• Published 22nd Oct 2018
  • 19,312 Views, 924 Comments

Terminal Chaos - Eternal Sunset



After the photos from the slumber party at Rarity's have been posted on Anon-A-Miss blog, the Rainbooms go to Sunset's apartment to confront her, but when they arrived they didn't count on finding her sick in bed.

  • ...
47
 924
 19,312

Epilogue

“Luna, I’m home!” Principal Celestia called out as she entered her home. She heard laughter coming from the living room and went to investigate. She found her younger sister relaxing on the sofa while looking through an old family photo album. “What are you looking at?”

“Just some photos of our high school days,” Luna said as she was looking at a photo of herself and Celestia.

As a teenager, Celestia’s hair was dyed black and purple and cut into a mohawk. She had a spiked collar on her neck, multiple piercings on her ears, and jeans at the thigh to show off her toned legs. Her midriff was bare to expose her strong abs. She wore a denim jacket that was torn at the sleeves to expose her strong muscular arms that were crossed underneath her impressive bust. She had an “I don’t give a fuck” look on her face. Next to her stood Luna who was shorter than Celestia since she was younger, dressed in 80’s style clothing with a matching hairdo. Her bright sunny smile was a stark contrast to her sister’s. Anyone who knew them back them would never have guessed that they would become a school principal and vice-principal.

“You sure were ripped back then,” Luna remarked.

“Excuse me?” Celestia raised an eyebrow, her hand on her hips as she looked at her sister disapprovingly. “I’ll have you know I’m still as fit as I was back in high school.”

“I know, but you hide it under your clothes,” Luna rolled her eyes. “Sunset Shimmer looks almost as muscular as you when you were her age.” At the mention of Sunset Shimmer’s name, both women went silent.

“It’s hard to believe that she’s my niece from another world,” Luna whispered but Celestia heard her.

“I was at a loss myself.” Celestia recalled how shocked she was at seeing her own daughter at her school.

“Seeing her struggle after the Fall Former really got to me,” Luna said as she clutched her heart. “I wanted so badly to hold her in my arms and tell her I love her and that everything would be okay.”

Celestia felt the same way, but her confusion and doubt stopped her from acknowledging the other Sunset as her daughter.

“Say, when is-”

Luna didn’t finish as they heard the front door open and a familiar voice.

“I’m home!”

Luna immediately bolted from the couch and towards the door.

“Sunset!”

“Auntie Lulu!” Sunset greeted as she set down her bags and held out her arms.

Luna immediately wrapped her arms around Sunset and spun her around.

“Oh, my precious Dream Catcher! I’ve missed you so much!”

“Easy Lulu, don’t make the poor girl dizzy,” Discord said as he held one of Sunset’s bags.

Luna set Sunset down as she broke the hug only for Celestia to hug her daughter too.

“I’ve missed you so much, my Little Sunshine,” Celestia said.

“I missed you too, Mom.” Sunset returned as she hugged her mother tightly.

“So how’s college?” Celestia asked as she broke the hug.

“It’s going well. I’m acing my classes,” Sunset answered. She was studying to become an educator like her mother and aunt.

“That’s my princess,” Discord said as he ruffled Sunset’s head.

“Dad!” Sunset laughed at her father’s affectionate display.

“It’s good to have you home for the holidays,” Luna said happily. She was going to make the most of her time with niece.

“Yeah, so did anything exciting happen while I was gone?” Sunset asked as she and her family walked back to the living room.

“Where to even begin,” Luna said with a roll of her eyes, a playful smile on her lips as she could only imagine the look on her niece’s face when they told her that she had a twin from another world.

It would be quite the story.

Author's Note:

Since we got confirmation that Sunset is older than the humane 6, it makes sense that she's already attending college. As for why pony Sunset herself isn't in college is because she obviously got held back. Human Sunset attended a different Highschool and she has the same drives like Sunset but like Sci-Twi, human Sunset is not a complete asshole like her pony counterpart. Principal Celestia never told her daughter about her otherworldly twin until now because she herself was still trying to wrap her head around it. Especially after the revelation that Sunset is from another world, then there's the whole magic thing.

Thank you everyone who has stuck by this story and enjoyed it. Thanks once again to KR Chrome and Kamen Rider Goji.


Sunset Shimmer is resting on her couch, the remote in her hands as she flicks through the channels but finds nothing to watch. She suddenly gets an idea and channels her magic through the remote, she brings up the menu which now displays any show in the multiverse. She finds one that catches her eye.

"The Queen and her Court, huh? Sounds promising."

