• Published 18th May 2017
  • 28,274 Views, 396 Comments

A Dance Amongst the Stars - SilentKnight



Matthias Martin lost much when fate dropped him into the heart of Equestria but thanks to a certain trio of princesses he's gained much in return. However, he finds himself wanting more and is afraid of what he'll have to give up in exchange.

Comments ( 86 )

Aaaah, magnificent! Been looking forward to this!

I actually kind of like chunky chapters. It's perfect for sitting down for a long reading session. Happy to see this updated and going to give it a re-read to catch back up to what was going on. ^^

Stars above a new chapter! The wait between chapters is nothing compared to the quality that each contain. Hopefully now that Mathias has a pretty good understanding of what Twilight and Luna want he can bring it out into the open. Gonna laugh if he brings it up to Celestia and she tells him how she feels too.

As for all chapters:

Aaaah... That was satisfying! Tomorrow will be an interesting day for May. He needs to let Twi know he wants her too. And good that was so HOT! The payoff of all this, especially when Celly let's her feelings be known too will be amazing! Thank you again for your wonderful writing! I await your future installments with hungry eagerness!

I'm sorry, but there is to much jargon and not enough excitment to even keep my attention through 25,000 words per chapter. I made it a little ways into the last chapter and couldn't even do it. Sorry, but I will probably never finish this story fue to how much of a grind it is to read this all.

Ok, that picture at the end is far cuter than it deserves to be.
Glad to see a new chapter. We'll see where this goes.

I don't remember. Previous chapters. Being so choppy. That and wondering if I missed a chapter were the only distraction I had reading this chapter.

The romance was addressed later, but at the beginning I was constantly wondering "Did Twilight confess? Does Matt understand what's going on or not???"

9474959
What we have is whole lot of talking past one another and miscommunication on both parties’ part. In essence, back in chapter 4 when Matthias was explaining to Twilight why he was so confused and upset by Luna kissing him, he mentioned how he had these feeling for Twilight, Luna, and Celestia but didn’t want to act on them because he didn’t know if they would be reciprocated. So Twilight, coming from a polygamous culture hears, “I have feelings for you all,” and believes he’s confessed so she comes across the mirror and tries to show him it’s okay for him to feel this way and that she feels the same way. However, because of he way herd courting works, something I’ll go into more detail in a later chapter, she didn’t outright say, “I love you, take me now.”

Thanks for the question and I hope you enjoyed

I’m enjoying this more and more as it goes on. Good characterization and I like the OC.

And the smexy stuff was pretty hot. Just the right amount of detail and I appreciate the focus on the feelings. A+

9475732
Thanks for the catch

It always makes my day when I get to read another chapter of this story. And I hope one day I can write characters with this much depth as I read in this story.

Keep it up. You got a good thing going.

9474785
The thing is that the ratio becomes completely irrelevant in a sufficiently large quantity. Sure, there's a four to one ratio, but your chances become essentially 50/50. Particularly since, in context, there are an infinite number of -sets-. No matter the ratio, you can only ever get one or the other. Either you live or you don't.

Ah, shit. That ending.

Maybe they need a changeling or something to help

Wait, so does this mean May and Twilight won't be together? I hope that's not the case.

I hope you release the next chapter soon. I haven't been this emotionally invested in a story for a long time dude.

I think there needs to be some explaining how May is able to speak at the beginning of this chapter, while still collared at the end of the previous chapter.

This is the only story that had made me go "Awww" like a live studio audience in a 1990's sitcom, to laughing like an idiot, to getting a genuine case of the feels within two minutes of reading! Feel like I need a freaking neck brace for all this mood whiplash!

9476425
Previous chapter was a flashback :3

"Also, this is my first attempt at clop of any kind, so I apologize in advance for any facial cramping brought about by excessive cringing." Bruh...if this was your first attempt I can only say that I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Dude I've been following this story for a while now and I finally decided to make an account to tell you just how amazing your writing is. Please don't ever stop.

OMG my heart that chapter grabbed it and wouldn't let it go from start to finish.I hope he can fix all of this ,and That Celestia joins the herd to and soon.

9476425
The last chapter was a flashback.

9478190
9476632
Well, It's been FAR too long since the last real chapter and really don't want to have to re-read all previous chapters every time just to remind myself if it's in the present or the past.

“Будь ты проклят, ты империалистический конь!!!” screamed the poor black and brown ball of fuzz as he held onto the rungs of his wheel for dear life. His squeaky little voice taking on an almost doppler-like effect as the abstract metaphor around him began to blur like some sort of flaming zoetrope.

"Damn you, imperial horse!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣


That ending, though. :fluttershysad:

Fantastic chapter, as always. I'm well aware it takes time to make a good one, so I'll be patiently awaiting the next.

great story you have here. i hope to see more some time

I like this story though i cried at the end of this last chapter here....im eagerly waiting for more

Just found this story...

...

...This pleases me so...

...

...I require more.

Geez
So many words yet very few chapters so far.

