• Published 29th Dec 2018
  • 1,362 Views, 14 Comments

Mystic Equestria Girls - Shadow Master



Human Mane and Dragon Strike Force are facing their High School Life challenges.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,362

PreviousChapters Next
S3E17: All the World's Off Stage (Laxtinct's Ending)

Shorty and Sunset continued leading and directing their casts and crew members with the rehearsals and practice on their acting and dancing, and also have to time it at the right and perfect moment. They cannot afford to make mistakes for the upcoming play.

Seeing almost everyone including Cutie Mark Crusaders have dressed and readied with their props, Sunset sighed firmly while holding tight on her earphone as she gave the command.

"Go! Go! And go!" Sunset signalled firmly.

Everyone nodded firmly as they followed her command at once. Just as the disco music was played, Cutie Mark Crusaders moved to the stage at once. They firmly and passionately dancing while using their shovel and pick axes. Everyone including Shorty, Flash, Twilight, Pinkie, Micro Chips, Bulk Biceps and even Laxtinct, who was busy cleaning and mopping the floor.

Just as she listened to the song while watched the scene carefully, Sunset tapped her pencil on her paper pad holder while looking at it, wanting to make sure that she's on schedule.

"Ten seconds to set change. Stage crew ready?" Sunset asked firmly. Snips and Snails grunted in frustration while trying to handle and manage with ropes as they nodded a bit. She counted down, "In five, four, three... Pyro!"

With signal being given, Scott Green used and activated the fog machine, covering up the whole stage, prompting Cutie Mark Crusaders moved to their right and leaving the scene. Sunset smiled happily that everything is in order.

"And... bring in Shiny City!" Sunset ordered.

Snips and Snails grunted as they struggled with pulling down the ropes, bringing out the Shiny City scenery. And at the same time; Nolan North, Golden Hazel, Sophisticata and Indigo Wreath are moving while dressed as mining worker carrying tools, wagon of crystal and train props. While the actors passionately moving out and headed straight to the end of stage, the Shiny City scenery seemed to be stuck in middle of movement.

Everyone turned and looked at Snips and Snails, who still struggling and unable to bring the rope down. Unfortunately, they don't have the strengths before dropped on the floor hard. Everyone awed in disappointment with the effect. Shorty wasn't pleased of it as he got up from his seat to check on them.

"Would someone tell me what's going on?!" Shorty demanded as he arrived at the stage.

"Uh… I'll check on it," Sunset said firmly. She approached to Snips and Snails. She sternly remarked, "Guys, the effect is ruined if we don't get the set across the stage in time with the dancers."

Snips groaned, "Ugh! But it's like moving a ton of bricks that's been built like... like a city!"

Shorty sighed in annoyance, "And whose idea of asking two Grade-5 kid of handling this?"

"Trixie's idea." Sunset answered. Shorty looked at her with his raised eyebrow. She gulped, "She said they're very efficient and hardworking."

"But not very smart and strong," Shorty said seriously, annoying Snips and Snails. He said firmly, "You really need to come up with a better solution."

Sunset nodded in understanding, "I know. I know, Shorty. There's gotta be a better way to move this thing."

"Don't worry, Sunset. I've got an idea!" Twilight volunteered.

Pinkie cheered and waved happily, "Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Me, too! Pick me, pick me, pick me!"

Laxtinct raised his hand, "I could give it a try!"

Shorty hummed thoughtfully, "Your call, Sunset since this is your management."

Sunset hummed thoughtfully as she wondered which one will handle with the effect. Who can she trust with?


After serious consideration, Sunset chose Laxtinct to help and assist with the effect. She brought him to the backstage, where she and Shorty were discussing and talking with him about handling the set effect.

"Alright, Lax, you're up for this?" Sunset asked firmly. Laxtinct shrugged a bit. She groaned, "Laxtinct, this is a serious work! You have to take this serious!"

"I know! I know! I know! I'm just nervous!" Laxtinct exclaimed in concern and worried, "I'm never good at being pressure."

Shorty sighed while facepalmed, "Well, you were never good at managing the pressure. Besides, you're the only guy with strength and big enough to handle with the set. At least, you're older than Snips and Snails."

"HEY!" Snips and Snails snapped, feeling offended.

Laxtinct groaned in concern, "Alright, I'll try."

"Good. When I give the signal, you bring the Shiny City together with the cast members." Sunset said firmly and seriously, "Remember that. Got it?"

Laxtinct nodded, "Got it."

"Good. Don't let us down," Shorty said sternly.

Everyone returned to their position and redo their rehearsal again. Laxtinct readied with pulling the rope down, waiting for the signal.

"And… Bring in the Shiny City!" Sunset ordered. Laxtinct quickly pulled the rope down, which resulted moving the Shiny City scenery too fast and soon to the end. She groaned in annoyance, "Laxtinct, that was too soon! Together with the cast members!"

Laxtinct hissed in concern, "Sorry!"

Once again, everyone returned to their positions again. Just as Sunset gave the signal again, the cast members marched out at once, but without the Shiny City scenery. This shocked Sunset to looked at Laxtinct, who was waiting to make a move.

"Laxtinct!" Sunset scolded firmly.

Laxtinct yelped, "I was waiting for the cast members to move!"

"They already move!" Sunset snapped in annoyance. This made Laxtinct embarrassed and nervous of what he did. She groaned while facepalmed, "This gonna take a while…"

Throughout the rehearsal, the crew and cast members struggled of getting the right timing and right moment with Shiny City scenery moving together due to Laxtinct keep making same mistakes such as sleeping on the job, got the rope jammed with machine, damaging the props, chasing off Snips and Snails for insults, Pinkie bothered him and so on.

The montage of Laxtinct's not getting right with moving the Shiny City scenery at the same time with the cast members.

Shorty shouted, "Damn it, Laxtinct! Can't you get it right this time?! We're running out of time!"

Sunset sighed, "He's right. Laxtinct, you need to do exactly what I said. Follow the cast members, okay?"

Laxtinct groaned, "I don't know if I can do this."

"You have to," Sunset said firmly, "Laxtinct, I wouldn't choose you if I didn't have faith in you."

"Sunset."

"You can do this. I know you can."

Touched by Sunset's words, Laxtinct nodded firmly, "Got it."

"One more time…" Sunset said firmly. Everyone returned to their positions again, despite how annoyed and frustrated with it. Just as she timed it, she shouted, "Now! Bring in the Shiny City!"

As signaled, the cast members marched out while performing their dance movements. And at the same time, Laxtinct pulled down the rope, bringing and moving the Shiny City scenery prop, aligning with the casts till the end. With that, everyone cheered out happily that they finally got it right this time.

Shorty sighed, "About bloody time!"

Sunset jumped and hugged Laxtinct warmly, "Way to go, Laxtinct! I knew you had it in you!"

Laxtinct chuckled a bit, "Well, I've had some help from my friends."

END…

Suggest and Review…

Main Casts:

Rebecca Shoichet: Sunset Shimmer

Sam Riegel: Shorty Thinking

P.J. Bryne: Laxtinct

Minor Casts:

Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle

Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie

Lee Tockar: Snips

Richard Ian Cox: Snails

PreviousChapters Next