Comments ( 72 )

Noice.

she brings up the menu which now displays any show in the multiverse

She can watch MLP now :B

“Yeah, so did anything exciting happen while I was gone?” Sunset asked as she and her family walked back to the living room.

Girl you have no idea.

I have no words. This story has left me speechless at how amazing it is.

9969261
Thank you so much! Don't forget to thank KR Chrome and Kamen Rider Goji too!

This was a fun story mate, thanks for writing it!

"Por dónde empezar", dijo Luna con un giro de sus ojos, una sonrisa juguetona en sus labios, ya que solo podía imaginar la expresión de la cara de su sobrina cuando le dijeron que tenía un gemelo de otro mundo.

No sé pero espero una secuela jjjj

will there be/is there, a sequel?

Make no mistake: this story has been one wild roller coaster of a masterpiece! In this story, human Celestia used to be a rebellious punk before she turned principal? Who would've thunk it, huh? And honestly, Sunset Shimmer, saved from a cruel fate by the very illness that laid her low- what irony! And Bacon-Hair's in college? How pleasantly unexpected! Happy ending all around!

Keep up the good work, seriously!

9976605
Thanks! It does make sense that Celestia would be completely different in her youth, like mother like daughter right?

Was Pinkie hinting at a possible sequel last chapter, or was that just a one-off joke?

Ri2

What's The Queen and her Court? I can't seem to find it.

9983775
It's my next Anon-A-Miss story that I'm currently working on.

Ri2

9983856
Ooh, neat

Nice wee story enjoyed following it

Oh I loved it :twilightsmile:. A nice ending to a terrible fate. At least for once a happy ending happened. I think and hope that in your story's universe, Sunset gets together with also the human Twilight.

And the overall ending of the story, it was a big surprise.

Will there be a sequel?

10129466
Being angry at what? When someone, more than likely a person they knew had a history being a basic bitch and a bully starts an online conspiracy to humiliate five people. Why shouldn't the girls react to that negatively?

And after all of that, Celestia is going to put Sunset in the care of five people who hated her guts. Yeah, that sounds healthy.

10129487
With no context, that argument makes total sense.
But you’ve watched the EQG specials, and you read the story up to this point, so you can’t just backpedal here and make it seem like the premise makes no sense.

Sunset was making amends, and the girls knew it. When Anon-A-Miss started, they were fooled into betraying Sunset, despite their recent experiences with her. And Twilight, Luna, and Celestia, who all loved her despite her negative past, were upset by this, coming from the ones who were supposed to be her closest and most trusted friends.

I loved this story! It made the Anon-A-Miss story meaningful, you introduced awesome, well-fleshed out ideas, and (again, aside from one or two spots that made it difficult to follow) it had my full attention from beginning to end! I especially love the epilogue, though having another Discord did make it a little confusing for a minute.

Sunset Shimmer is resting on her couch, the remote in her hands as she flicks through the channels but finds nothing to watch. She suddenly gets an idea and channels her magic through the remote, she brings up the menu which now displays any show in the multiverse. She finds one that catches her eye.

I can imagine Rick coming in suddenly, breaking the remote, and accusing Sunset of being an “unimaginative, idea-stealing b-(belch)-itch.”

10130471
Thank you! I hope you enjoy my next Anon-A-Miss story as well!

10168140
How about calm your tits? Fangirl.

10186097
Oh geez. That's rather frightening how close to lethal the average temps are. and Sunny is well above triple the average.
My theory got shattered in the later chapters, but it certainly held some merit when applying it with Sunny's temperature.

Ooh, boy. What a ride! I do have a lot of say.

I discovered this story when it was complete, and I read it all in one sitting. To put it simply: this was a unique story. Your ideas were well fleshed out, and the conflict was solved at a perfect pace, with constant obstacles for our characters to overcome. The romance tag is well-placed, and you do write wonderful chemistry. (Personal bias here, I’m not at all a fan of any ships proposed.) I could never hope to write such a story myself. Have a thumbs-up and a headpat. Good job.

Now, no story’s perfect, so here’s some constructive criticism.

1. It’s Apple Bloom, not ‘Applebloom.’ Her name is two separate words, with a space in the middle. Bugged me for the whole story.

2. About your chapters ‘The Magic of Friendship,’ first two parts. The final boss battle has references to several franchises. Namely: Kamen Rider, Wonder Woman, Godzilla and more. I know this is your story, so you do you, but that wasn’t really a good idea. Those parts were hard to read, because it was difficult to understand what was going on. I skimmed through Rarity’s entire battle, ‘cause I couldn’t understand anything. And I’m not the only one. A warning in the description would’ve been nice. Something spoiler-free, like, “Fair warning: contains references to [inset franchise here].”