Ever thought about dividing a few parts so it won't feel like a short story?

Oh, this is so good! Can't wait to see the princesses go full Mama Bear!

9683007
Don't worry, I'm still alive and am working on the next chapter. Thank you for you patience and support.

9683091
I aspire to write at your level one day.

9690198
Says the author of The Small Shop on Elder Street! Trust me, you are already there and then some. Your detail is impeccable, your character interactions are on point, and your scene construction inspires me to up my game! Keep up the fantastic work and know you have a fan in me!

9683091
We know, because each chapter you work is another high quality story

How soon do u feel you will update? I'm so anxious!

9737783 Well I can tell he's also fighting with manic depression. I fight the same battle. That sounds like a nasty combination that would impair damn near anybody.

9737835
Well, it could be a rapid-cycle thing, or he could be having sleep deprivation and stress-induced mood swings.

Not to mention that, if he was in the dark long enough, he could have shifted to a 36-hour sleep schedule -- which is a thing that happens because brains are weird -- which is something else that could potentially be causing other issues while trying to readjust to a 24-hour diurnal one. And I think stress can also exaggerate recovery. So yeah, poor dude has some problems to deal with.

9737870 On top of that, while it wasn't explicitly stated, there is a strong insinuation that the Diamond Dogs ass raped him repeatedly. So we have an entire cornucopia of emotional, mental, and physical traumas to deal with.

Huh. He lived in Richmond? As in Richmond, Virginia? That's only 90 miles from me.

Anyway, wow. This has been quite the intsnes read. I don't much care for the excessive navel-gazing the characters do, but it is very engaging and I love it. Keep up the excellent work.

9827221
I'm about a third of the way through. This thing's seen like five rewrites already as it's going to touch on what May went through with the dogs and I'm trying to do it in a way that conveys the absolute horror he went through and how it's affected him while still remaining tasteful #darktaginbound.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you'll enjoy when it when it's ready.

9827263
25 Feb (25/02/2019)
11 Sep (11/09/2019) = 1/3
6.5 Months.

Previously:
2 Dec (02/12/2018)-------------------------------27 Sep (27/09/2017)
25 Feb (25/02/2019) = 24.5 k-----------------14 June (14/06/2018) = 66.2 k
2.5 Months = Approx. 10 k/Month----------9 Months = Approx. 7 k/Month

Extrapolation:
6.5 Months = 1/3
6.5 Months * 3 = 3/3 = 19.5 Months
19.5 Months * ((10 + 7) / 2) k/Month = 165.75 k

Conclusion:
We're getting the mother of all chapters Oct. 2020 (10/2020)

The anticipation will be DELICIOUS

At first you had my curiosity now you have my erection.:ajsmug:

This is beautifully written. It's rare to find work on a fanfic site as well written and with as impressive a lexicon as this. I will admit that I did have a hard time muddling my way through the internal back and forth of diatribes and rationalizations after his kiss with Luna. That went on long enough it was beginning to feel like a legitimate filibuster, but it eventually led into a very well thought out plot design. Any chance we'll be seeing more any time soon? Also, absolutely loved the Dark Tower reference, one of my favorite series of all time! I don't know if you have actually read the ending you referred to there, but as a chronic D&D player I thought it was rather fitting.

9959301
Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, it has been 4 to 5 years since Luna's return, chapters 4 and 5 establish twilight as an alicorn and running the school of friendship.

However, Puddle Jumper and Yellow Jacket are not the first ponies to entreat Luna in all those years. Though they are the first in 4 months according to chapter six. Usually ponies will gravitate towards Celestia's council, seeing as she is the princess they have grown up with all their lives, as well as her court being active during times they are awake. So more often then not they have no real need to visit Luna, unless it is a matter that specifically falls under the princess's purview, such as monitoring nightmares or eventide weather or tide management.

But these too, are rare and far between as Luna, in her efforts to make up for lost time, ensures such matters are always dealt with swiftly and, if at all possible, planned out far enough in advance so as to prepare for any potential pitfalls in their planning.

Thanks again for reading and let me know if you have any other questions

9957191
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's coming, I'm not quite dead yet, just mostly.

9960031
Ah. I swear that Matt's thoughts were that Yellow Puddle was Luna's first petitioners EVER since her return, and not in the...4 months he's worked for her? At least that was my takeaway.

Anyway, I can't decide whether I'm more anxious to see Matthias' and Luna's conversation(presumably with MUCH facepalming once Luna learns that not only is May from a monogamous culture, but that Twilight never taught HIM about pony relationships or flirting), or to learn if Celestia wants in as well.

I'm currently in the camp that she just feels IMMENSE guilt over nearly killing an innocent. You've voiced his suicidal thoughts in narration, but has he brought them up to anypony, or just kept them inside from his own hangups?

Mate, I need me fix! When can we expect a (not so) wee update?

I wonder when is update. This stuff is interesting

So far I've been enjoying this series, I hope that you aren't giving up on this story and will soon post more chapters for your fans to read.

Login or register to comment