• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 11,695 Views, 175 Comments

Time-Out Tuesday - Majin Syeekoh



Starlight walks in on a most curious tradition.

  • ...
20
 175
 11,695

...time out for a second.

The sound of guavas ricocheting off of the floor pierced the awkward silence that formed when Starlight Glimmer entered the threshold of the kitchen and laid her eyes on a most terrifying sight: Twilight Sparkle and Chrysalis, disgraced Queen of the Changelings, having tea. Starlight’s first instinct upon witnessing such a sight was to vaporize the entire kitchen because that’s problem solving. But she paused, figuring that Chrysalis would probably be able to shield herself from such a blast. Plus, Chrysalis didn’t immediately attack her upon her entrance. Chrysalis stole a sip of tea, keeping her eyes trained on Starlight, while Twilight sat there, absorbed in what appeared to be shock, both with bated breath.

Starlight’s gaze bounced between Twilight and Chrysalis as she formulated a plan to deal with the current situation. An idea formed in her mind. It wasn’t the best plan, but it was the best she could do now that she lost the element of surprise.

She inhaled. “What’s going on?”

Both Twilight and Chrysalis exhaled deeply and took measured sips.

“For a second there,” Twilight said with a giggle, “I thought you were going to blow up the kitchen.”

“I was.”

Twilight sucked her teeth. “Well, uh… good job on not immediately relying on magic to solve your problems!”

“Yeah,” Starlight said, “I figured that maybe you captured Chrysalis.” She smiled. “And now you’re showing her mercy like you did me.”

Chrysalis took a long sip of her tea. “No, I’m here of my own free will.”

A chill ran through Starlight’s spine as a cerulean glow possessed her horn, her eyes growing to the size of saucers. “Somepony please tell me what’s going on because I don’t feel particularly safe right now.”

“That’s easy. It’s Time-Out Tuesday.”

Spike walked past Starlight, put a plate of scones on the table―Chrysalis and Twilight each grabbing one―then sat in a vacant chair himself.

“Time out… Tuesday?” The glow vanished from Starlight’s horn as she looked at Twilight. “What’s Time Out Tuesday?”

“Time-Out Tuesday,” Twilight explained as she took a bite out of her scone, “these are really good, Spike.”

“Simply delectable,” Chrysalis said, having taken a bite of her own.

Spike poured himself a cup of tea, grabbed a scone, and bit into it. “Yeah, it tastes like I really outdid myself this―”

“Shut up about the scones!” Starlight clenched her jaw. “What’s Time Out Tuesday?”

Another sip of tea found its way into Chrysalis’s throat. “Well, Starlight, Time-Out Tuesday is when Twilight and I put our differences aside and take solace in the fact that we’re both world citizens.”

Starlight glared at Chrysalis, then looked at Spike and Twilight who gave nods of agreement.

“And now you, I guess.” Chrysalis took another bite out of her scone. Chrysalis looked at Twilight, who nodded, then back at Starlight. “Would you, uh, like to join us?”

“Hold on a second.” Starlight raised a hoof. “Does this mean that the whole ‘you kidnapping all of Equestrian Royalty and replacing them’ thing was done with their consent?”

Twilight sipped her tea. “No, she legitimately usurped us and I’m still very cross with her about it.”

“The most cross,” Chrysalis confirmed. “She let me know at the start of today’s visit.”

“Yeah,” Spike said as he spread clotted cream on his scone, “I remember Twilight specifically saying ‘Chrysalis I didn’t appreciate you kidnapping me and nearly everyone I care about’ and Chrysalis was like ‘Yeah well suck it up what’s today’s variety of tea’ and Twilight said―”

Starlight cut Spike off with a grunt. “This sounds really crazy.” She rubbed her face. “Like, just inherently insane. You realize that, right?”

Chrysalis, Spike, and Twilight stopped what they were doing to exchange a glance, then all stare at Starlight.