3. I understand that this is a third-person story and it’s filled with many characters, each with their own inner thoughts. But it gets confusing when you switch characters’ thoughts with each new paragraph. Take this:

The more Swetie Belle thought if how selfish her sister was, the angrier she got.

...

“Two down,” Princess Sunset grinned wickedly as she witnessed the corruption of Sweetie Belle. Pretty soon, she would have corrupted them all and then the real fun could begin.

See what I mean?

4. This one is about grammar. This is wrong:

”Two down,” Princess Sunset grinned wickedly...

It should be:

”Two down.” Princess Sunset grinned wickedly...

You should not put commas within dialogue of you intend to follow it with an ‘action tag.’

Small words of advice:
1. When you need to emphasize words in an already italicized text, you can do this:

But Rarity fell behind on her order for a client because she had to look over the dresses.

It’s a personal bias, but de-italicizing the words looks better than putting them in bold. Also, putting personal thoughts in italics is enough, you don’t need to put them in quotation marks as well.

What do you mean? Sweetie Belle asked.

Yer right, Apple Bloom thought...

2. You also don’t need to constantly refer to a character by their first and last names all the time. You write ‘Rainbow Dash’ in one paragraph. In that same paragraph, you can just refer to her as ‘Rainbow.’ You didn’t write the word Shimmer so much, you also don’t need to write Rainbow and Dash every time you refer to her.

I don’t mean for this to sound rude or anything. My apologies if it came out as that. I just want to help you.

10289039
Thanks for your feedback, I'm happy you enjoyed the story! Don't sell yourself short, you can write a great story!

10289080
Aww. Thank you. And I will write a great story. Someday. Glad I could be of help.

Well, liked it, one of those stories that hook you and can't leave you until you finish.

Any plan for a sequel of Sunset adventures with her powers?

10311471
I do have a potential sequel in mind with the friendship games but nothing as of right now.

10311835
Ooooo! I cant wait to see if a sequel happens! :pinkiehappy:

This story gets an 8.5/10 from me. It is quite the good story even if adding Trixie felt really rushed. The chaos of the climax was very very enjoyable however.

10466215
happy to hear you enjoyed it, I hope you enjoy my next one. :twilightsmile:

This one the best sunset stories i have read. Maybe you can make a sequel

Honestly, I might take a thorough read of this. I'm not a fan of anon-a-miss stories and I'm even less of a fan of the comic. I won't get into details as to why (because I don't want to bog down this comment). As it stands, I haven't actually read this story yet, so we shall see if I enjoy it. My major problems with anon-a-miss stories is that they get to be so much of the same thing. There are too many clichés that are used in them that don't match up with the actual characters in the movies. I really wish there were more stories that would take this kind of storyline where they realize almost instantly that something is wrong. Maybe the first 3 chapters would have them actually mad at Sunset, but after that they ask for her forgiveness or something and help her along with some magic problem that sprouted up.

I personally have a few stories that actually utilize anon-a-miss, but don't know if I will write them down.

As a loyal fan of the great lord of chaos Discord, I must say that I love this story loaded with chaos and references! It gives me a good idea of ​​what to expect in the other two stories, at the moment this is my favorite of your stories.:pinkiehappy:

i.pinimg.com/474x/bb/59/45/bb59454f06e555b7cb315c9080c7eb1e--discord-fluttershy.jpg

Trixie, I was wondering what she was planning, girls have a hard time with Sunset, I wouldn't be surprised if if they don't watch her well I end up adding the human Twilight and maybe Adagio. :rainbowlaugh:

I can imagine Twilight adding Starlight and Trixie in her pack.:twilightblush:

By the way, I just thought "What if Sunset decided to go to equestria to see Celestia or they needed her in equestria for some reason, having to leave quickly just as Anon-A-Miss starts, just leaving a message to her friends and the directors (said message would be lost and would not reach its destination, it all depends on how the message is left), then the human Sunset would arrive and everyone would think that she is the Sunset pony ", I have read the stories of Anon-A-Miss and I have not seen something like that, what do you think? If you like the idea you can keep it, if not, well, I have also thought about publishing ideas and seeing how those seeds grow with writers who want to nurture them.:moustache:

10616756
As I said, 1000 moons does not mean 1000 years. A moon is a lunar cycle, slightly less than a month: 1000 moons is about 80 years, 30 moons is about 21/2 years.

Login or register to comment