• Published 4th Feb 2018
  • 5,417 Views, 78 Comments

Something to be Proud of - Eighth



Trixie finds herself feeling aimless and unsure in life like many fillies without their cutie mark. And then she stumbles across a strange creature of great magical power who, while odd, seems to know the direction Trixie must take.

  • ...
11
 78
 5,417

Epilogue

Adoring fans clap and cheer in a fit of both wonder and amazement as Trixie steps into the backstage of her wagon. The show she put on was great. One of her finer performances yet. She gives herself a pat on the back as she puts her cape and wizard hat on the hooks for them. Then with a liberated sigh, she steps outside through the back door as the crowd at the front disperses.

A small filly then scurries around to the back to find Trixie.

"Miss Trixie," the unicorn cries out in a unique country style drawl.

"Yes, what can the Great and Powerful Trixie do for you," Trixie replies, taking careful consideration to roll her r's.

"My name is Liberty Belle, and I want to be a performing magician like you. I've still yet to get my cutie mark, but I hope I get a magic one just like you."

The filly beams as she looks up with idolisation towards Trixie. With a careful eye, Trixie examines the filly. Staring not just at her, but through her into something deeper. And then there a something stirs, as if calling, which leads her to smile at her next idea.

"Are you sure?"

The filly nods over-eagerly and Trixie tells her to wait a moment so she can step inside her wagon. There she roots around for a few things, trying to recall something long lost. All sorts of costumes, gifts, tools, and poor decision with money litter the wagon so it takes a moment before she uncovers a book labelled, 'Magic and its Magical Properties'. Trixie opens the book to find it completely blank. Where all those notes, drawings, and over scrawlings have disappeared too, Trixie is unsure but she knows of one possible explanation. The only page with something on it is the first.

THIS BOOK IS THE PROPERTY OF:
__________________________

Then she grabs an ink and quill as she walks outside, where the nervous but excited unicorn is waiting.

"Now, if you're serious about learning magic, then you'll need this."

As the book is handed to the filly, she opens it up and is immediately disheartened at the blank pages.

"It's a magic book," Trixie replies plainly to the now brightening Liberty Belle's face, "And without it, I would never have been the mare I am today. So, if you're sure this is what you need to do then when you're ready... Swear it. There's powerful magic in a swear, but until then, sign here."

Comments ( 44 )

Interesting

That was a really cute and comfy little story. Glad I read it.

:heart:

I'll comment with more than just love later once I read all of it.

On a scale of worth to worth I'd have to say it's beyond worthy of a read

Just started this but I'm enjoying it!

I came looking for comedic relief
All I found was a masterpiece filled with feels

It's adorable and when thinking of anonymous I can't help but think of Merlin from the sword in the stone

This was such a nice story from start to finish. It's such a light read, but in the good kind of way. Like, get rid of the ponies and it's probably the kind of short story I would have loved to read in elementary school, but that would still bring a warm feeling to my heart in adulthood.

Regidar #9 · Feb 4th, 2018 · · 34 ·

This would have been enjoyable if you had bothered to write a pony/pony story instead of one with a stupid meme character that can't be taken seriously at all.

8712578
If you knew you wouldn't like it having Anon, why bother?

Regidar #11 · Feb 4th, 2018 · · 17 ·

8712637
because i wanted to see if it was a good story with anon or a bad story with anon
it was a good story with anon, and it would be an amazing one without him

8712640
I'm glad you think so highly of this story that you think it could be amazing with a character change. But I used him for a particular reason, the name.

8712654
that's fair
i apologize for how cuntish i came off as

I really enjoyed this. Honesty I was going to make a quip about how the only disappointing thing about it was how it was over too quickly, but well made short stories have their place and sometimes mean more than those of epic length.

Right in the feels :fluttershyouch:

"There's powerful magic in a swear."

No truer words spoken

Good Shit... Real Good

I've read a lot of stories on this site. None, in my opinion, match this little gem. It's short, it's dense, and more often than not I rarely consider such things to be part of a good story. Perhaps a small children's tale or vignette. But this was something else. This story covers, what, a week in story time? And yet I've never seen so much great character development and or been so hooked with every word. Not a single word was wasted, as far as I'm concerned, because from start to finish I was entertained and immersed in the story.

Good job!

I really liked this. I hope that something like this comes again somehow. Anyway, good story. You've earned a follow! :pinkiesmile:

I enjoyed this story. Very well done :twilightsmile:

very well done I haven't read such a touching story in a long time

Wait, is he a ghost or what? How did the teacher know about him? Was he a spirit?

this is a really good story i would like more because i want to know what would happen if anon popped up during trixies time with starlight

And so the student has become the teacher and the cycle continues. :scootangel: This was a truly endearing story. I can see this as something a grandparent tells their grandkids before bed. Amazing work and well done. :twilightsmile:

This was short and amazing. While I can't really see where this would connect to the show, it does provide a very good backstory to Trixie. Aside from some small grammar errors, there really isn't much I would change aside from how it leads to the show. All in all, a wonderful story to be read in an hour. 9.5/10

Short, sweet and I loved every second. Thank you for this story.

That was awesome! Truly amazing. Very heart warming, a little sad at the end, but capped off with wonder.

Cover art is adorable.

This was a really nice story. Sweet, sad, and a bit heartwarming at the end, It makes me hope she gets to see him again one day. :pinkiehappy:

My only nitpick is that the only appropriate place to put this song would ruin the mood.

That was really heartwarming. Thank you.

This was, is, absolutely AMAZING!
It's heart felt and heart warming, funny, slightly sad, and alround great.
And we love you for it.

Wonderful story, the ending is a bit short and not as heartfelt as the previous chapter, but beautiful nonetheless

10/10 would read again, when the need to see some onion ninjas rise

I want a sequal SOOOOO bad.

Bretty gud stuff! :pinkiehappy:

Good Golly, The story was just amazing
And it's heartwarming that Anon wasn't real because if he were then Trixie would have to deal with Elders dying cuz of old age. Atleast Anon sweared that he would always be around

Instant favourite, lovely read from chapter one all the way through the end.

(T.T)

Tan hermoso...¿Entonces todo era la imaginación de Trixie?

A top quality story. Thank you for sharing this.

I want to make a sequel for this, but I don't know what it would be about! This story completes itself in the most wonderful manner!

11886542
If it helps, I wrote this with a sequel in mind. It was originally going to be a two parter and I wanted to force myself to write each part in a week. Part two was all planned out, I just never set aside a week to write it.
Glad you liked it and felt inspired to write.

11887594
I'm stuck on a few ideas. 1 being, Anon shows up and Trixie becomes friends with him, but this is our classic black suit annoying Anon. The second was old wizard pops back up, but he's younger and learns magic from her? 3 is annoying Anon, but he is indeed the Wizard, trying to see discreetly (in his own definition of such) just how much she has improved.
Which sounds good to you?

Login or register to comment