“Starlight Glimmer,” Twilight said, “as my student, I thought you’d understand the purpose of Time-Out Tuesday.”

“I’m sorry, Twilight, but I don’t.” Starlight exhaled. “I don’t understand the purpose of willingly inviting someone who kidnapped you and all of your friends and put you in pods.” Her breathing grew shallower. “I don’t understand how you can simply share a table with someone who kidnapped and impersonated your sister-in-law in an attempt to annex Canterlot.” Starlight’s pupils widened. “And I certainly don’t understand how you can calmly sip tea with someone who tried to kill Thorax!”

“Speaking of Thorax,” Chrysalis interjected as she turned to face Twilight, “seeing what he turned into was probably a subconscious factor in turning down Starlight’s offer for reform.”

Twilight sipped again. “Yeah, I could see that.” Twilight flexed a wing. “It’s hard having to deal with changes to your body.”

“I’m right here!” Starlight said before she groaned. She then put a hoof to her chest and composed herself. “Look, you three seem to be getting along splendidly right now, wouldn’t you say!”

“Well, yeah,” Spike said as he took a bite out of his creamed scone.

Twilight took another bite as well. “Everyone gets along on Time-Out Tuesday.”

Another grunt escaped from Starlight’s throat. “So how about instead of Time-Out Tuesday, you call a permanent time out?”

Chrysalis chortled. “If we called a permanent time out, I’d never be able to exact my revenge on you.”

“And I’m still rather cross with her,” Twilight added.

Starlight’s breath quickened as she glanced between Chrysalis, Spike, and Twilight. “Then how can you stand to sit across from each other!?

Spike looked at Starlight. “Because it’s Time-Out―”

Starlight screamed at the top of her lungs and stormed out of the kitchen, the three of them staring at her.

“Well, that was rather rude of her,” Chrysalis said, taking another bite of her scone, “she just came in here, made a mess with all of these guavas, insulted our tradition, then left in a huff.”

Twilight sipped on her tea. “Yeah, she was acting like it was Furious Friday.”

The three of them shared a chuckle at that comment. Everyone liked Furious Friday more than Time-Out Tuesday.

Comments ( 175 )

Starlight’s first instinct upon witnessing such a sight was to vaporize the entire kitchen because that’s problem solving.

Best line in a fic ever.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758745 Yeah, I really like that line, too.

7758747 Why is this story in the group "School for New Writers"?

Bruh you have 87 stories and over 1100 followers. You're nowhere close to being a new writer.:moustache:

OMG this is the funniest thing ive read all day!

This was genius,

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758754 Because I'm contributing my stories to the scholastic institution.

Cute. I enjoyed this.

Lost my shit at Furious Friday. Well played.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758757
7758765 Glad you two enjoyed it!


7758775 Yeah, I liked that part as well.

I... i... i dont know what to feel about this...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758790 Just accept whatever feeling that comes out.

I take it Starlight won't want to go go-karting with that nice dragon turtle either.

A delightful bit of insanity. Thank you for it. :twilightsmile:

7758745
Hey, if the problem's solved, it isn't there anymore. Therefore, by removing the problem from existence, you're solving it. This is how logic works.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758798 Yeah, I guess it is that trope.

I just thought the scenario would be entertaining.

both with bated breath..

It's a double period.

Not even sure horses do that.

Do horses get periods?

Hold on, I'm gonna go google that.

... Huh. They don't.

Has anyone done a story about Sunset Shimmer freaking out about getting her period?

7758797 thats just it. I dont know what the fuck im feeling about this...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758808 There is. I can't link it because it's mature, but it's by Bootsy Slickmane. Figure there's no harm in linking to his story list.

Also thanks for the catch.


7758810 It'll come to you in time.

7758816 its like... like a combination of wanting to laugh and having an aneurysm at the same time...

7758808

Do horses get periods?

Asking the real questions, huh?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758822 Oh, a laughyerism.

I understand that feeling all too well.

7758825 well damn, my vocabulary just got expandified on!

7758808 No. Instead they have estrus.

Moody Monday, Time-out Tuesday (as quoted in the story), Wild Wednesday, Tidy Thursday, Furious Friday (as quoted), Sleepy Saturday, Serious Sunday.

Monday: Be as grumpy as you want, as long it doesn't descend into anger. Save that for Fridays.
Tuesday: As the story suggests, take a break from your most stressing activity, and chill out!
Wednesday: Have fun! Do something new!
Thursday: Clean up stuff. Whether it's your house, your car, or your computer, organize it on Thursdays!
Friday: Let out all the frustrations you've built up over the week, so you can go easy on the weekend.
Saturday: After you let out your anger, it's time to rest.
Sunday: It's the day before Monday; get your act together and gear up for the week ahead.

:twilightsmile:

Liked this story very much. Quite seriously, not a bad idea for an Equestrian institution, it would help everyone remember that their enemies are people too, with viewpoints of their own.

I wonder who else shows up for Time-Out Tuesday on occasion. It would be hilarious if they let out Tirek for tea or if it turned out Sombra came by every so often but they don't tell anypony he's resurrected since it's for Time-Out Tuesday. :trixieshiftright:

Enough of my inane pondering. Great work as always. :pinkiehappy:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758845 Those sound like fine ideas.


7758854 Yeah, it'd be an interesting institution.


7758866 I actually toyed with having more villains show up, but I wanted to keep it nice and compact.

I'm glad you all liked it!

“Well, that was rather rude of her,” Chrysalis said, taking another bite of her scone, “she just came in her, made a mess with all of these guavas, insulted our tradition, then left in a huff.”

Twilight sipped on her tea. “Yeah, she was acting like it was Furious Friday.”

The three of them shared a chuckle at that comment. Everyone liked Furious Friday more than Time-Out Tuesday.

Oh I think I know why they like Furious Friday more. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
derpicdn.net/img/2015/1/6/800396/large.png

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758890 Furious Friday is the best, yeah.

Obligatory "Goddammit Syeekoh."

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7758916 There it is.:ajsmug:

7758870
Thanks! Now if only I could follow them...

7758926 Hey, I liked it. But some things just have to be done.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759020 To be fair, I knew it was coming.

0 Views but 32 Likes and a Dislike? :rainbowderp:

HAX! :flutterrage:

It's a shit day.

Thanks for the chuckle at work.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759042 It's just the site's slow to update the view count.


7759065 I aim to please.

7759066 Yeah, but that's most likely going to be a boring answer for many.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759074 Hey, boring might not make for a good story, but it also means nothing bad's happening.

Boring is good in my book.

7759077 Well that's fine by you. I'm not one to judge.

Is this in the same universe as Chrysalis Works at Quills and Sofas?

Ohh, boy... How did you blow up the world with randomness today?

Perhaps such thing as temporary truce, proper, without violent tricks, still exists.

7758890
I suddenly have the urge to play a mlp themed Mario kart game.

Be like the old wacky racers with each character with a themed kart. Derpy driving a muffin lol.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759149 I didn't envision it as such, but if you think it fits, you can imagine it to be so.


7759151 I put my fingers to the keyboard and typed.



7759171 I'd honestly like to think so, and there are examples in history of such truces.

Huh. I dunno what to feel about this.

That was nice, I guess.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759250 I'm glad you found some level of enjoyment from it.

7759262 I guess your fics have a tendency to make me go “Oh. Well, that happened.”

That said, I don’t mind it.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759264 My fics do indeed happen.:derpytongue2:

Don't know what I was expecting from this when I clicked, but... It sure reached those expectations. Seriously though, good story. I needed a good laugh today, and this was super funny. :rainbowlaugh:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759325 I'm glad I could make you laugh.

Best Syeekoh, as always.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7759377 Thnx praa

I appreciate your approval.

Login or register to comment