• Published 3rd Dec 2011
  • 37,431 Views, 2,324 Comments

How Did I Get Here? - k12314

  • ...
204
 2,324
 37,431

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Once In A Blue Moon

CHAPTER 21

I sat on the blanket with my friends upon the hill. We all stared off into the night sky, admiring all of the stars.


"It's absolutely GORGEOUS! It's even giving me ideas for a new dress..." Oh Rarity.


"Wow, I didn't understand stargazing at first, but now that I stop and look at the night sky, it looks awesome!" It seemed as if Dashie was enjoying herself.


"It's beautiful..." Shy was being as quiet at always.


"Now I wanna have a star-themed party! YAY PRETTY BLUE STREAMERS AND A DISCO BALL!" Pinkie was as random as always.


"Well shoot Twilight, this was a mighty fine idea!" Applejack seems to have completely forgotten about nearly working me to death a few days ago.


"I think I see a constellation that looks like a muffin!" Yep. I knew Derpy would say something like that.


"Eeyup." Just guess who said that.


"Wow. This is actually quite interesting." Zeph had taken a few days to recover. He looked like a million bits.


"Well, I'm glad you're all enjoying yourself! Kyle is the one who suggested tonight to stargaze." Twilight was giving me more credit than I deserved. I just made an observation of the clouds to determine the weather...


Everypony looked at me and smiled. I couldn't help but grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everypony had left, I'd decided to stay behind and stare into the sky a little more. As I stared, I started to remember my family, my friends... Everypony I had left behind when I came to Equestria. I was having flashback after flashback. When they were done, I was on the verge of tears. I decided to just lay on the blanket and sleep on the hill that night. I slowly drifted off into sleep.


I awoke in a strange place. It was dark, but I could see... It was a strange feeling indeed. I looked down, and I saw that the ground was pure white... But it was moving... The particles almost looked like... Stars?


I looked back up, and I saw a purple alicorn with a dark blue mane that seemed to sparkle like the night sky itself. The alicorn had piercing green eyes...


"HELLO, YOUNG HUMAN. WE NOTICED THAT THOU ENJOY OUR NIGHTS, AND IT BROUGHT TO THEE BACK FOND MEMORIES, DID IT NOT?"


And a VERY loud voice. I rubbed my ears and looked at her closely. Her Cutie Mark was the moon...


"Well... Yeah, it did. I have always loved the night... The light of the moon shining, the stars twinkling. The night gives me inspiration for many things."


"WE ARE PLEASED TO HEAR THAT. PARDON OUR RUDENESS. WE- I, AM PRINCESS LUNA."


I should have seen that coming.


"Woah. I met your sister..."


"I AM AWARE OF THINE ACQUAINTANCESHIP WITH MY SISTER."


Oh.


"So... What do you want from me?"


"I SIMPLY WISHED TO MEET THE STRANGE CREATURE I SAW STARING INTO MY NIGHT EVERY TIME IT FELL."


"Well, I am honored to meet you, Princess Luna."


"THE PLEASURE IS ALL MINE."


"One request..."


"YES?"


"Do you think you could stop being so loud? My ears are ringing..."


"OH DEAR! SORRY- I mean, sorry. I did not mean to cause thee any discomfort."


"No harm done. So... I heard you were banished to the moon about one-thousand years ago?"


"Yes. I was twisted by corruption and my thirst for attention. I just wanted my people to notice me, either by respect... Or by fear. I brought an endless night upon this world, and my sister punished me for it. After I made my return as Nightmare Moon, I wished to seize control of this kingdom, but your friends managed to stop her."


"Her?" I was confused. Was Luna Nightmare Moon? Or was Nightmare Moon a different pony?


"Nightmare Moon is like my... Other personality. She came about from the insanity of the loneliness of the moon."


"I know what it's like to be alone, Luna... I was alone too. I was little then, only about five or six years old, but kids always made fun of me and hurt me. I had to go to the hospital once because a kid kicked my knee in. I was alone, dead to the world. Nobody noticed me, but when they did, they harassed me, beat me..." I shed a tear from those horrible memories. "But then, my best friend came along. He was one of those bullies, but he learned we had the same interests. One day, he helped me up, and told everybody else to lay off. But I haven't seen him for a month now... Ever since I came here."


She looked at me with understanding eyes.


"I know how thee feel, young human. But our time grows short. You must wake up."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up on the hill. It was almost daylight. I looked around, and didn't see anypony. I was wondering what just happened, but I knew. I had met Princess Luna, and she wanted to talk to someone about her past. Someone who had the same problems she had...


Someone like me.

PreviousChapters Next