• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,362 Views, 14 Comments

Mystic Equestria Girls - Shadow Master



Human Mane and Dragon Strike Force are facing their High School Life challenges.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,362

PreviousChapters Next
S4E2: Detective Lessons

At the Dragon Barnyard, Saber and his friends, consisting of Applejack, Ace, Rarity and Tailtech were inside the detective's bedroom. Tailtech was checking and making sure his camera is in fully-charged and good condition for filming his project. Rarity was sewing and preparing some clothes for Saber, Applejack and Ace. Saber is now wearing a brown-colored detective suit with Sherlock Holmes' hat. Applejack dressed in a blue-colored police officer uniform. Ace worn a black T-Shirt with golden dragon symbol and shades.

Rarity hummed happily, "Oh, you look gorgeous and perfect, darlings. You're ready for Saber's Detective Lessons!"

Applejack was a bit embarrassed while looking at her uniform, "Gorgeous might be the understatement, Rarity. And I'm a bit embarrassed to be a cop."

"Why is that, darling?" Rarity questioned.

Applejack sighed as she admitted, "Well, one, dressing up like a policewoman might not be a good idea because some folks especially troublemakers may think I'm real. Two, I don't like getting into trouble with Saber's uncle coz he's the Police Chief of DRPD. And third, I felt like this uniform makes me look fat."

Rarity groaned, "Everybody's a critique. Unbelievable…"

"I think you look nice, AJ," Saber assured Applejack.

Applejack blushed a bit while looking away from him as she scratched on her head's back, "Gee… Thanks, Saber. That's very nice of you to say that."

"I meant it, my dear Apple Girl," Saber said charmingly.

He turned Applejack around for him to kiss by lips. She returned it back to him. Ace awed happily to see it. Tailtech was disgusted to see mushy stuffs. Rarity was annoyed and irritated to see it as she doesn't want to be reminded of her relationship with Shorty.

"Can we get started?" Rarity asked in annoyance and frustration.

Saber and Applejack yelped in surprise, snapping back to reality. They both laughed uneasily before frantically panicked and agreed with everyone that they're ready for the film. Ace hummed 'Can't Help but Falling in Love with You'. Saber, Applejack, and Ace stood before Tailtech, who was setting and readying with camera to film while Rarity was standing by and ready for her role.

Counting down on his fingers, Tailtech shouted, "Okay, everyone. We'll go in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1! Action!"

Just as Tailtech began filming the scene, Saber and his team can start with their acts.

Saber gave friendly salute and greeted, "Hello, everyone. The name's Saber Dragoon. I'm the detective and leader of Saber's Detective Lessons."

"I'm Applejack. I'm his assistant and helper for helping and assisting him to solve some problems and cases," Applejack introduced herself. She then raised Ace up, "And this is Ace. Our mascot and little helper too. But don't let his size fool you all. He maybe cute and cuddly, he's really a smart, tough and feisty little fella as the rodent."

Feeling offended, Ace snapped, "Hey!"

"Sorry," Applejack apologized to Ace. She cleared her throat, "Say, Detective Saber, what's exactly is Saber's Detective Lessons are all about? Care to explain or the term for detective, elaborate about it?"

Saber smiled, "Why, of course. I'd be glad to explain. But I require a guest for this show. Miss Rarity, would you like to be part of the show?"

Rarity entered the scene while waving at the filming camera, "Why, hello there, darlings. It's a great pleasure to be part of the show. I will do my best to assist and help you with the Detective Lessons, Detective Saber." She gasped in realization, "Ooh! I got the idea. Maybe I should play Shadow Spade in this video as well. After all, she's a detective too. Wouldn't it be great?"

Applejack sighed while facepalmed, "Rarity, you're the guest in this show, not fashion show."

Rarity sighed in annoyance, "I know. I just want to make things interesting."

"We'll get that on the next episode. For now, we focused on how to be a good detective," Saber said calmly and gently. Rarity sighed in defeat while nodded in agreement. He looked at the camera, "Sorry about that, folks. Now with Rarity is here. I believe that she has concerning and disturbing case that needed to be solve. Care to explain to us?"

"Why certainly," Rarity agreed calmly. She turned and faced to the camera. Adding some eyedrop on her eyes, she the cried melodramatically and tearfully, "Oh! Opal! Where are you, my dearest little kitten?! How could I live without you?! Please! You must help find her before it's too late! Save her!"

Everyone was a bit of annoyed and disbelieved by Rarity's melodramatic acting with tears of sadness. Nevertheless, they continued with the show.

Saber cleared his throat, "Well, you've come to the right place. We'll help you find your cat."

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" Applejack exclaimed excitedly, with Ace nodded happily.

Just before Applejack and Ace could do anything, they were held back by Saber, who remained calm yet firm and serious.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Saber asked in annoyance.

"Look for the cat," Applejack answered in confusion.

Saber rolled his eyes as he remarked, "Good thing that we're on the show for learning. Ladies and gentlemen, get your notes ready for the learning. Don't be Rainbow Dash."


Saber and his team moved and arrived at Rarity's house, where they were inside her bedroom. They were looking and checking around, searching and looking for Opal (possibly). Tailtech was filming at Saber and his team.

