• Published 23rd Feb 2018
  • 2,067 Views, 52 Comments

Terror of the Flutterbat - Discord The Narrator



Flutterbat attacks Canterlot High. What will her friends do?

  • ...
4
 52
 2,067

Finale

Twilight and Sunset saw a panicked Rainbow inside the lab, waiting as the vampires kept trying to enter. With the barrier Rainbow did earlier, she would be safe for some time.

"We have to make some of them follow us. That way, Rainbow will have less problems." said Sunset.

"I'll do it." said Twilight.

"Are you sure? You still have the cure." said Sunset.

"I'll do it." repeated Twilight, getting out of the classroom where they were hiding.

Sunset watched on the cameras as Twilight made her way to the Science Lab. The four vampires were there, trying desperately to break the blocked door and catch Rainbow.

Twilight looked at them for some seconds. Then, she grabbed air and shouted:

"Hey! Leave her alone!"

One by one, they stopped pounding on the door and focused their red eyes on Twilight. Their faces tried to warn Twilight of the danger, but she was brave.

"Come and get me instead!" shouted Twilight, before starting to run on the opposite direction. Pinkie and Rarity screamed and ran chasing her. However, Applejack and Fluttershy didn't fell on that, so they kept trying to enter the lab.

Rainbow felt safer...

Until the door started to break...

_______________________________________

"Sunset! I'm going inside the gym! Pinkie and Rarity will be too busy to go back to the lab!" Twilight's voice was heard on the camera.

"Ok, Twilight. Be careful!" said Sunset.

"I will."

"Rainbow? How are you doing?" asked Sunset.

"Well, not good, if you can see it on my camera..." said Rainbow, focusing her camera on the lab's door. Fluttershy and Applejack were going to break it.

"Oh no... Do you see any other exit?" asked a worried Sunset.

"Negative... I guess this is my end..." answered Rainbow. Those words made Sunset feel really bad.

She covered her face with her hands, as she didn't want to see whatever happened next.

_______________________________________

Twilight had only a few seconds to block the doors when she arrived to the gym. So she decided to use her own strength for that.

No matter what she did, Pinkie and Rarity would enter...

But she could at least buy herself a little more time defending the doors...

At that moment, she heard Rainbow's voice on the camera.

"Well, it was cool meeting all of you, girls..."

_______________________________________

At the Science Lab, Rainbow looked at the nearly broken doors.

Having seen that those would most likely be her last moments, she said:

"Well, it was cool meeting all of you, girls..."

She closed her eyes, waiting for the inevitable end, as Fluttershy and Applejack finally broke the door and ran towards her...

However, something happened...

And every sound stopped abruptly...

_______________________________________

When Rainbow opened her eyes, the two vampires were standing still, their bodies shaking as their eyes pointed at the ceiling.

"Rainbow? What happened?" Sunset's voice was heard.

"Um, maybe you won't believe me, but they suddenly stopped." said Rainbow.

"The same thing here. Rarity and Pinkie are here, but they are just... shaking?" said Twilight over the cameras.

"Wait, what's with that light?" asked Sunset.

"What do you mean, Sunset? The only light is coming from t-" Rainbow stopped talking as she looked at the windows.

"That's it! The Sun! It makes them do that!" she said.

"Its light is shining throughout the school!" said Twilight.

"Wait a minute! Twilight, do you still have the cure?" asked Rainbow.

"Yes, and it's time to use it and wait for the results!" said Twilight.

_______________________________________

At the gym, Twilight got by Rarity's side and gave her a small dose of the cure.

Just then, Rarity gasped monstrously as she closed her eyes. Twilight took a few steps back, just in case.

However, when Rarity reopened her eyes, they had recovered their old color.

"Why is my hair looking so messy!? And my clothes!!" she said.

Twilight gave Rarity a warm hug while she tried to process everything.

"Whatever happened here, darling?" said a confused Rarity.

"We'll explain it later." said Twilight, getting out of the gym.

_______________________________________

After some time, Twilight had given the rest of the cure for the three remaining vampires. Everyone had reunited inside the gym to talk about everything that had happened during the night. Sunset's camera still recorded.

"I just can't believe you bit me, Fluttershy!" said Rarity, grooming her hair.

