S-Shut up, punk!"

"Boomer, c'mon. Leave her alone," Puppy Spike said seriously.

Boomer groaned, "Fine. Only doing this because she's your girlfriend."

"Not funny," Puppy Spike grumbled.

"Just remember what we're supposed to do," Echo Five said firmly, "Alright. Let's do this."

Rak groaned in concern, "This might not end well…"

"Let's do this, already! I'm in for action!" Garble exclaimed impatiently.

Echo Five nodded firmly as he started a fierce barking. Aero, Grunt and Garble then fiercely barked at each other. They all then ran straight to the market, where they pounced and roughen on each other like they were fighting with each other. This alerted the security guards to approach and deal with the problems. The guards tried to grab and drag the dogs from fighting but only got backed off by their barks and jaws biting on them.

With the security guards being distracted, Ember and the rest of her gang quickly moved into the market. Ember and Smolder barked out loud, scaring and chasing almost everyone out from the shop. This gives Rak, Rob, Boomer and Puppy Spike to use some trolleys to gather and collect as much food including junk food, biscuits, crackers, and some cooked food as they can.

"Guys! We've got problem! The dogcatchers are here!" Aero shouted in concern as he came into the market, "Tell me you've got the food?!"

Almost five trolleys filled with food, Ember shouted back, "We've got them!"

Aero nodded, "Now let's move! Let's get out of here!"

Everyone nodded firmly and seriously. Ember and her team pushed their own trolleys while regrouping with their allies, who were barking and chasing the dogcatchers to back off. Though intimidated, they remained firm and stern as they tried to catch the stray dogs with their nets and catch pole.

With his strength, Grunt pushed and knocked the dogcatchers down like bringing down the dominos. Seeing the opening, Echo Five barked out loud, signaling his team to move out. They all did. They headed straight back to the alley. Almost every dog makes it. Boomer and Puppy Spike were the last group to make.

Just as they were almost reached their destination, Puppy Spike spotted a truck coming towards them. It then swerved, trying to stop before hitting two puppies. The purple-colored puppy did the unthinkable act – pushing Boomer at the roadside. Puppy Spike and the trolley got hit by the truck's hood. Throwing to the ground, the puppy rolled down straight at the fire hydrant, which his head got hit hard.

Everyone including the dogs gasped in shock and concern of what they just saw. Boomer is completely devastated and hurt in his looks. He dashed and checked on his best friend, who barely opened his eyes to look. Nudging gently on his head, the purple-colored puppy did not raise his head up. He howled in hurt and despair. The rest of dogs also came to check on him, hoping to see him alright as well.

His vision complete blurred. He barely could hear anything but muffled noise. The last thing Spike saw is a girl approaching to check on him while talking to him. Eventually, his eyes closed down as he went unconsciously.


Unknown time has passed…

Feeling a pain in his head, the Puppy Spike grunted a bit as he slowly opened his eyes and regain conscience. He then found himself in new surroundings. This room was filled with a large bedroom, some bookshelves, a telescope and solar system orbit on the ceiling. This surprise and confused him.

"Oh, you're awake! Thank goodness!" A young yet gentle voice spoke, surprising Puppy Spike.

The puppy looked up and found young Twilight wearing a blue-shirt, magenta vest and purple skirt and young Applejack wearing greenish T-Shirt and blue overall pants stood before him. He gasped in concern as he tried to back off.

"It's okay. We're not going to hurt you." Young Twilight assured the puppy Spike. The dog was a bit of skeptical and concern. Hearing the stomach growling, he blushed a bit of embarrassment. She giggled a bit, "I'm guessing you're hungry."

"Here. We've brought some food for you to eat." Young Applejack stated as she brought the bowl of dogfood before the puppy. Puppy Spike was scared. She calmly said, "It's alright, little one. It's just food for you to eat."

Though skeptical, Spike cautiously approached and took a bite on the dogfood. He gasped in surprise as he quickly and excitedly ate them. Both girls smiled happily to see him eating his food.

"Glad you like it, Spike," Young Twilight smiled happily, surprising Spike to look at her. She nodded, "Yeah. My friend and I named you. I hope you like it."

Puppy Spike smiled happily as he gave a gentle bark that he likes it. He was glad that some girls actually named the right name.

"Yeah. You're very lucky to be alive. You were out for few days after the accident," Young Applejack said in concern,

Puppy Spike gasped in shock, realizing that he's been out for a few days. Not only that, he's worried about his friends. He whined in concern about them.

"Don't worry about your friends. They're alright," Young Applejack assured Puppy Spike. She opened the door, "Here they are."

Echo Five and the rest of team entered the room. They all dogpile on Puppy Spike to the ground. They all howled happily while nuzzling and licking on him for being alright. Both Boomer and Ember whined tearfully to see him alright. Puppy Spike, winced in pain, smiled and barked a bit to assure them that he's alright.

"I still can't get over the fact some stray dogs actually stole some food from market," Young Applejack remarked in surprise.

