• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

Home Alone

Walking into her house, Indigo took a deep breath and exhaled. She enjoyed the silence for all of a few minutes. "Okay. Bored now. Let's make some noise already!" She said, and turned the living room stereo to near maximum volume before putting in a heavy metal tune. If anybody at CPA ever found out how loudly Indigo played her music, they'd wonder why she hadn't either gone deaf or been arrested for disturbance of the peace.

The heavy metal music started, and Indigo ran circles around the living room, playing airhorn noises. "Aww, yeah!" She said, even though she was incapable of even hearing herself think, let alone speak. She stopped running circles once she lost nearly all of her energy. Panting, she turned the music off. "I love...doing that." She said while trying to catch her breath. She slowly got back up and clapped her hands together. "Okay! What next?"

Indigo started up her PC, put on her headphones and ran her favorite game. Shooting left, right, up, down and all over the place. None of her enemies saw her coming until it was too late. She let out a maniacal laugh. "Get rekt, bitches!" She shouted with glee. Ahh, top of the leaderboard as usual. She grinned widely, then her stomach growled. "Dinnertime!"

----------------------------------------------

"BEEEEYAAAWWWWTCH!" Indigo belched while moving her mouth. She laughed. "Man, that never gets old." She said, patting her stomach. She laced her hands behind her head and stared up at the ceiling. "Hmm." She thought aloud. "Now where do I go from here?" She closed her eyes and hummed, a technique that her mother taught her to help her focus when she was at a loss for things to do. Synapses fired and all of a sudden, electricity struck her brain. "Oh, yeah!"

She ran to her room and ripped out several pages of her school notebook. She grabbed several colored pencils and drew monsters on each of the pages. She opened a drawer from her desk in her room and took out tape. She taped all of the monsters to the walls of the house. Indigo ran back to her room and rummaged through her closet. "Yes!" She shouted, pumping her fist. She reached in and grabbed two fully loaded DERF dart guns. She narrowed her eyes as she grinned widely. "Let's kill us some monsters!" She cocked both guns and shuddered with delight. "Ohh, yeah." She said breathily. "That never gets old either." She put them in the holsters that her DERF belt held, and started on her journey.

She lurked around the house, sneaking around quietly. "I will avenge you, sensei!" She said, taking on an imaginary role as a black-belt in DERF-Fu. Her sensei was killed by rogue monsters bent on taking over the world, and their first target was her and her master's dojo. "First target...last mistake!" Indigo muttered under her breath, letting pure rage fuel her adrenaline. She'll never forget the final conversation she had with her sensei before the dojo collapsed on him.

----------------------------------------------

The dojo was in flames. Dead bodies of her fellow students were laying all over the floor. Indigo could only stand still in shock, her mouth agape. Then she heard a voice call her.

"Indigo-san! Indigo-san, is that you?!"

Indigo ran to the sound of the familiar voice. She stopped in her tracks when she saw her sensei pinned down by several pillars. "Sensei!" She shouted in panic. "Let me help you!" She tried lifting the pillars with all of her might, but it was no use. Slowly understanding the gravity of the situation, she began to cry.

"Indigo-san! From here on in, you shall be the sole survivor of DERF-Fu! Avenge me, and then spread my teachings across the land!" Said her sensei.

"Sensei, no!" Indigo cried. "I still need you! There is much more I do not know!"

Indigo's sensei smiled. "I have taught you all you need to know. You have grown into a fine student, Indigo Zap. Now go!" More of the dojo began to collapse, and Indigo ran as fast as she could to avoid getting caught in the debris and wreckage. Once outside, she turned around to see her beloved dojo in flames. She collapsed to the ground with tears in her eyes. She threw her head back. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She wailed, tears streaming down her eyes.

----------------------------------------------

Indigo clenched her hands into fists as she remembered that character-developing backstory, and allowed an imaginary tear to fall from her face. "Sensei..." She said. "You will be avenged!" She continued her stealthy trek around the house, occasionally keeping an eye on her six. You never know when someone or something could be following you. She heard a nonexistent twig snap. Indigo sharply turned around and saw a monster. She gritted her teeth and fired at will. "Die, you alien scum! For the dojo!" Her target filled with DERF darts, Indigo unsheathed her hidden DERF sword, and sliced the monster in half.

Indigo reloaded her ammunition, and continued walking around the house. Keeping her guard up, she heard rustling in the bushes of the home-turned-jungle. She unsheathed her sword. "Come at me!" She shouted. Suddenly, wave after wave of alien monsters rushed her. "Pulling out all the stops, huh?" She said, grinning. "Guess I should do the same then!" She fired, sliced, reloaded, fired, sliced, reloaded and repeated the process until she was the only one left standing. "Is...that all...you've got?" She said between breaths.

"No!" Boomed a voice.

Indigo turned around, then stared in horror. Standing before her was a mass of mutated flesh on a hovering craft. Several eyes stared at her as the abomination's mouths opened and closed, causing her stomach to churn. Its multiple limbs flailing like tentacles and its multicolored skin pulsated slightly.

"Damn." Indigo said. "I know you weren't all that good-looking the last time we fought, but if looks could kill..." She pretended to throw up. "Don't they have plastic surgeons where you come from?"

All of the creature's eyes glared at her, but to her surprise, all of its mouths curled upwards to a smile. "That's not what the students and your Sensei said when I leveled your dojo!"

Indigo's eyes narrowed as she felt her rage rise up within her. "Poor choice of words, you writhing sack of shit." She said coldly.

"Hmph." Said the monster. "Let us settle this, then! Once and for all!"

"Bring it." Indigo said, and unloaded everything she had on the monster. The battle was fierce and raged on for what seemed like an eternity. Bullets flew, lasers were fired, swords were unsheathed. But in the end, there was only one victor. That victor was Indigo Zap.

Breathing heavily, she slumped herself against a tree and laughed with tears in her eyes. "Sensei...you have been avenged. You may finally rest in peace, and I vow to carry on your teachings of DERF-Fu."

Indigo's phone went off, thus breaking her imagination's immersion. She checked it, and her eyes widened. "Wow. That late already, huh?" She shrugged. "Oh well, might as well clean this mess up."

----------------------------------------------

After she had finally cleaned everything up, Indigo changed into her pajamas. She sighed happily. "Best. Day. Ever." She said, then closed her eyes for the night.