• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,314 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,314

Boredom Strikes

Indigo walked into her house, glad to be home from Crystal Prep. She grinned widely. "Weekend!" She shouted, and did a cartwheel in the foyer. "Now...what to do?" She thought aloud. "The world is my oyster!" She said, raising her hands then dropping them with a blank stare. "What does that even mean?" Indigo shrugged. "Whatever. I'm the only one here, so I don't really have much reason to talk out loud." She rolled her eyes. Her phone buzzed, gaining her attention.

Hey, Zappo! Just checking in. How are things? - Sent by Dad

Indigo smiled warmly. She always loved it when her dad called her "Zappo". Anybody else outside of family members calling her that would get a black eye for their troubles, and that was when she was feeling generous!

The house is still in one piece. Can't say the same for all the dead bodies, though. - Sent by Indigo Zap

Again? How many times do I have to tell you, hide the dead bodies in the basement! - Sent by Dad

Indigo chuckled.

I miss you guys. Can't wait to see you! - Sent by Indigo Zap

Mom says hi! - Sent by Dad

Tell her I said hi back! - Sent by Indigo Zap

Will do! Love ya, Zappo! - Sent by Dad

Love you too, dad! - Sent by Indigo Zap

Well, now that that's been taken care of...what to do next? Thought Indigo. I already avenged my DERF-Fu Sensei... She cupped her chin in thought. Maybe I can shoot DERF darts on the ceiling? ...Nah. Indigo shook her head. "Come on, Indigo. Think!" She lightly rapped her head with her fist in an effort to get her brain in gear. Sadly, she could think of nothing. "Screw it." She said, and went into the living room and turned the television on. "Hopefully something good's on. I mean, it's a Friday night!"

---------------------------------------------

Two hours later, Indigo stared dumbly at the television screen. "Why the hell did I watch that?!" She sighed. "I don't even like reality shows!" She hit her head on the coffee table in exasperation. "Ow." She gritted her teeth. "How bored am I?!" She slapped the palm of her hand to her forehead, then dragged it down her features. She made a sputtering noise. "It feels like I've been back home for two days, and nothing's happened!"

Indigo got off of the couch and approached a mirror. She stared at her reflection, narrowing her eyes. "What is wrong with you today?" She growled at herself. "You're usually on top of this sort of thing! It's a Friday evening, for fuck's sake!" Suddenly, she smiled widely as an idea formed in her head. "Finally!" She shouted, pumping her fist in victory.

"Put on your game face, soldier!" Indigo said, pointing her finger at her reflection. "This is war, girl! Don't let boredom get the best of you! You might end up talking to your reflection!" She blinked, then immediately went back into character. "Wipe that look off of your face, Private! The irony ain't lost on me!" She allowed herself a laugh. "Okay, that small bout of self-aware insanity helped." She thought aloud. Indigo walked from the mirror to a window. She smiled. "Hmm. Seems decent enough outside. Might as well go for a jog, I could use some exercise." She went towards the door, then went outside.