• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,314 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,314

Sunday Morning Stroll

Author's Note:

Five days until the Friendship Games.

Indigo woke up, grateful to have had a decent dream, and not a nightmare that would traumatize her, thus keeping her from playing her favorite game. That would have sucked big time! She changed into her regular clothes, then noticed the decent weather. She smiled. Maybe some fresh air will help me get my head in the game. She thought, then walked outside, taking a deep breath and exhaling.

"Gotta love the weather." Indigo said, smiling. She wasn't sure if she wanted the upcoming rematch on her mind or not. On one hand, she was looking forward to it. She demanded satisfaction for her bruised pride! But on the other hand, Indigo was also a bit concerned. Not only did that devastating loss damage her pride, but her confidence as well. What if she doesn't measure up to her opponent even after all that she went through last night?

"No!" Indigo said, not caring if anyone nearby saw her outburst as a sign that she was crazy. I can't let whoever that was get into my head like that! I have to calm down. Stay zen. She sighed and decided to get her mind off of the impending rematch. She needed to chillax.

Indigo continued moving forward, trying to distract herself from her mental turmoil. She stopped in front of a streetlight and leaned on it, folding her arms and closing her eyes. She focused on the buzzing of the cicadas, the cars passing by with music playing, the people walking past her.

"Um...are you okay?"

The unexpected question caught Indigo off-guard, and she looked up to see Twilight. Indigo blinked in surprise. "Twilight...huh. Never thought I'd see you outside of school. You come off as more of a...shut-in." Twilight frowned. "No offense." Indigo said, raising her arms in defense in the hopes it would at least make Twilight feel better.

Twilight sighed. "I suppose you're right."

"Wait. What?" Indigo said, surprised.

"That I'm a shut-in." Twilight said, looking away from Indigo. "I spend most of my time alone or reading a book indoors." She looked back at Indigo with a sad smile. "I may be a shut-in, but that doesn't mean I don't want to connect with people from time to time."

Indigo blinked and frowned, feeling sympathy towards Twilight. "Are you okay?"

Twilight sighed. "Honestly? I'm not sure. As much as I love my lab and my studies, I'm starting to feel out of place at Crystal Prep. I may get the highest scores on tests on a very consistent basis, but that's one of the reasons I feel that way. It's like I've learned everything I need to know already, and I'm not sure how to take that."

Indigo was at a loss for words for a few moments, then finally spoke up. "Twilight...I don't know what to say."

Twilight looked at Indigo and smiled. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I just needed to get it off of my chest." She put her hand on Indigo's shoulder. "Thanks for listening."

Indigo smiled and put her hand on Twilight's. "Hey, no worries. Tell ya what. If you need me for anything. Anything at all, call or text me. Here's my number."

Twilight added Indigo to her list of contacts in her phone. "Thanks, Indigo. You're friendlier than most people make you out to be." She said.

Indigo grinned. "Only when I want to be, Twilight...only when I want to be."

Twilight blinked, then shrugged. "Well, I have to get going. Thanks again!"

"No problem!" Said Indigo, and she waved to Twilight. Well, that was a thing that just happened. She thought to herself as she went back to walking. She nearly came to a complete stop when she noticed Sour Sweet walking in front of her. Indigo grinned. Might as well get some more fun in before I have that rematch!