"Now for the first step is finding the clue," Saber explained firmly and calmly, "Clue can be anything related to the case. If you find something suspicious or interesting, it's best to investigate and learn what's really happened here. So, best to find out what happen to her is to start where she was at. As Rarity put it in her words, Opal was sleeping in her crib, just before our lovely customer left this room for her shopping."

"Uh, how do we know which one is the clue? All this place looked so clean," Applejack said in concern and uncertain. She then noticed on her friend's table, which has a bit of mess due to spilling painting on the wet paper. She added, "Except the table. Quite the mess, Rarity."

Rarity hummed in concern, "It wasn't like this before."

As Saber looked carefully at the mess on table, he and his team heard the whistle noise. They all turned and looked at the purple-colored rug, where Ace was waving at them to come to him. They approached towards him. He pointed at it, which has the trail of paws, leading straight to the sofa.

"Clue!" Ace cheered.

"Well done, you two," Saber said calmly and pleasingly. He turned and faced to the camera, "Now, the second step is to analyze the clue and figure out what really happens here by theorizing and guessing on how it goes."

Rarity groaned, "Saber, I told you before Opal is missing."

Saber shook his head and explained, "True, but how it happened. That's the better question."

"Care to explain, Detective Saber?" Tailtech asked amusingly.

"Sure." Saber looked at the trail of paws and spilling paint on table. He then explained thoughtfully, "Just as you said, Opal was sleeping in her crib until she heard the noise from the table. Whatever it was, it got her attention to jump on the table, spilling water paint on the table before chasing after it. She left the trail behind. It is now leading straight to-!"

"Window!" Applejack exclaimed while looking at the window. She approached and checked on it. She then spotted some trails on the ground, "There's more trails."

Saber smiled, "Step three. Follow the trail, it might lead you to Opal. And find out what's really going on."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go already!" Rarity exclaimed impatiently.


Exiting out of Rarity's home, Saber's Team followed the trail of paws, which is leading them straight to downtown. Following the end of trail, they have arrived at their destination. They found themselves at the supermarket, which surprise and confuse them.

"So, what's next?" Tailtech asked while filming on his team.

Saber cleared his throat, "Step four, find anything suspicious or talk with witnesses. They might have an idea to know what happen to her."

Rarity sighed, "I just hope she's alright."

Applejack patted Rarity's back, "Don't worry, Rarity. We'll find her."

Saber's Team began their search for Opal. Ace was sniffing out on Opal Scent's. Applejack and Rarity talked with the customers and bystanders if they have spotted the cat or not. Saber looked around to find some clues.

10 minutes have passed, Saber's Team regrouped and have discussion about their findings on Opal.

"So, anything?" Saber asked firmly.

"We've talked to some bystanders and witness," Applejack said firmly, "They did spot Opal here."

"Apparently, she was chasing after couple of mice all the here." Rarity added. She groaned, "I didn't know my house is infested with mice!"

Saber revealed some items such as a piece of pink hair, cheese crumbs and empty bottle of milk. He explained, "I found more clues. Apparently, someone was here and did something to Opal and mice."

Applejack hummed, "The old lady did mention that Opal was chasing some mice around the girl. She then somehow managed to 'talk' with them by offering food and drinks to them."

"And the only person, who could do that is…" Rarity gasped in realization, "Fluttershy!"

Ace made some squeaky rat noise, getting his friends attention. He then pointed on his nose before sniffing out loud. He waved and gestured them to follow him. He ran off at once, followed by them.

As Ace was walking down the street for 5 miles and then turned to left, Saber's Team arrived and entered the alley, where they found Fluttershy was taking care of the animals. She added more milk into the bowl for Opal to drink while feeding cheese to mice inside the cage. She chattered happily with them.

Spotted her friends, Fluttershy gasped and greeted, "Oh hi, girls."

"Oh my! Opal! There you are!" Rarity exclaimed happily as she grabbed and hugged Opal tightly, making her cat yowled in pain. Departing, she then scolded her cat, "Don't you ever do that again! I'm so glad that you're alright." She turned to Fluttershy, "Thank you so much, darling."

Fluttershy smiled, "It was nothing, Rarity. I was just passing by until Opal came out of nowhere, chasing these poor mice. Luckily, I managed to stop them in time. I led them to alley, where they can get some privacy with their meal."

Applejack hummed thoughtfully, "That explains everything. The mice did come out and were doing whatever they want until Opal spotted them. She then chased them off but not without making a mess on table. They've been running down the street until they came across to the market, where Fluttershy just exited out of supermarket. She then stopped them from doing cat-mouse game by giving them a meal and drink. She then led them to here for their meal."

"That sums it up," Saber nodded in agreement. He turned and looked at the camera. Giving a thumbs up, he declared, "And that's final step. Make the conclusion of how it begins and ends with your mission. And that's how you do it as detective. Enjoy it!"

"And cut!" Tailtech called out, "Now that's the wrap of the film!"

Almost everyone cheered out loud happily over the Detective Lessons. Fluttershy was confused and uncertain of what happens.

"Uh… What just happen?" Fluttershy asked in confusion.

END…

Review and Suggest…

Main Casts:

Will Friedle: Saber Dragoon

Ashleigh Ball: Applejack

Nancy Cartwright: Ace the Naked Mole Rat

Minor Casts:

Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity

Andrea Libman: Fluttershy

PreviousChapters Next