"I was a vampire... I could have done more horrible things... I'm so sorry..." said Fluttershy, about to start crying.

"Meh, it's ok! Don't be so sad with yourself!" said Pinkie, embracing her friend in a hug.

"Besides, I gave all of you the cure, so the infection shouldn't appear again." said Twilight.

"Um... Is it strange that Ah still feel a little bit hungry?" asked Applejack.

Everyone looked at her, only to laugh seconds later.

"Hold on!" Rainbow realized something. "All the school is a mess! Do you remember Trixie's birthday?"

"Unfortunately, yes. But we can try and fix things, even if she discovers it. Or this." said Sunset, pointing at her camera.

"Do you think it's a good idea to show Trixie everything?" asked Twilight.

"Trust me, she will freak out." said Sunset, chuckling.

While everybody talked about the events of the previous night, Sunset smiled at the camera.

And finally, she stopped the recording.

_______________________________________

The End

Comments ( 41 )

Can't wait to see the look on Trixie's face!

"Um... Is it strange that Ah still feel a little bit hungry?" asked Applejack.

Everyone looked at her, only to laugh seconds later.

Sequel hook? ;-)

8779644
Yeah, I guess I love that word.:twilightsheepish:

8779678
Vampire AJ would be something. It's different than the usual "werewolf Applejack" I've seen in a few stories...

8779687
XD All right then. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next installment to drop.

I bookmarked and favorited this story a while ago. I remember that I did read it but I never left a review for some reason.

So now I am leaving my thoughts.

I personally really enjoyed reading this story. The character development was really good and the chapters flowed really well.

If people haven't read this story yet, I highly recommend checking it out.

9165091
It's ok, that can happen.:ajsmug:

And that's a nice review. Thanks for your time!:twilightsmile:

9165095 You are very welcome. Thank you for writing the story. I enjoyed reading it. :)

That was amazing! Here's a fave from me!

I forgot to upvote this. Mistake corrected.

So I'm confused. The image is of Fluttershy(bat), yet you have the Equestria Girls tag. So is the story and Equestria Girls fic or a MLP:FiM fic? :derpyderp1:

9475418
It's a Equestria Girls story, only that I couldn't find any suitable EQG image of Flutterbat.:twilightsheepish:

9682370
Suitably intimidating, and E-rated, I'd say (or U, as we say in Britain).

9682494
It would also reduce confusion (and delay).

9682531
Though this story has been around for a while, so I doubt changing the cover art will do much.

9682582
No idea, although sometime in the future, I'll probably write a sequel.:derpytongue2:

9682624
Well, Nightmare Night 2019 is only four months away...

9687769
Yep, that's right. Not sure if I could try and write something for that day.:derpytongue2:

oh my goodness, you actually did it: you made a "found-film" story that DOESN'T have a downer ending!! 😆

This was a great story but i got to admit i'm morbidly curious of what happened if they failed and all became vampires. Do you think you can do a dark or bad end? I'm really curious of that outcome

10077504
Huh, I had never thought about it. That sure is an interesting concept.:derpytongue2:

Although I'm planning to do a sequel for this one, but I'll keep your idea in mind.:ajsmug:

10078555
Cool! i look forward to your sequel

I reviewed this, though admittedly it was a long time ago. An EqG version of Flutterbat is an interesting idea, and I like the unreliable video cameras. What lets it down is the technical aspect. For example, the Lavender Unicorn Syndrome (overusing descriptions for characters rather than their names) and a general clunkiness, eg:

"Fluttershy is a vampire!!" The party girl shouted.

I think smoothing out things like that and giving this a good proofread would have better brought out the potential it already has.

10193481
In fact, I remember telling you I had found your review by myself.:yay:

Again, thank you for taking your time to read and review my story. I appreciate your advice.:twilightsmile:

My opinion on this it's okay not my favorite short story so all in all it's meh.

11368896
Oh...

Well, at least you took some time to read it and leave a comment, unlike the people who simply downvote any story because of any reason they may have.

I love this! XD It also brings a more realistic take on some diseases that could be similar to vampirism in the real world and I love how Rarity was slightly offended about getting bit.

11831623
Ah, glad you liked the story! And yes, dignity is one of Rarity's priorities.:yay:

Login or register to comment