• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

Shattered Confidence

Indigo stared up at the ceiling for what felt like hours. It wasn't even the afternoon, and she would damn near kill to see the stars right now. She needed peace of mind. The only other thing that would come close to the comfort she feels from watching the starry night sky was up in her room, and she didn't have the will to get up. Her parents wouldn't be back until later, which meant she didn't have anyone to talk to. The thought of getting in touch with Twilight Sparkle had crossed her mind, but she hardly knew her and didn't want to dump any drama on her, either.

Indigo sighed heavily and forced herself up off of the couch. She trudged up the stairs, barely paying attention to her surroundings. Not that she needed to, she'd been living here for as long as she could remember. She entered her room and took a deep breath, then exhaled. She felt only marginally felt better, having smelled the all too familiar scent of her room. She walked over to her bed, then flopped down onto it.

Indigo turned her head to look at her bedroom clock. "If only there was some way to make time move faster." She thought out loud. "Being back at Crystal Prep would help me feel better, but I'm stuck here at home with jack shit to do except feel sorry for myself over getting my ass kicked in a video game." She put the palm of her hand to her face. "God, that sounds pathetic now that I say it out loud."

She got off of her bed, then searched through her desk drawers. "Ah, here we are." She said, and pulled out a pair of headphones. She took her phone out of her pocket and plugged her headphones in. She selected one of her playlists, and let it run as she sat on her bedroom floor and leaned against her bed. She closed her eyes and let the music wash away her concerns, sending her away to a plane of calm.

Indigo's playlist ended after about a couple of hours, and she returned her headphones to the desk drawer. She left her room and sighed. "Time for lunch, I guess." She may have lost horribly two times in a row and wallowing in self-pity, but she still needed to eat.

Indigo walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plate. She filled it up with the remainder of her leftovers, and sat down on the sofa. All she could bring herself to do was to eat and stare blankly at the television. She wasn't in the mood to be entertained, so she simply basked in the background noise.

Once Indigo finished her lunch, she sighed again. She wasn't sure if it was from being full or still feeling upset over her defeat. She put the palm of her hand to her face. "Ugh. I'm such a mess right now."

Indigo got up off of the couch and made a sputtering noise. She cleaned up after herself, then sat back down and stared at the television. She remained in that position for several minutes, then finally summoned the willpower to get herself off of the couch. "Gah! That was harder than it should have been!"

Indigo walked over to the nearest window and rested her forehead on it, staring at the outside world. She wanted to stop feeling sorry for herself. She had to stop feeling bad for herself. She needed to stop feeling bad for herself. She sighed again, causing her breath to leave a temporary fog on the glass. This had to have been the worst funk she'd ever been in. Worst of all, the only two people she could rely on to break her out of it were on vacation!

Indigo snapped out of her reverie when she heard the garage door open. Scratch that. She thought, finally able to grin. They're home early!