• Published 3rd Dec 2011
  • 37,431 Views, 2,324 Comments

How Did I Get Here? - k12314

  • ...
204
 2,324
 37,431

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53: Hearth Warming Eve

CHAPTER 53

I woke up, groggy from the "Events" of last night. I rolled out of bed, and got dressed. It was Hearth Warming Eve, and there was some serious stuff going on that day.


"Hmmm... Morning, Kyle."


"Morning, Dashie. Ready for our big date today?"


"Yeah..."


"Great... What time is it, anyways?" I looked out the window, and up at the sun. It was in the center of the sky.


"It's about noon... Alright, Dashie. I have some things to do before anything goes on tonight. You just stay here and... Recover."


She didn't even answer, but smiled and rolled back over and fell asleep.


"Alrighty, I have to help Zeph get the restaurant set up, I have to check with Pinkie to see if she has tomorrow's party set up, and I gotta get the date ready..."


As I said before, my plate is full, eh?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the restaurant, which was all the way in Canterlot. There, I saw Zeph prepping everything.


"Hey, dude."


"Oh, hey Kyle."


"It looks like you're almost done here."


"Yeah. I know I asked you for help, but I sorta jumped the gun a little..."


"Nah, it's OK... Hey, where's Octavia and her band?"


"You see, that's what I need your help with. I can't find her."


"Do what now?"


"Yeah, she's gone. I dunno where to look."


"Well, I have an idea."


"Which is?"


"Let's look at her marefriend's house."


"Marefriend?"


"Yeah. Octavia and Vinyl."


"Huh. Odd couple."


"No kidding. Let's go. Onwards and upwards, Allons-y!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Zeph arrived at Vinyl's house, which was pretty low-key, considering the fact that she is famous. We knocked a few times, but nopony answered.


"Alright... Let's do this my way." I pulled out a bobby pin, and the screwdriver.


"Kyle... What are you doing?"


"Finding my own way in."


"But that's-"


"Illegal, I know. But oh so fun. Besides, Vinyl wouldn't turn me in."


"Sometimes, I worry about you, Kyle."


Click.


I pushed open the door, and was immediately greeted with an angry Vinyl's face.


"What're you doing here, kid? I didn't answer because I don't want anypony bothering me. I'm going through a rough patch with Octavia right now..."


"Well, that would explain why she wasn't there for Zeph, then."


"Yeah. If you wanna talk to her, she's upstairs."


I nodded, and we walked up the stairs. I heard a faint sobbing from a nearby room, and when we went inside, surely enough, Octavia was there, bawling.


"Oh jeez... Hey, Octavia, are you alright?" I approached her.


"N-No... V-Vinyl doesn't r-respect me a-at all..."


"And what makes you say that?"


"She j-just c-constantly p-p-plays that loud, OBNOXIOUS music, a-and I can't g-get any p-peace and quiet..."


"Well, have you tried talking to her about it?"


"N-No... I-I just assumed she w-would undersand..."


"Well, you should talk to her about it! It's what couples are supposed to do, TALK. Just ask her to do it when you aren't home or something."


Octavia wiped the tears out of her eyes, and nodded. She got up, and went downstairs. I heard some chatter, and then she came back up.


"It worked! Thank you..."


"No problem... Now, about Zeph's dinner..."


"I'll be there as soon as I can."


I smiled, and we left.


"Dude... How do you do it?" Zeph hadn't said anything until we had left.


"I dunno, I just have that ability to fix problems. And of course, nopony should be fighting on Hearth Warming Eve!"


"Well, thanks for the help man, I appreciate it."


"No problem. I gotta go, there are some things I have to take care of. I'll catch you later."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I went to check on the Hearth Warming Day party me and Pinkie were planning.


"Oi! Pinkie! I'm here!" I shouted as I walked into the bakery. The place was decorated in any free space on the wall or in the air. Balloons, streamers, banners, lights... And even a Chr- Hearth Warming tree.


"Ohhh! I bet you love it! Isn't it super-duper? I put a lot of work into it! ImeanIhadtogooverthereandhangthatandthenrunove-"


"I get it... Calm down, Pinkie. So, is there anything else you need?"


"Well... I could use some help with the cooking! I still have to bake snacks for everypony!"


"Sure. I guess I could help with that."


We walked back into the kitchen, and there were ingredients everywhere.


"So, what's on the agenda for today?"


"CUPCAKES!"


I remembered when I thought Pinkie had cooked all of our friends into cupcakes.


"Ah... Well, what do we need to do? I never baked cupcakes at home..."


"It's easy!"


"Well... Do you wanna explain?"


Then, Pinkie broke out into song.


"All you have to do is take a cup of flour, add it to the mix!

Now just take a little something sweet not sour,

a bit of salt, just a pinch!

Baking these treats is such a cinch,

add a teaspoon of vanilla!

Add a little more and you count to four,

and you never get your FILLA!

Cupcakes!

So sweet and tasty!

Cupcakes!

Don't be so hasty!

Cupcakes!

Cupcakes cupcakes CUPCAKES!"


I just stared at her.


"Ummm... That was... Interesting... I mean..." I shook my head, knowing I should NEVER try to understand ANYTHING Pinkie does. "Lets just get baking."


"Okie-Dokie-Lokie!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour, we finally had enough cupcakes finished to feed the entire pony population for months.


"That was... I mean the thing you did with the oven... The flames... And then..." I was staring at Pinkie, who had done SOMETHING to make most of the batches of cupcakes be done in minutes.


"It's my secret!"


"Ah..."


"Promise you won't tell anyone?"


"I swear."


"Pinkie Pie swear?"


I groaned. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." I smacked myself in the eye. "OW."


Pinkie giggled. "OK! You can go now! It's a good thing we got done so quickly, the people reading this now wouldn't want to read about us baking for forever!"


"People reading... What? Oh whatever. Seeya Pinkie!"


"Bye-Bye!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had brought along a few snacks with me to the top of the hill in Sweet Apple Acres, where Dashie told me to go, waiting for her. When I saw her approach, I smiled.


"Hey there. So, what's the plan?"


"Well. You get to sit here, while I do some of my famous stunts! I wanted to show you my best performance. It'll be, 'Dashing.'" Dashie grinned at her pun.


"Huh. Alright then. I'll hang back and let you do your stuff."


Dashie flew around, doing amazing stunts. She did some of her regular stunts, but there were some I had never seen before. She was rolling, spinning, and diving. I sat, stunned.


"I can't believe she's doing all of this, just for me." I felt privileged.


This went on for a good twenty minutes. Then, Dashie landed on a cloud, and floated down next to me. She pulled me on, and away we went.


"Where're we going?" I was hanging onto my hat, and my jacket was fluttering in the wind.


"You'll see."


We stopped at the top of a mountain. Dashie pointed to the sky, and I looked up. A large ribbon-like light stretched through the sky, and the stars gleamed as though they were formed yesterday.


"It's an aurora..."


"Yeah. Twilight told me it would show up tonight, and I know how you love this kind of stuff..."


"It's... I mean I... Thanks, Dashie..." I pulled her in close for a hug. I had heard of auroras when I was on Earth, but I had never seen one.


"No problem, Kyle."


In the silence of the night, the moment seemed perfect. And apparently, we had the same intentions...


We embraced in the moonlit night, the aurora shining bright above us.


It was my first Hearth Warming Eve, and my best.

PreviousChapters Next