• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

In Search of Fleur De Verre

Author's Note:

Something I think I should have mentioned a while back: This is Fleur De Verre.

Indigo sped through the halls at near-top speed, gliding along using the hidden wheels from within her heels. All right, where are you? She thought, enjoying the feeling of the air on her hair. Heh. I should be a songwriter! She shook her head, bringing her back to her mission. No time for that. Gotta find De Verre!

"Hey! No skating in the halls!" Night Watch said as Indigo neared him.

"That's not technically a rule!" Indigo said, grinning as she passed the hall monitor. At least, I hope it's not. She shrugged. Semantics later, De Verre now! She thought, continuing down the corridor and turning. She nearly bumped into a student or two, apologizing as she deftly swerved around them.

Indigo passed by a clock in the hall. "Damn, not much time left!" She continued her search until the warning bell for seventh period rang. She sighed and her shoulders sagged in defeat. "Okay, next passing period then!" She said, skating to her next class.

----------------------------------------------

Seventh period ended, and Indigo bolted out of her classroom. She stopped mid-stride and skated up to a random student. "Okay, two things." She said, making a peace sign. "One." She lowered her middle finger so only her pointer finger was up. "Do you know when the last part of the Friendship Games tryouts is? And two." She lifted her middle finger back up again. "Have you seen Fleur De Verre?"

The student blinked, then answered. "The last part of the tryouts are after eighth period, on the track. I don't even know who that is."

Indigo sighed. "Well, one's better than nothing I suppose. Thanks, man." She said and skated off, continuing her search for De Verre, leaving the student puzzled. She made a sputtering noise as she turned a corner, then tripped over an extended leg. "Shit!" She yelped, and landed on the floor with a thud. She groaned slightly as the picked herself up off the floor and turned around, scowling. "What the hell was that for?!" Indigo shouted at the offending student.

The student gave Indigo a smug look. "You just looked like you needed to be brought down a couple of pegs." He said.

Indigo's face turned red with anger. "Well you look like you need to be brought up a couple of octaves!" She yelled, punctuating the final word of the sentence with a full-strength kick to the student's groin. He crumpled to the floor and doubled over in pain. "Asshole." She muttered as she left the student, then took a deep breath and exhaled. Okay, on with the-

The warning bell for eighth period rang.

"Dammit." Indigo muttered under her breath as she made her way to her eighth period class.

----------------------------------------------

Eighth period class had ended, and Indigo made a beeline to the track. "All right." Indigo said. "Time to see if all that resting paid off!"

"As you've all no doubt realized," said Principal Cinch. "This tryout will be physical. The top eleven fastest lap times will move on to the Friendship Games."

There were murmurs of excitement among the students. Indigo grinned widely. "Oh, hell yes." She said. "Gonna give this baby everything I've got!" She began stretching as Principal Cinch called out the names of each participant before they ran their lap. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Lemon Zest, Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare and Sugarcoat. No surprise there. But i'd better focus on the task at hand for now.

"Indigo Zap!" Called Principal Cinch.

Indigo grinned and lowered her goggles as she walked to her mark. "Let's do this!" She said excitedly.

"Go!"

Within a split second, Indigo summoned all the strength in her legs that she had been saving since they gave out on her. She ran like she had never ran before, like Fleur De Verre was waiting for her at the finish line...wait, what? Before Indigo knew it, she had reached the finish line. Her legs were shaking as she collapsed on the ground, panting. Yeesh, I must be feeling way more guilty than I thought. She made a sputtering noise once she caught her breath.

"My legs are going to be sore for days after this..." Indigo said, nearly groaning. "But no time to check the rankings. The final class of the day calls!" Besides, I'll be damned if I didn't at least make the top eleven! She rolled her way back to the inside of Crystal Prep.

----------------------------------------------

The final period had ended, and Indigo Zap was a woman on a mission. She cracked her knuckles and her neck. Okay, even if I don't find her in the halls, I'll see her on the bus. Better to cover all my bases and such, after all. "Indigo Zap, away!" She declared, skating on the wheels hidden in her shoes. She sped through the hallways, checking both the floor and in front of her just in case. She glanced at a clock in hallway as she passed it by.

Okay, starting to get short on time here. Indigo sighed. Don't give up, Indigo! She thought to herself. Keep it moving, and you're bound to find her! She passed by the student from earlier and glared at him. He cowered in response. "That's what I thought." She said in an intimidating tone.

I may not be the Alpha Bitch here, but it's good to know I have a decent place on the ladder. Indigo smiled to herself. I should never let my guard down here, and I learned that the hard way earlier. She rapidly shook her head. Anyway, where the hell is she?! She passed another clock in the hallways and began to panic. "Shit!" Indigo cried out. "I'm gonna miss the bus!" She began skating quickly for the exit.

Indigo reached the buses on time and boarded hers. She scanned all of the seats as she walked towards the back. The further back she got, the more she felt it was hopeless. By the time she reached the back, her shoulders were slumped in defeat. She sighed heavily. "Where could she have gone?" Indigo said, putting her hand on her forehead.

Indigo stayed in that pose until the bus reached her stop. She got off of the bus, and reality slowly dawned on her. "Ohhhh...right." She blanched. "I got so caught up in looking for De Verre that I almost forgot." She gulped. "I'll have to tell my parents..." She took a deep breath, walked over to her house, and braced herself as she opened the front door.