• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,313 Views, 199 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Indigo Zap - CapNTilfy



Follow Indigo Zap as she goes through life before the Friendship Games. Book Four of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
2
 199
 1,313

Recovery

After Indigo closed her door, she limped over to the living room and flopped on the couch. Her eyes widened and she slapped the palm of her hand to her face. "Dammit! I forgot to get Filly Guide cookies!" She shouted. "Ugh. I've been doing some pretty reckless shit lately. I should probably tone it down a bit." She made a sputtering noise, staring up at the ceiling. She winced in pain as she felt her legs throb with pain from all the running. "Yep. I am outta shape something fierce."

Indigo forced herself up off of the couch and hobbled towards the kitchen. "Oof. I need this more than anything else at the moment." She thought aloud as she opened the freezer and grabbed two cold packs, one for each leg. She sat back down and pressed each pack on the throbbing, sore parts of her legs. She flinched, gasped, then shuddered with relief as the cold packs worked their magic on her poor sore muscles. "Ahhh." Indigo sighed with relief. "That's the shit right there..."

Indigo held the cold packs to her legs as long as her arms would allow. "Not gonna be able to keep this up for much longer." She said, feeling the muscles in her arms ache. She sighed, frustrated. "I guess that's it for now." She said, lowering her arms. "I'd rather not have to use ice packs for my arms as well." She stood back up then put the ice packs back into the freezer.

Indigo walked back to the living room couch and laid down on it. She stared at the television blankly for a few moments, then turned it on. "Hopefully there's something at least halfway decent on right now. If not, there's always video games." She flipped through several channels for a few moments, then made a sputtering noise. "Getting boooorrrreeeed." She said to nobody in particular. She buried her face into the couch, hoping for some inspiration to get her out of her bout against boredom.

I'm gonna lose my mind at this rate! Indigo thought, exasperation slowly getting the better of her. She screamed into the couch, venting her frustrations. She then sighed and got up off of the couch. "At least I can still move around. Better than being immobile." She scoffed. "If that were the case, then I'd lose my shit much faster!"

Indigo stared down at her legs. "I guess I can't expect that one or two crazy runs will keep these two looking good." She walked around the living room, then winced in pain after her second go-around. "Okay, at least I know I shouldn't walk around for too long." She said, frowning. "Seriously though, I don't get how some people prefer to be inactive! The thought alone is making me crazy!" She said, flailing her arms.

Indigo sighed heavily. "Okay, Indigo...get a grip on yourself. This isn't the worst place to be." She took a deep breath and exhaled. "Huh." She said. "I kinda feel a bit more relaxed now. But where do I go from here? There's only so much I can do..." Her eyes darted to the video game console. "Not exactly a last resort, but it's better than nothing at this point!"

Indigo turned on the console and started up a game. The screen suddenly began flashing, nearly blinding her. "Shit!" She yelped, then looked at the screen.

Mega playoff tournament in 10 minutes! It said.

Indigo's eyes brightened and she grinned. "Oh, yeah! Now we're talking!" She entered herself into the tournament, then her stomach growled. "Lunchtime!" Going at a moderate pace so as not to exacerbate her condition, she grabbed some leftover pizza from the previous night and a drink. She set them on the coffee table next to her, then rubbed her hands in gleeful anticipation as the screen began to count down from ten. Feeling her excitement rise, she counted down along with the timer. "Nine...eight...seven...six...five...four...three...two...one!"

The screen flashed again, and Indigo's eyes widened in shock.