• Published 3rd Dec 2011
  • 37,431 Views, 2,324 Comments

How Did I Get Here? - k12314

  • ...
204
 2,324
 37,431

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49: Complications

CHAPTER 49

I was recording a new song, still a little shaken up by what I had done a few hours ago. I still couldn't believe Dashie's answer.


"Yes! Oh yes! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this, Kyle..."


I smiled, and got back to my music. Life was good.


"DADDY!"


"What the- OOF!" Scoots tackled me, and was jumping up and down on my chest.


"Let's go play Daddy! I wanna go have fun!"


I stood up. "Alright then. Where do you wanna go?"


"To the park! The rest of the Crusaders are there."


"Promise me you won't destroy anything."


"I promise..."


"Good girl. Alright, let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on my favorite park bench, watching Scoots play with her friends. They were practicing tree climbing.


"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TREE CLIMBERS, YAY!" They all shouted in unison.


"Oh my goddesses... Don't hurt yourself Scoots!"


"I won't, Daddy!"


I sat there for another ten minutes, when Zephyr flew up to me.


"Kyle, you have to help me."


"What is it, dude?"


"I can't think of what to say to Lil' Fire. I have everything planned, but I just can't think of anything to say to her!"


"Fear not, as I am a wonderful romantic. Alright, so what do you plan to do?"


"Well, we will be eating at a fancy restaurant, and I will have the band play a slow, romantic song. Then, I will take out the bracelet I plan on proposing with, and then... I need something to say."


"Just say what's from your heart."


"So sputter out sheer nervousness."


"Hmm... That could be an issue. Alright, we need to think of something to say..."


We sat on the bench, thinking for a minute or two. A generic idea hit me.


"How about, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you?'"


"Nah, too cheesy..." Zeph was right.


"Hmmm... How about... Ummm... 'I love you, my little pony. Spend eternity with me.' How does that sound?"


"That could work... Lets see what else we can think of."


"Good idea."


Then, Zeph had an idea.


"How about, 'You are the flame of my life, my passion. I want to be with you, forever.' Is that good?"



"Yeah. Lemme just memorize that, that's a keeper. You've got your idea. Go get her, dude."


Zeph nodded, and smiled. He flew off. "Thanks Kyle!"


"No problem, dude!"


I smiled, and leaned my head back.


"OWWWWWWW!" Scoots screamed in pain. I jolted upwards, and sprinted over to the crumpled orange heap on the ground.


"What happened?"


Apple Bloom was the first to answer. "S-She fell outta th' tree... She was on th' fifth branch..."


I scooped her up, gently. I was trying to move her as little as possible. I looked her over, and noticed that her
leg was bent strangely. It was broken.


"What do you propose I do?" Fluttershy's cottage was too far away, and the hospital was as well.


"Can't you do something?" Sweetie Belle looked like she wanted to help.


"Hmmm... I did teach myself how to heal my own bones if I ever broke them. I don't know if it applies to pony bones... But it's worth a shot."


I took off my jacket and my shirt. I put the jacket back on, as it was REALLY cold out. I grabbed a stick off of the ground, and laid it all out next to Scoots.


"OK, now Scoots, this is going to hurt, but I need to shift your bone back together. Try to be strong."


"O-OK..."


I held both ends of the broken bone, and slowly shifted them back into place. I saw Scoots tear up, but she didn't cry.


I place the stick over the bone, and tied my shirt around it, tightly. That bone wasn't moving at all.


"Alright... Let's get you home, Scoots."


"OK... Thank's, Dad..."


"No problem... Kiddo."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"... AND YOU JUST LET HER CLIMB A TREE LIKE THAT!?!"


"Dashie, please calm down..."


"NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! YOU JUST LET HER GET HURT LIKE THAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"


"It wasn't my fault! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to let her get hurt!" I sat down on the couch, with my head in my hands. I started crying. "I-I'm sorry... I-I c-can't do a-anything right..."


Dashie immediately calmed down when she saw what this whole mess was doing to me. "Hey, don't worry. I'll get Twilight up here, and she can use a spell to fix her leg."


I managed to calm down too. "Alright... But are you sure Twilight is a good idea? Remember the wings...?"


"She's much better at casting on ponies than she is you."


"Makes sense. Alright, let's get her up here tomorrow. Hopefully she can fix Scoots' leg before Hearth Warming."


"Oh, and how goes it with the wedding arrangements?"


"I've got our location reserved, and I have Pinkie getting everything ready. It will all be done in about a week. No peeking..."


"Hmph. Alright."


Dashie walked away, and I leaned back, and sighed.


"The things I do for love..."

PreviousChapters Next