• Published 12th May 2018
  • 11,318 Views, 86 Comments

The Only Way Forward - Jest



Now fused with a changeling parasite, Rarity goes about her life, ignorant to what her other half has planned for their body and their race.

  • ...
45
 86
 11,318
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 47 )

Eh.


Skimmed/skipped half the chapter because the CMC truly annoy me, too often it's just dumb kids being dumb, which isn't nearly as enjoyable to me as it once was in large quantities.


Also since it's been a while, so I can't remember just how big the egg was, just that there were issues getting it up there. Between that and the other modifications Rarity should look pregnant if not heavily pregnant! I understand Elusive is running interference so she doesn't notice, but should other ponies, especially Twilight, notice?

9017377
She shifted her body and organs around to make it less noticable. Plus it's only been a few days of growing.

It seems Elusive's mentality has changed more and more away from usual Changelings. Maybe one day she and Rarity would fully merged and become a new kind of pony with best of both worlds? I bet Twilight would be delight to know that her lover could become anypony she dreamed about.

I do see how twilight being turned into a hybrid will affect t her going alicorn

So now Elusive is planning on having other changelings take over ponies, and more of the mane 6 no less. :facehoof: I see nothing helpful for the changeling's cause in this plan at all. I don't know what all is going into this 'peace treaty' but I'd bet that the negotiations aren't taking 'changelings possessing ponies' into account. The way things are going, I half expect Equestria First being declared justified in their actions and Ponyville being burned down as 'Infested beyond saving' with Sweetie Belle holding the torch.

So delicious XD

i practically squeed out loud when i saw that this chapter was uploaded and had 26k words XD

am getting a bit worried about Sweetie belle though :/ she might actually aid those Equestria first dweebs... and her reaction to Rarity's situation has the potential to either break Rarity.... or cause her to hate Elusive with a passion :/ which would be really bad for the both of them....

Another huge chapter, lovely! Although the anal pieces in clop do make me uncomfortable as this does not fit my tastes, the plot overall greatly made up for it!

And with merging more ponies and changelings together? Not sure if I'd fancy that, even if it might better both. Especially since I'd like to preserve Twilight as she is now for some odd reason I can not really explain. Maybe the adorable way she is written here makes me want her to be immune to change. Exclusively having Rarity and Elusive is enough in my opinion.

But these are just opinions of mine. I will keep the follow on here to see where it goes, Thanks for updating, Jest! :twilightsmile:

P.S. Poor Silver Spoon, I really hope she gets accepted back in town soon, she has not done anything wrong! :fluttershysad:

Exited for the potential merge with Twilight. Great work, keep it up.

Very long chapters but very good chapters! Really enjoying reading this awesome story! Can hardly wait for more!

Right, so looks like pinkie is going to be joining up next. then i'd say fluttershy, followed by AJ and rainbow.

Also, i'm pretty sure Sweetie belle is going to screw rarity and elusive over big time at some point, well elusive anyway. depends on how merged they become.

Jeez, this is getting into some very deep planning now and I’m so eager for more!

Holy hell these word counts.

9049090
No kidding, and in only two months? I couldn't write that much in two years.

9050924
5k words everyday baby.

9051016
Lol, this update was a week of work, not including editing. If ya want something bad enough, ya gotta work for it and being an author is all i've ever dreamed of. Do what you love, friend.

9051039
Mm, I'm more of a hobbyist in a group project, myself. It's a lot of fun when I finally get an idea for an interaction, but then I spend four hours messing with two paragraphs because OCD's a bitch who smells like a goat. Even knowing I could write a lot if I applied myself to get through the mental barriers, I still kind of have to be awed by the people who've already done it, or at least gotten further. Personally though, I'm mostly a daydreamer and I'm pretty content with that.

Anyway, this story keeps getting more and more interesting. I'm genuinely impressed by how the pacing seems kind of slow and kind of fast at the same time, and how the stakes feel so high yet so subdued whenever they're not the absolute full focus. The polarized nature fits the plot perfectly. I dunno if it's just a me interpretation of the mood, but that's what I see and I enjoy it immensely.

9051067
You have no idea how happy it makes me for someone to notice my pacing. Keeping the tension high for all of them, while low for Rarity.... thanks.

9051073
My pleasure! Also it's 4:30 AM so I kinda have to cut this off, have a good day/night/whatever it is there!

love it so far, keep up the good work

This story is intriguing hope to see an update soon. I don't exactly like what Elusive did to Rarity but I want to see how things process.

i 'think' i remember another story that uses the exact same cover art out there with a very similar premise...but im prety sure that one is a horror story...but my memory may be faulty

9178543
I also had this cover art specifically commissioned for this story. So if their is a story thats the same with the same cover art, I am the OG here.

9178931
Original gangsta forevah bebeh.

knock knock
*opens the door*
Is anyone here?

9242629
*From the shadows*
Nobody's home!!

Really enjoying the story so far. Wish it was updated more, but I understand it can take awhile with the word count of these chapters!! Keep up the great work!! :derpytongue2:

When is the next chapter coming out

I love the way and direction this is going

This might be the most interesting (and slightly disturbing) take on changelings I've ever seen. I love it!

The unicorn chuckled. “Green tea.”

As someone who drinks green tea all the time I can confidently say has enough caffeine in it to at least be annoying to try to get sleep after drinking cup of don't know where o near as bad as some other teas

still no idea when next chapter may come?

10451779
When they commissioned more.

10969164
until the commissioner wants more.

10969167
It's been almost 4 years...

10969172
Give me an example of a commissioner's interest lasting two years, let alone four...

10969184
I dont care to. But the commissioner is still a patron so its not impossible.

10969199
Could someone else pay up for a continuation?

10977508
Provided the original commissioner is okay with it.

10977513
I'm thinking about it... Good I love stories like this and "the uncoverted one"

Did the original commissioner ever give approval to continue?

11311324
No idea. Though I presume so.

11311428
any chance you can check with the commissioner to see if it is ok if someone else pays for more chapters

11434017
anyone can

Login or register to comment