• Published 2nd Apr 2018
  • 21,963 Views, 834 Comments

Certifiably Insane - Tjtbomb



Stallions are weak, soft, sensitive, and need a mare to take care of them. Everypony knows that. Well, except this one Stallion, but he’s insane, so he needs help anyway, right? (RGRE one shot extended into a half-proper story. Idk)

Comments ( 77 )

Ya kinda lost me

I mean.....I know the outcome, but I still want to hear what exactly the game even was....ya know?

eh, one of those chapters ill just shove in the back of storage to forget... don't get me wrong, it was a good chapter... just a 'meh' from me though.

9750544
Yeah, just needed to clarify some stuff I guess. Idk, might end up editing it later. I need more funny shit to play off of

RGRE Fanfic.

i have been confused for almost a year now, what the heck does that stand for? RGRE? its pasted around on some stories, but NOWHERE on the internet can i figure out what it means, stands for, or what its about in any way..

other than that, it looks promising, will read it at a later date :)

9750561
Reversed Gender Role Equestria. Like a really overdone comedy trope based on the fact the gender ratio in Equestria is like 11 to 1 in the mares favor. Basically all the guys are pasty dough boys who are the most sensitive wimps of all time except for your chosen antagonist or whatever.

9750561
Reverse Gender Roles Equestria
IE: Mares acting like men and Stallions acting like women.
Usually incredibly exaggerated.

9750563

9750574
thanks :twilightsmile: been confused for a while :twilightblush:

Thanks for the chapter ^_^.

Wow... just... wow. First, you introduce him to us in the first chapter and we all believe it was a HiE by being dimensionally misplaced... now, you son of a bitch(in the good way) just make a plot twist almost out of nowhere and thus, making your story more rare(common, not so rare, rare, epic, legendary, unique in scale) in fimfiction.

Congrats, nobody has predicted this outcome and it's still entertaining. Reborn in equestria after being send to hell and back. That one i did not see that coming in my wildest dreams.

But because the actual name is fockin' long and contains a few sounds I can't even produce without stabbing something fleshy, even demons call it Tartarus. Or Hell.

I... Imma be stealing this.

Jack is a greater demon

huh

The more you know

*Internally going over every possible way he can fuck over the mane six via demonic powers*

*Laughing evilly*

Damnit! Why can’t I give this story a 2nd like? Hell, infinite likes!

Jack Marley. is best pone btw.

If this was literally any other fic, I would've been really pissed at this chapter. But because it is this fic, it just works so well. It's weird, but I can't complain.

Not thrilled with this chapter for the whole demon thing

Like any self-respecting young Irishman, he would go drinking every payday and burn through all his hard-earned cash.

Note: the reason for this is that under British rule, it was basically the only thing Irishmen were allowed to buy.

Tartarus isn't actually its name, just the name of its original resident.

This is not completely inaccurate to the original myths; Tartarus was the jailer, but being a Protogenoi means that he was in fact also the jail.

I love this, it’s so funny and the showdown before with Jack vs Discord is epic.

Poor Celestia, no wonder her demon sense was going off. Now I wonder how ol Tirek is going to take it when he finds out who Jack actually is?

9750919
Flee. Flee in terror. Then again, I think the Tartarus that ponies lock up undesirables in is different than the one that Jack was stuck in. It's likely a small portion carved out of the ceiling of Hell.

9750939
The running canon is that it’s literally Tartarus’s attic

9750939
9750945

It would make it funny if Tirek only learned this fact after he hurt Gilda. Discord would be doing everything in his power to stop Tirek from making that mistake but once it was made he will allow Jack to have his fun.

9750945
Also, I'm not sure if Tirek would even know of Jack, seeing as how Tirek was locked up for a lot longer than Jack had been in Hell.

9750636
The greatest demon, at one point. Arguably still the King of Hell, albeit stepping down in favor of screwing with mortals. Paramount Leader of Hell, then, because regardless of official titles nobody there would dare cross him.

Much as I love this story and everything in it, my favorite part is still the line

"BORN IN THIS HOLE DIE IN THIS HOLE!"

:rainbowlaugh:

Well sir, you have out done yourself. When you first mentioned demons and how jack effortlessly killed them I thought that Jack was a human demon hunter that some how either was sent to equestria or got tricked by a demon and ended up here. Never once did I assume he was in fact the most powerful demon to ever live and a master gambler so this was a perfect plot twist. Well played good sir, well played indeed.

On a side note since he beat Tartarus himself doesn't that mean he's now the literal ruler of Hell because if that's true then why is he here and not ruling Hell or something like that? Also the ending of the story doesn't add up and I feel he's not telling everything... well i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

First, a comment on the big thing: Personally, it felt like making Jack a demon made him less special. I'd have preferred if you didn't.

