• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,314 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,314

Home Again

Twinkle and Azure got out of the car and looked at each other.

"Are you going to be okay, hon?" Twinkle asked her husband.

"Yeah, I actually feel much better. Thanks." He said, smiling. "But I think the better question would be if Indigo's okay."

Twinkle nodded. "I'll go up to talk to her. She might tense up again if you try to talk to her."

"Understood." Said Azure. "I'm going to go stretch my legs. I'm tired of sitting inside something, so I'll be in the backyard, exercising."

"Have fun." Twinkle said, and gave Azure a quick peck on the lips. She then walked into the house, with Azure just behind her until she began to walk up the stairs.

---------------------------------------------

Indigo Zap was on her bed, curled up. Her eyes were shut tightly, her teeth clenched together and her index fingers were plugged in her ears. She nearly yelped when she heard a knock on the door. She stayed on her bed, but slowly removed her index fingers. Her eyes remained shut and her teeth remained clenched. A moment passed, and she heard the knock on the door again.

"Indigo, honey? Are you okay?" Came her mother's voice, muffled slightly by her bedroom door.

Indigo gradually opened her eyes and unclenched her teeth. "I...I guess so." She said, uncurling herself.

"Can I come in?" Twinkle asked.

"Sure." Indigo said as she sat up on her bed. Her mother opened the door. Indigo laughed sheepishly. "Sorry about that little bit of weirdness." She said. "Being around someone who might puke really, really freaks me the fuck out."

Twinkle smiled. "Yeah. Your father and I noticed." She said, sitting next to her daughter. "But you don't have to worry anymore. He's out in the backyard doing some exercises. You know how he gets when he's stuck in a car."

Indigo smiled. "Yeah. I do. And I don't blame him. Being stuck in a car for hours would definitely make me crazy, too!"

Twinkle laughed. "Same here. I can barely keep still sitting like this as it is! Why don't we go in the backyard? Your dad and I really need to stretch our legs."

Indigo nodded. "Sure, why not?"

---------------------------------------------

Azure went outside and took a deep breath, then exhaled. He sighed with contentment. "Ahhh, much-needed fresh air." He said as he stretched. He then sprinted around the perimeter of the backyard, taking another whiff of the air. He smiled. "Good to be home." He said, feeling at peace. He stopped mid-stride as the sliding-glass door opened to reveal his wife and daughter. "Hey, Zappo." He said. "Sorry about the scare in the car."

Indigo walked over her dad and gave him a hug. "Don't be. I'm sorry that I freaked out. I don't know why it does that to me, but it just does."

Azure returned the hug. "It happens." He said as Twinkle began stretching after she closed the door behind herself. "But don't you worry, I feel better now. I just needed some fresh air after smelling that...ugh...fish."

Indigo broke the hug and stepped back a few feet. She grinned sheepishly. "Sorry. Reflex." She said, blushing.

Azure smiled. "Don't worry about it." He said. "Why don't you stay out here with us for a while?"

Indigo smiled. "Sure, I can see myself lounging while you two work out. Maybe I can find a whip or something to keep you two moving."

Azure snickered. "You can probably find one in the closet of the master bedroom." He said with a wink.

Indigo blushed deeply. "Dad! Eeew!" She knew her parents loved each other, but she didn't want to hear about their sex lives, jokes or no!

Twinkle nearly tripped upon hearing her husband's remark. "Azure Feather!" She admonished, blushing almost as deeply as her daughter.

Azure burst into laughter, much to the embarrassment of his wife and daughter.

---------------------------------------------

The sun had fully set, and the family of three were getting tired.

Indigo yawned. "Well, I'd better rest up for the tryouts tomorrow. Something tells me it's going to be a crazy day."

Twinkle and Azure panted, out of breath from all the exercising they did in the backyard. "Good night, Indigo!" They both said.

Indigo walked into the house and up to her bedroom. She changed into her pajamas and let sleep claim her for the night.