Young Twilight nodded in agreement, "Yeah. That's something you don't see every day."

The dogs stopped dogpiling and nuzzling. They all turned and looked at Young Twilight and Young Applejack. They bowed humbly before them, thanking them for saving Puppy Spike.

Understanding the gesture, Young Twilight smiled warmly, "You're welcome. It's no biggie. I'm just glad Spike is alright. And you don't have to worry about the damages you and your friends have caused."

Puppy Spike looked scared and worried when Young Twilight mentioned 'market'. Echo Five patted him by shoulder to assure him that it's okay.

"Don't worry about it. I've made some calls with my parents and family friend to fix the mess," Young Twilight assured the dogs, though has the tone of stern in it. This made Puppy Spike and his friends a bit uneasy. She smiled warmly, "But of course, I'm going to be responsible of you from now on. Making sure that you won't be on mischief again."

Puppy Spike was confused and surprised by her statement. Young Twilight explained, "Yeah. I kinda adopted you, Spike."

Puppy Spike looked at his friends, who nodded in confirmation that she did adopt him when he was in comatose. He looked concern and worried about his friends.

"Hey, don't worry about your friends. They've got an owner to look after them. They'll be fine," Young Applejack assured Puppy Spike. She smiled, "And they can still visit you."

Puppy Spike gasped in surprise while looking at his friends. They all nodded in confirmation. They all whined happily, hugging and nuzzling each other happily.

Clearing her throat to get the dogs' attention, Young Twilight sternly yet calmly warned them, "I've got to warn you all. In this house, I expect you all to be on best behavior and not break everything. The last thing you want is getting in troubles and send back to the dog pound. Is that understood?"

Intimidated by her warnings, Puppy Spike and his friends nodded fearfully as they understood and willing to be on best behavior.

Young Twilight smiled, "Welcome to the family, Spike."

"And don't worry, you've got me around to help. You two are going to be best friends." Young Applejack said confidently.

Holding Spike with her grip, Young Twilight smiled as she nuzzled him by her cheek, "Yeah. We sure will."

Puppy Spike barked happily that he agrees.


Days become weeks. Weeks become Months. Months become years.

Ever since Young Twilight adopted Puppy Spike, Young Applejack helped her with training and teaching Puppy Spike to be not only an obedient dog, but also well-mannered and discipline dog, and even taught him with some dog tricks. And of course, they even allowed Echo Five and others to visit and hangout with him for fun, working on science and research, and even playing together with their friends on various activities. Whenever Puppy Spike did get into some trouble like breaking plats or biting the cushions, Twilight came to defend him and took the blame. And vice-versa as Puppy Spike defended Twilight by barking and chasing off some bad students from bullying and badmouthing her.

Over 7 years have passed, both of them have become close and best friends to each other, even they and their family moved to new residence.


"And that's how we've become best friends," Twilight ending her story while looking at the latest photo of Friendship Game. She joked, "And of course, you know how Spike talks. I've learn he was an orphan after he was born and become part of the Pack."

"Wow. That is so sweet," Nyx commented.

Entering the room, Spike called, "Twilight, c'mon! Everyone's waiting! Ember's going to perform some awesome trick. Can't afford to miss it!"

Twilight giggled, "Alright, Spike. We're coming."

"Don't worry. We won't miss your girlfriend's show," Nyx teased.

Spike groaned and paws-palmed, "Oh for the love of-! How many times do I have to tell you all?! Ember and I are just friends!"

"Sure. Tell yourself," Twilight teased.

Twilight and Nyx giggled as they and Spike exited out of the bedroom. They're meeting up with their friends now for Ember's performance. Twilight and Spike will always be friends till the end, more than just owner and pet…

END…

Review and Suggest…

Main Casts:

Cathy Weseluck: Spike the Dog

Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle

Minor Casts:

Matt Mullins: Echo Five

Ali Milner: Ember

Ben Diskin: Boomer

Rob Paulsen: Rob

Vin Diesel: Grunt

Vincent Tong: Garble

Shannon Chan-Kent: Smolder

Steven Burton: Aero

Robbie Daymon: Rak

Kira Tozer: Nyx Midnight

Ashleigh Ball: Young Applejack

Author's Note:

Surprise! Didn't expect Spike the Dog's Origin? Yeah. I want to make something different and unique for this short. Since Jason David Frank passed on, I chose Matt Mullins to be his successor. Ironically, Jason David Frank was originally supposed to play Kamen Rider Wing Knight from Kamen Rider Dragon Knight TV Show but chose another actor to avoid the shows being part of Power Rangers Universe. It is quite befitting for him to take over Echo Five role from now on.

And originally, this short was meant to be based on Oliver & the Company but it was too long to write like making a big episode. So, I cut it into short. Discord as Main Supporting Role while Shendu and Drago were the antagonists were supposed to appear but that will took too much of the whole story. So, I removed them.

PreviousChapters Next