• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 2,869 Views, 115 Comments

And Then There was Jason - Grey Ghost



Fifteen years after being Displaced, Jason comes home.

  • ...
12
 115
 2,869
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 60 )

Woah...

This is an excellent use of the cross-over concept (Been reading Displacedwriter's work since he started), and this gives Chara a needed character development.

Also, I have some suspicions about those shadowy individuals.

I can't wait to read your next release.

Good writing!

8294724
Hmm... PM to avoid potential spoilers?

Oooooominous.

Great, he just boosted the power of someone who wants to kill changelings. :facehoof: Though I suppose if they meant Thorax's changelings, that's fine.

Too bad Nemesis looks like he does or he'd be a good choice.

8294891
Actually Chara doesn't want to just kill the changelings she wants to Kill All Enemies equally the changelings are no exception they just had the advantage of flying

"Hey, I resent that! I can be serious when I need to!"

But yeah, there's reason Gilgy is not going to visit his own Earth for quite a long time.

Who the heckll was that at the end? A corporate villain? Who? WHO???

Hmm... These new foes aren't gonna give up easily, are they?

Another great chapter, as usual. And interesting cliffhanger.

Comment posted by cyberlord4444 deleted Jul 13th, 2017

8295609

Jason waved her off. “Who am I going to call? Gilgamesh is too damn goofy, Vash is... somewhere. I haven’t talked to Team Rocket in decades.” Standing up, Jason moved over to the window, placing his hand out. “I’ll just keep an eye out for tokens. See if I can find anyone who can fit the bill.”

That. Well, Mythic or Cruger. Probably not Jack

8295651
I already have someone in mind.

which displace do you have in mind to call?

I'm sorry; I scrolled and stopped at random spots. I need to get my crap together.

I've always wanted Oscar and Jason to crossover but I'm afraid of screwing things for the good writers. Then again Jason (the well written OP character) wouldn't need anything from Fandom Man (the spur of the moment written OP character)... I mean unless he wants the Mask or another transformation-

Wait. Cybertronian! Jason could be an Autobot! ...if I decide to ask about the crossover. Maybe it could be like mail?

8302824
Jason already has too transformers scans

8304217
Jason is looking for a displace to talk to the people of earth

8304224
As I told someone else, I already have someone in mind.

8304298
Why would I post story spoilers in the comments?

8304318 Could alway pm the answer. I will find out when you post the chapter so I can wait.

8302922
That's awesome! What vehicles/forms do they take?

“Listen, I don’t know a lot about Undertale, I wasn’t here when the craze happened. What I do know is, there's always a way to solve your problems without killing anyone.”

No, there's not. And what more, some people deserve to die (like someone who commits murder on an entire thinking, spirit-filled species).

But what's with the casual bending of reality thing now? I mean, it's one thing to have it in your own universe, as narrative-tension destroying as it is, but I though one of the deals was that other Displaced worked on different magic systems or something? What's more, how exactly does Jason even know how to just change someone's immortality anyway? Shouldn't that be a pretty complicated procedure? I only ask because I kinda like the direction this story is taking, what with him coming back to Earth and showing off a more mature and thinking side to what has essentially been a berserker warrior whose been bedding everypony who caught his eye, but the bits of philosophy he's been spouting and 'kindnesses' he's been giving have implications that are more than just a touch disturbing.

8423327
Jason's point is, just murdering everyone around you isn't going to solve anything. As for the casual rewriting of reality, it was more Chara was testing his patience to the limits, by being an obstinate brat. I assure you, he's not going to just casually rewrite reality, despite wanting to.

8423352
You are correct, murdering everyone isn't going to solve anything, but if that's truly what Jason's point he shouldn't so much as utter that there is always another way to solve your problems without killing. In truth, there's more to that saying than most people perceive. To that point, there are many things that can be done to someone other than killing, but sometimes killing is what is most appropriate even if you have access to other options. This is made all the more important to qualify when Chara makes the surprisingly salient point that she sometimes goes out of her way to stop monsters by killing them who would otherwise do nothing but murder innocent life when link-Pony isn't around. Killing such evil creatures is indeed the most appropriate course of action, and it would have done Jason's "mentoring" a deal better if he, who is a warrior and knows full well that violence and death are sometimes the answer, had tried to impress upon Chara that not everything has to end up with a killing and then pointing to Discord as an off-the-cuff example.

And the problem with reality warping isn't Jason's "restraint" it's his casual nature to using it combined with how sure and/or unconcerned he is about doing it and the consequences it can have. And this problem only get's worse with the more reality warpers he gets. It was one thing to only have Hodgepodge able to do it, because it was self-evident he used his powers in respect to a code that he would only use it to cause mischief (changing genders, or making things to create physical comedy) and how he would sometimes use it despite and in spite of Jason's own will giving it an added air of genuine randomness that was out of Jason's hands, but then you got Alien X, which we have yet to see Jason be so much as inconvenienced by the other two personalities that are supposed to govern it, then we have this particular chapter where he casually starts talking about changing realities (plural) with no concern for any potential consequences, which is compounded by Celestia never bringing up such possibilities even after Chara leaves. It all just adds up to a great big question of 'Why?' as in why should I be concerned for Jason now? It sounds like, even if he screwed the pooch entirely he could just remake the universe into one where he succeeded then goes on from there.

Having a powerful character isn't a bad thing, in fact, there're pretty fun, just look at how many people like Super-Man, but there needs to be clear limits of some kind or even just a power downgrade, otherwise he's just a Marty-Stu.

Poke, poke. Sounds fun!

*poke*poke this thing dead?

Well damn, I actually enjoyed this series. Can't believe it's dead. Oh well, at least I can keep guessing.

8975085
It's. Not. Dead.

8975409
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Man it's been a year since your last chapter. I wish you keep writing

8975409
Why u lie iz ded was good time

9200000
Again. IT'S.NOT.DEAD.

9200380
Then tell us what’s making it take so long to update I need a reason it’s been a whole year

*poke*poke* I think this may be dead last chapter was two years ago

I hope this will continue some time in the future! Great work as always!

9200380
Really now? Poke.Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke.

more need more

Hi hello still alive? :rainbowhuh:

I have enjoyed this story. I’ve waited for a while now, and I guess I have to admit it. It’s dead :fluttercry:

A shame. It was really good.

Login or register to comment