Second, regarding his backstory. He wouldn't have had a few dollars in his pocket that long ago. A browser crash ate the detailed, cited thing I got nerd-sniped into writing but the gist of it was that:

1. At the time, it was still joachimthallers (the silver coins that were circulating around that time, from which "dollars" eventually originated)
2. They're far too valuable for how you used them.

A labourer made about 3 pence per day 448 years ago and it was about one penny per pint, according to the resources I found, so it'd be more reasonable to say that he was down to his last few farthings (4 farthings to the penny).

9751392
Nice research. I wasn’t willing to put in that much effort though. Also, I don’t mean to sound rude, but I write in whatever direction I feel led to, and the demon thing is kind of vital to the continued plot in my head. Sorry if you don’t like it. (Meant in an actual apologetic tone, sir)

9751405
No worries. In hindsight, I should have left out the "I'd have preferred if you didn't." It was already implicit in saying that it felt like it made him less special.

Started this last night and finally got cought up, good story and definitely funny having that culture shock

A demon who's also an Irishman... I fail to see anything new with this image:moustache:

9751866
I legit have no idea what story you may be talking about. In my mind going to the equestrian universe and not being changed into a more peaceful race like a pony, griffon, dragon, changeling or even a villain is fairly unusual and original in my case. I don't think I copied anyone. I may be playing off of the fighting irish stereotype, but that matches the character

9751871
I suppose my words weren't understood the way i thought they meant in my head...

Irishman + Demon = just a regular everyday Irish Joe (aka the most stereotypical Irishman stereotype)

I think in strange ways and see connections where others do not... I also might very well be considered completely insane, but then again being sane is boring *shrugs*

9751879
Half crackfic, half serious. This is the recipe for humor in my book. too much of one or the other and I can't enjoy it anymore. That's why lord of the rings got a bit too dreary by the third book. I finished it, but it got way too serious by the end.

9751882
I must've read that particular trilogy a dozen times and i still love it

Interesting at first, but then it veers headlong into the territory of mary-sue chuuni bullshit. And I mean that in a bad way, it makes this story look fucking stupid.

9751974
Still a crackfic at heart I suppose. I regret nothing

Perhaps this will be more plainly answered later, but, if I may, did Jack lose the game against Tartarus or is the game being turned into a baby pony?

9752262

"Well obviously I won, or I wouldn't be here."

"So it wasn't this big, epic showdown of awesome wits and wicked cheating and bucking around with his mind?"

"Surprisingly, not really. A simple little trick that would have screwed over any demon, but luckily I was also a human. Kind of a let down after all the buildup. Nice guy actually. Got me reincarnated as a baby horse, but hey, it was just a roll of the dice."

Does that answer your question?
:twilightsmile:

9752426
Ah, I see. That makes a bit more sense on the second reading, since, on the first one, I had somehow managed to assume the 'win' in that particular quote meant at the card tables before dealing with Tartarus.

"So it wasn't this big, epic showdown of awesome wits and wicked cheating and bucking around with his mind?"

"Surprisingly, not really. A simple little trick that would have screwed over any demon, but luckily I was also a human. Kind of a let down after all the buildup. Nice guy actually. Got me reincarnated as a baby horse, but hey, it was just a roll of the dice."

So, wait, are you saying that how Tartarus won all those games was through either just playing fair or using loaded dice? That is absolutely hilarious.

9752881
Playing fair and calling others for cheating seems like the best way to beat a demon. Probably the method Tartarus used.

Can we get a series on Jack's adventures through Tartarus? I loved this chapter

9755970
That’s not a bad idea, but I’m not sure I want to write 425 chapters out. I’d have to space it a bit more

Ok I have to say that I also want to meet this kick ass granny and maybe the mother since I would be curious how she reacted to her son being a independent male that took shit from no one (especially in the play ground at school) not to mention the reaction from both the teachers and the other students because most of them ARE female hell I bet his granny is the only one that ever got him to straighten up with actually beating him for cursing at the teachers not to mention the possible yelling matches between the two with mommy there at the middle of it her expression showing that she’s lost and shocked at her SON knowing those words It’ll be entertaining.

Just binges read it and I really like your take on the RGRE story and the backstory doesn' come of as preachy or power fantasizing which is hard usually with the *spoilers* " I am a demon thing" honestly 10/10

This started out as a sort of shit post, but I've warmed up to it more and more, as you've put more effort and thought into it.
Good show lad, you've done me proud.

9751392
I realized the miscommunication now, as I'm rereading my chapter.

Jack is not from 450 years ago from real world time, he fell into tartarus during modern day times, and then lived 425 years there.

Login or register to comment