• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

All Aboard the Hype Train

Indigo woke up with one of the biggest grins she had ever worn in her life. "The time has come!" She said, leaping out of bed. She quickly changed into the school uniform, then ran downstairs. "Today's the day, guys!" She said, running into kitchen.

"We know." Her parents said at the same time.

"Come on! I know you two aren't nearly as excited as I am, but you could at least show some enthusiasm." Indigo said, frowning and folding her arms.

Azure took a deep breath, then shouted at the top of his lungs in an obnoxious tone. "Holy mother of fuck! Friendship Games, bitches!"

Indigo and Twinkle stared at Azure for several moments, then burst into laughing fits. "Oh, man!" Indigo said, struggling to breathe. "That's the funniest freaking thing I've heard in like forever!"

"You're...welcome." Azure said, his voice strained. He coughed, then took a deep breath. "I can only do that every once in a while though."

"Need some water, hon?" Twinkle asked.

"That would be nice..." Azure said hoarsely, before coughing again.

Taking advantage of her father's unintentional distraction, Indigo quickly searched the fridge and found a tin of sardines and put it in her pocket. She grinned widely. I'm probably gonna smell like fish later, but maybe the sweat will override it. She turned to face her parents. "Well, this was a blast and a half, but it's time to kick some Wondercolt ass!" Indigo said excitedly. "I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back!"

"Whip 'em good, sweetie!" Twinkle said as Indigo left.

Indigo ran over to her bus stop at full speed. She boarded the bus quickly and found De Verre sitting in her usual spot. "Hey, there you are!" She said, giving De Verre a big hug. "Where have you been all this time?"

"Family business." De Verre said, looking away.

"Okay." Indigo said. "If you don't want to talk about it, I totally get it." She said, holding her hands up.

"Thank you." De Verre said. "All I'm willing to say is that it was rough." She sighed heavily.

"Understood." Indigo said, smiling. "Anyway, are you hyped for the Friendship Games?"

De Verre smiled. "A little. Not as much as you are, obviously."

Indigo laughed. "I think the only person that's even remotely close to being as excited as I am might be Principal Cinch." She leaned in close to De Verre. "I think she's just hiding it."

De Verre giggled. "Maybe."

The bus reached Crystal Prep, and Indigo grinned. "Hey, I have something I need to take care of before we head over to CHS. I'll see you later, okay?"

De Verre nodded. "Okay."

"Sweet." Indigo said. "Later!" She disembarked from the bus and ran into Crystal Prep. She ran to the closet that the theater club used, and rifled through the costume racks. "No...no...ugh, Jesus, why do they have this? No...Yes!" She stopped at a gorilla suit. "This is perfect." She said, holding back laughter in case it gave her away.

Indigo ran to hide herself, and she changed into the gorilla costume. Her phone buzzed.

Are you in position? - Sent by Lemon Zest

Sure am! Are you? - Sent by Indigo Zap

Yep! Is the target in sight? - Sent by Lemon Zest

Not yet, but I'll let you know! - Sent by Indigo Zap

"Oh, man!" Indigo said, bouncing up and down in sheer excitement. "I don't care how long I have to wait. It's going to be so worth it!" She laced her hands behind her head and looked up to the sky, sighing in contentment. "Huh. Never thought I'd feel so relaxed in a gorilla costume." She blinked. "That's a sentence you don't hear everyday." Suddenly, a loud shriek filled the air, causing Indigo to jump. "Shit." She said breathily. "That scared the crap out of me...I hope Lemon's okay."

Nearly an hour later, Sunny Flare still had not been within Indigo's line of sight. "Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about the wait. This is starting to get ridiculous." She sighed. "I better not get heat stroke from this." She took off the gorilla mask to let her skin breathe. "Whew! Much better...why don't they make these with tiny built-in fans?" Indigo began to grow impatient, so she sent Lemon a text.

Is everything okay? I thought I heard screaming! - Sent by Indigo Zap

I'll explain later, all you need to know is that I'm fine. - Sent by Lemon Zest

If you say so. We still have an opportunity to do this. - Sent by Indigo Zap

Perfect. Just let me know when the target's in position, I'm en route to the original hiding spot. - Sent by Lemon Zest

Will do! - Sent by Indigo Zap

Indigo continued to keep her eyes peeled for Sunny Flare, fanning herself with her hands. "Gah, this damn thing is getting a little too hot for my tastes!" Immediately after she finished that sentence, Indigo had Sunny in her sights. She grinned widely and put the mask back on, then sent a text.

Target's in position! - Sent by Indigo Zap

Recording...NOW! - Sent by Lemon Zest

Indigo played airhorn noises from her phone and grabbed the tin of sardines, quickly opening it up. She rushed over to a startled Sunny Flare and began throwing the sardines at her, holding back her laughter. I think I've outdone myself here! She thought as she continued her assault.

"Great, now I'm going to smell like fish for the rest of the day!" Sunny said. Having had enough, she turned around and looked at her gorilla-costumed assailant. "What is wrong with you?!" She yelled.

Indigo shrugged, did a dance for a few seconds, then plodded off with onlookers recording and laughing heartily. I can't wait to see this on Lemon's phone! I'll be dying of laughter! She changed back into her uniform and took a whiff of the fabric. "Nice!" She said. "I can't smell the sardines!" She took a deep breath, then exhaled. "And now, for the last time...I play the waiting game."

----------------------------------------------

This was it. The moment Indigo Zap had been waiting for. Despite her excitement, she couldn't help but feel nervous. "What the hell am I getting wigged out over?" She said, crossing her arms. "Crystal Prep always wins, I have nothing to worry about." She said as she neared the buses. She cracked her neck and her knuckles. "No matter what happens, though, I will bring my best. Prepare yourselves, Wondercolts. Crystal Prep is coming for you!" She declared, then walked onto her bus.

End of Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

Comments ( 15 )
CSC

:rainbowlaugh: Oh Indigo!





Lemon Zest? You have officially been replaced.

No Sugarcoat in this one... I'm surprised and somewhat disappointed. Oh well. This story still get a fav.:pinkiehappy:

And there we go!

Sounds like we haven't heard the last of Fleur, though....

Indigo ran over to her bus stop at full speed. She boarded the bus quickly and found De Verre sitting in her usual spot. "Hey, there you are!" She said, giving De Verre a big hug. "Where have you been all this time?"

"Family business." De Verre said, looking away.

She's with Golden Crossbow and Hyper-Fan-Dude.

9993475
It's a little archaic nowadays.

11022960
Huh. News to me.

11022968
Personally, I use the term ASD (short for Autistic Spectrum Disorder), owing to the heavy use of the word 'autism' as an insult on the internet.

"Sweet." Indigo said. "Later!" She disembarked from the bus and ran into Crystal Prep. She ran to the closet that the theater club used, and rifled through the costume racks. "No...no...ugh, Jesus, why do they have this ? No...Yes!" She stopped at a gorilla suit. "This is perfect. " She said, holding back laughter in case it gave her away.

Well, this sure explains who was behind this, wasn't expecting it be Indigo though. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment