• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

Homecoming

Indigo ran to the door leading to the garage, eager to hug whoever came in first. The door opened to reveal her mother. Twinkle Trick was a woman who, depending on who you asked, came off as either mysterious, magic, or both. Nobody could quite figure her out except her family, who she was always transparent and honest with.

Twinkle was a light-brown woman of average height, her yellow eyes behind a pair of thin-rimmed glasses. Her dark blue curly hair was obscured by her favorite traveling cap. She looked up from the book she was reading to see her daughter eagerly looking at her. She smiled widely and outstretched her arms. "Hey, sugar!"

Ever since Indigo was in kindergarten, she wanted to be just like her mother. She began imitating her, but to a more extreme degree, much to the confusion and frustration of those around her. She had tried to tone it down over the years, but she found it to be too difficult and just accepted the level she was at.

Indigo ran to her mother and embraced her tightly. "Hey, Mom!" She said cheerfully, then sighed as she put her head onto her mother's shoulder, which was a signal to both of her parents that she'd had it rough recently.

Twinkle frowned. "Hey...what happened?" She said, a tone of concern in her voice.

Indigo looked up to her mother. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather wait until both you and Dad are inside."

Twinkle smiled warmly. "I understand, honey." She said as she broke the hug, then went back into the garage to grab her luggage.

Shortly thereafter, her father walked through the door. Indigo smiled again and rushed over to him. "Hey, dad!" She said, giving him a hug.

Azure Feather was a well-toned man whose skin color was inherited by his daughter. Both his head of hair and facial hair were a light blue, and his bright green eyes lit up when he saw Indigo. "Hey there, Zappo!" He said, giving her a bear hug. His smile faded when Indigo pressed her face onto his shoulder. "Rough weekend?" He asked sympathetically. Indigo sighed heavily and nodded. "You want to talk about it?"

Indigo shook her head. "Not right now. I want to wait until both you and mom are inside. You need help with your luggage?"

Azure smiled. "Sure, I won't turn down an offer like that."

Indigo smiled back. "Glad to help." She said, walking into the garage. She and her parents brought in all the luggage and her parents began to unpack.

"So." Azure said, turning around to face his daughter while he and Twinkle were unpacking. "What happened?" Indigo sighed heavily and told her parents everything that had happened over the weekend up until they returned from home.

Azure and Twinkle looked at each other, then at Indigo. Azure folded his arms. "How are your legs now?" He asked.

Indigo shrugged. "They feel fine, but I should probably take it easy. Especially since tryouts for the Friendship Games are tomorrow. Then take it easy again until the games start."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Said Twinkle. "And honey...we know how much pride you have in your video game skills, but you have to keep this in mind: yes, you may have lost twice in a row. But think about how many matches you've won! Why, before you know it, you'll have a winning streak that would make Lunar jealous!"

Indigo grinned widely. "Yeah. You're right!" She ran up to them and hugged them both. "You guys always know how to cheer me up. That's why I love the stuffing out of you!"

Azure and Twinkle returned the hug and stayed in place for several moments, enjoying their warmth and love. Once they separated, Indigo clapped her hands together. "So." She said, having fully regained her confidence. "What's the plan for tonight?"